- For specific animations/motions that your character can perform, see Gesture.
- For animations/motions representing Shakespeareian characters, see Persona.
Actions are similar to skills. However, they do not advance or gain experience. The Action skills all have a green background. To see or use them press N on your keyboard.
||Triggers a normal attack. Easy to use after targeting a monster.
- Learned automatically upon character creation.
- Normal Attack simply involves melee attacking the monster with a weapon. Clicking on the enemy will trigger this action.
- Using this on an enemy with a Bow or Crossbow will instead trigger Ranged Attack.
- Using this on an enemy with an Atlatl will instead trigger Throwing Attack.
- Using this on an enemy with Dual Guns will instead trigger Dual Gun Mastery.
- Normal attacks builds up the Knockdown Gauge as listed on the weapon. For example, a 3 Hit weapon will completely fill up the gauge and knock down the enemy after three normal attacks.
- The enemy will temporarily receive invulnerability frames after being knocked down by normal attacks.
- Normal attacking an enemy with another enemy right next to it may inflict Splash Damage.
- Splash damage only causes the targeted enemy to aggro, but may place the splashed targets to be on alert state though this depends on the enemy.
- Colossus and Pierrot Marionettes' normal attacks will never deal splash damage.
- Enabling Auto Combat results the player relentlessly attacking the selected opponent with a normal attack.
- Reserve Attack as well as Intuition have a chance to intercept normal attacks.
- Normal attacks will always interrupt Smash and Flash Launcher.
- Normal attacks have a chance to interrupt Charge, Dischord, Act 1: Inciting Incident and Act 2: Threshold Cutter.
- When normal attacking an enemy with Windmill loaded, it will immediately respond by executing Windmill.
- Normal attacks will never intercept Fighter Skills.
|The action pretending you are totally incapacitated. You are just pretending so people will most likely not be fooled all that easily, but if you are actually getting attacked by a monster, this action is worth trying. Just pretend that you are dead and lie there for a while. You may actually fool the monster afterall, which may, in the end, save your life.
- Elves learn this skill automatically upon character creation. Humans learn it after completing the quest Tracy's Escape Route. Giants cannot learn Play Dead.
- The user will fly backwards onto the ground and pretend to be unconscious.
- Males and females have different Play Dead poses. These poses are also dependent on the weapons you are wielding (e.g. Lances).
- Enemies will continue to target the player, but most will choose not to attack.
- The monster can still attack if its AI allows it to do so. This becomes more likely if it possesses AoE attacks.
- The monster might also attack you while Playing Dead if you used a luring attack (i.e. Icebolt) and then immediately Play Dead.
- Cat Sith Knights are an example of a monster that can attack a player in this state without the use of an AoE such as Windmill, Stomp (Monster), or Splash Damage.
- If the enemy is very close and is attacking normally and you manage to use Play Dead, during the flying animation you will get hit (this means you timed it wrong). They will/can hit you if/when you are in midair.
- Lightning Bolt grouping is also applied to this since it hits multiple targets.
- Giant players and enemies cannot knock out a faker with Stomp.
- Players can notice your HP or their ability to (Ctrl) target you in Play Dead and still attack.
- Player's Pets cannot attack someone faking their death. However the Master can command it to still target the player.
- Play Dead makes the player vulnerable to Assault Slash.
- It takes approximately a minute for the monster to drop aggro once the player is Playing Dead.
- A player may summon pets to draw the target's attention away and then dismiss the pet. It may take several attempts to make it more effective.
- Can be used immediately without flying animation after being knocked down.
- Frozen Blast will not cancel Play Dead even though the icon is temporarily deactivated.
- It takes about three seconds to 'get up' from Play Dead.
- If you try to get up while being targeted, the monster may attack you.
- You may safely get up when the monster is not using an offensive attack.
- You may summon pets while Playing Dead.
- Play Dead drains 0.5 Stamina per second during use, however the skill will not cancel after reaching 0 stamina.
- Elves cannot use Hide during the Play Dead "get up" animation. The animation has to be completed before Hide can be used.
- The action will send the player going backwards in a slightly diagonal direction of about 300 distance.
||If you are aware of this action, then you may hold a Music Jam Band. When a fellow party member uses this action, then the party members will have their instruments and scores all set up, ready to play. When the leader of the party uses this action, that's when the playing begins. This action is only available to those with Rank C or above in Playing Instrument and Musical Knowledge.
- Requires at least Musical Knowledge Rank C, Playing Instrument Rank C, and Rank Novice Composing in order to learn. Once these requirements are met, the player will soon receive the quest Beautiful Harmony, Jam.
- By using this action, the player will prepare the use of a musical instrument while in a Jam Band party.
- When the party leader uses this action, all players who have prepared Jam Session will begin playing songs at the same time. This allows multiple score compositions to be performed relatively in-sync (excluding individual playing failures).
- Note that if you create a song that requires more than 5 people playing at the same time, only 5 of the instruments will be heard.
Beautiful Harmony, Jam
| How to Get Quest
Acquire Rank C Playing Instrument, Rank C Musical Knowledge, and Rank Novice Composing
|| Haha, hello! It's Nele from Emain Macha. I'm hearing rumors even from here that you're always playing music. Come stop by when you get a chance. I will teach you a special action regarding instrument playing. -Nele
- 200 Experience Points
- Jam Action
|| Use this skill if you want to be paid for playing beautiful and moving music for an audience. You must 'use' this skill before you start playing, and you will get a donation box in which the audience can put in Gold to show their appreciation.
- Learned upon equipping any instrument.
- When the player uses the Playing Instrument skill, he or she will put a box out in front so that listening users can donate Gold.
- Only Playing Instrument will cause the box to appear. Other music skills do not present the donation box.
- Drag and drop money from inventory into the box to donate.
- You cannot donate more than 1,000g at a time.
- Even when there's no music/animation (e.g. because you entered a map after someone started playing), the donation box will still appear.
||The skill for drawing a sketch of an animal or an artifact on paper. You can purchase sketch paper from the General Shop and/or other such shops.
- Learned automatically upon completion of an Iria continent Beginner Quest.
- Using the Sketch Paper the player may make a sketch of a monster or artifact, and gain Exploration experience.
- Sketch Paper is only available in Iria and can be bought from Alexina, Hagel or Krug. A few quests supply Sketch Paper.
- It is not possible to sketch anything outside of Iria, and only monsters and artifacts can be sketched inside Iria.
- If the monster moves out of the location where the player started sketching, the attempt will fail.
- Monsters moving slightly are able to be sketched on Samhain (Saturday), however.
- A dead monster cannot be sketched.
- You may not sketch one field boss twice.
- There is a one minute and thirty second cooldown time after a successful sketch.
- Sketches act as a way point. For example, viewing the sketch of a monster will create a marker on your minimap, showing you where you sketched the monster. The same applies to sketched artifacts. This can be useful for remembering where certain monsters spawn.
- For a list of monster sketches, go here.
- Note: Some Sketches may be "odd." For example, if you sketch any Dragon, the Sketch Paper will be blank even though it was successful.
- Note: The image on the Sketch Paper will appear at the angle your character faces a monster or artifact. For example, if you sketch a monster with its back facing you, then the sketch will display the monster's back.
- For quests, it won't matter from which angle the sketch is made.
- Trivia: For Generation 8, the player must sketch the NPC Kelpie. This is the only known time that Sketch may be used on an NPC.
||A skill that helps you locate objects using a tool. When you hold the L-Rod and start searching the area, you will start getting a response from the L-Rod, in light and sound, as you draw near to the treasure, at which you will hear four loud beeps. When the L-Rod is beeping as such, click on the X hotkey and click the ground using the mouse's cursor. The L-Rod will then reveal the artifact that has been hidden nearby. If an artifact does not appear, try to click on another spot.
- Learned upon equipping L-Rods.
- By equipping Exploration Tools, the player may search for hidden items and artifacts in Iria.
- Items found by the L-Rod disappear after 5 minutes or less, quite often relocating to another part of the map.
- The relocation does not always happen for quest-related hidden items.
- If you find an artifact in one channel of a server, the same artifact will appear uncovered on other channels. For example, if you found a stone sculpture on Channel 5 and immediately moved to Channel 4, it will be uncovered there as well. This might be done to prevent exploitation.
- In Courcle, L-Rod Exploration will usually only find treasure chests (with the occasional monster) containing Courcle Artifacts.
- At the moment, L-Rod Exploration does not find anything in Zardine.
- How close the player is to a discovery is indicated by two to four beeping sounds. Two beeps means the item/artifact is just barely in your area. Three beeps means you are getting closer. Four beeps means you are either extremely close or right on top of it. Use the X key and then click anywhere around the character to try to find something in that direction.
- Clicking at yourself in the four beep area will uncover the object.
- If you hear the three beeps, then you can spam the Action.
- Not recommended since it will drain Durability of the L-Rods and your stamina.
- Drains the player's stamina points slowly while the skill is loaded. (Uses about 1 stamina point per second)
- If you do not have sound available to you, you may determine how close you are to a discovery by watching how intensely the L-Rods flash. The closer you are to discovery, the more intense the flash.
- If successful, the player may find a relic or a treasure chest. Occasionally, finding a chest will spawn monsters, and one of the monsters has the key to the chest.
- If the monsters aren't dispatched quickly enough, the chest may disappear. You must dispatch all of them in order to open the chest.
- Finding anything will grant the player Exploration experience.
- Samhain (Saturday) increases the detection range of the L-Rods.
- This may make it harder for some players who are used to the normal shorter range, as it more possible for multiple targets to overlap.
- It states that "The accuracy increases over time." However that is a typo; it means that Samhain increases the detection range of the L-Rods for the day.
- If you use Awakening of Light in Iria and wander around, it will do automatic L-Rod Exploration around you.
- Note: The Standard range of the L-Rod is equivalent to the covered area that you walked on the map.
- Learned upon equipping, and usable with, one of the following types of L-Rod;
- All Land Maker L-Rods can also use the L-rod exploration action.
- When using the Snowfield L-Rod and Cold Wind L-Rod with the land maker action;
- items, artifacts, burrowing animals and buried monsters can be found for exploration experience.
- In some cases you need only to dig, that is, you may not always need to use the L-rod exploration action to find something.
- Giants may use Stomp to substitute the Land Maker action.
- So far, the Warm Wind L-Rod is only useful in the exploration mission "Collect Cobra Pillar Statue Stone Fragment" where sand needs to be raised to get to higher levels of the pillar.
- The Snowfield L-Rod is for Giants only and Krug will modify it to a Human only version for Giant-allied Humans (who have an exploration level at 5 or above and are allied to the Giants).
- The Cold Wind L-Rod and Warm Wind L-Rod are for Elves only and Hagel will modify them to Human only versions for Elf-allied Humans (who have an exploration level at 5 or above and are allied to the Elves).
- There is also a quest from Alexina where she asks a Human character to choose either the Giants or Elves as the ones to ask about the land maker L-rods. After selecting a race to investigate, a player will receive a quest to speak to either Hagel or Krug. The player will be told to buy a land maker L-rod from the NPC they are talking to and only on this occasion will an unallied Human character be able to have Hagel or Krug convert a land maker L-rod from their race specific version into a Human only version.
- Elf-specific. Learned after character creation.
- Allows the player to disappear from monster view.
- The monster will immediately stop targeting and drop any aggro/attacks/skills to the hidden player.
- Using Hide on a mount will not render the pet invisible and therefore may be attacked.
- If another party member provokes a monster, the Hider can be hit by AoE attacks or Splash Damage.
- Cannot be used in the midst of battle. The player must not have been fighting for 30 seconds in order to activate it.
- This can also be treated the same way in Engaging Bandits in Commerce when they obtain a star.
- A Hider cannot attack; (s)he must uncloak first before attacking.
- While active, Hide uses 5 Mana and then drains Mana slowly.
- The version possessed by the Crystal Deer will Hide the pet itself as well its master, if the master is mounted on it.
- The pet version will slow the pet to a walk while in use.
- The pet version will not cause aggroed enemies to drop aggro, unlike the Elf version (they may chase after you). They will still be unable to attack you directly, however.
- Hide cannot be used during Play Dead or its "get up" animation after canceling. The animation has to be completed before Hide may be used.
||You can pick up a stone from the ground and either throw it on an enemy or an object. Casting this stone will not incur any damages on the enemy, but it does work when you want to bring the attention of the enemy toward you.
- Quest is automatically obtained right after character creation, which requires you to bring Sion a Slice of Cake. Jennifer sells them as "Gift" items for 100 Gold.
- The player can pick up a stone from the ground and throw it at objects and monsters.
- Range is 1200 (equal to a basic magic bolt).
- This is considered a Magic attack and will activate any Mana Deflector available. Classified as a Magic attack, it will never miss.
- On the contrary, finishing mobs off with Rock Throwing will count for Ranged Attack training for the respective level. In addition, Natural Shield will also activate.
- Will not hurt anything. Used for luring and hitting objects.
- Will kill opponents who are in Deadly status.
- The rock only stuns the target for a fraction of a second, allowing enemies to immediately retaliate.
- Monsters do not animate when hit with Defense.
- Finishing a monster with Rock Throwing will not count the kill on quests.
- You cannot use the (Ctrl) Auto-Target system.
- Players with Reserve Attack on can use auto-target while the skill is loading and will execute the action on the target once it has finished loading.
- Can be used to hit switches from afar in Dungeons.
- Rock Throwing can cancel loaded skills that can be canceled from a normal hit.
- Uses 2 Stamina per load.
- Load time is 1.0 second.
- Throw animation lasts 1.5 seconds, and you may not load any skills or attack before this. Combined with its small stun, this leaves you vulnerable.
- Can be used during Windmill's animation.
- Giants cannot learn Rock Throwing.
- During the Lorraine's Nightmare Event, Giants who were in the quest had Rock Throwing. Since the quest is a role-play, the action does not carry over to the actual character.
||Use the Roll the Dice action for fun anywhere and at any time. You can purchase a dice from the General Shop.
- The player must equip Six-sided Die first.
- The player takes out a 6-sided die.
- Click the ground to roll it.
- The Six-sided Die will display 1-6 dots randomly.
- Throwing range is 400.
Throw Paper Airplane
- For the monster skill, see Paper Airplane Bomb.
||This skill enables you to fold and throw a Paper Airplane; let's send your feelings to your beloved on a Paper Airplane. If you throw a Paper Airplane at an enemy, you might get its attention.
- Using a piece of Paper, the player may throw a paper airplane which flies in a random direction.
- The duration the plane flew and the distance the plane traveled are visually marked on the airplane after it has landed.
- Subsequent airplanes may not be thrown until it has landed.
- According to the description, the Paper Airplane aggros monsters. However, this is false.
- During the throwing animation you may be invincible from short-effect area attacks.
- Learned after completing Paper Airplane quest in which Alissa at Tir Chonaill asks for a piece of paper. The quest is achieved by gaining a level.
- Farming is highly complex. For more information, see Farming.
||Water the borrowed field to increase its moisture. Can only be used on the Taillteann farmland.
||Fertilize the borrowed field to increase its nourishment. Can only be used on the Taillteann farmland.
||Catch bugs in the borrowed field to increase its comfort. Can only be used on the Taillteann farmland.
||Installs or removes an equipped Tower Cylinder.
- Automatically obtained upon equipping a Tower Cylinder.
- Enables use of a Tower Cylinder in 3rd person aiming perspective.
- One can use "Screenshot mode" to change from over-the-shoulder view to Third-person view.
- Consumes 1 Stamina per second.
- It takes about 5 seconds to install or remove the Cylinder.
- During the set up process, Sharp Mind will only display question marks.
- If you are knocked down, you will have to set up the cylinder again.
- Increases the range and power of all alchemy used.
- Range is dependent on the Alchemy used (range is increased by approximately 80%).
- The user cannot move while the Tower Cylinder is being set-up or after it is set-up.
- Press TAB to toggle aiming modes.
- Aiming Mode offers a First-Person view and must be aimed manually.
- Cursor Mode offers a First-Person view and targets can be selected with CTRL.
- Rotate the cylinder by rotating the screen.
- Cannot be used on Rafts or Hot-Air Balloons.
- Only the following projectile type alchemy can be used with this:
Water Balloon Throwing
||Throws a water balloon.
- Action is received during the Water Balloon Event.
- Can only be used during the Water Balloon Event.
- This action allows a player to toss a Water Balloon.
- Takes 0.01 seconds to load.
- Costs no Stamina.
- Can be loaded while stunned.
- Balloons do not actually "damage" the player, although the injury is shown over the character's head, but the user interface is unaffected.
- Balloons do a set damage of 10% of the opponent's HP.
- Balloons have 100% Wound Rate.
|| Allows you to move to Uladh, Belvast, or Iria.
- Warps you between the continents of Uladh and Iria, as well as Belvast Island.
- All characters start with this action.
- Can only be used once until the timer resets. The timer resets at 12:00 PM and 12:00 AM in-game time.
- Note: You cannot warp to Belvast until you have visited it at least once beforehand.
- Note: You cannot warp if you are mounted on a pet.
- Note: Warping from a will say Continent Warping has failed, although it has not.
||Press the Space Bar while using this action, and your character will jump!
- This action is obtained by equipping a Clear, a Frog, a Lace, Old Glory, Panda, or a Twinkle Star Umbrella and allows you to open and hold the umbrella over your head.
- You may not use a Parasol to obtain or use this action.
- Using Rest in conjunction with this action will put you into a different Rest position.
- Pressing spacebar while using this action makes you to jump forward a few feet.
- The taller the player, the farther the jump. For example, a character that is age 17 jumps farther than a character that is age 10.
- The jump will not allow you to leap over obstacles.
- The jump has no effect on Normal/Combat Mode Stance, which also uses the spacebar as its default hotkey command.
- When using the Watering action while having this action active, the watering pot will bear the colors of the umbrella.
- When using the Fertilizing action while having this action active, the pitchfork will be an umbrella.
- When steering a raft while having this action active, the oar will be a closed umbrella.
- When using the Ladeca in Homestead while having this action active, taking off the umbrella will cause the character to have the action active without the umbrella inside the homestead.
- Fighting, using skills, summoning pets that execute a skill when summoned (e.g. Fire Storm, Thunder Storm, Ice Storm), or using other actions will cancel this action.
|| While using this action, your character will float.
- Obtained through equipping wings and is required to use this action.
- Spirit Weapon wings do not grant the action nor can be used for Spread Wings.
- Causes the player to float and glide while moving. make you float and glide while moving. Also, depending on the type of wings equipped, they will appear flapping.
- All effects are aesthetic.
- Using any skill will cancel the action.
These are actions that do not appear in the action window and may only be used with items or in special occasions.
- This skill is automatically obtained when the Cookie Wand Event is in progress.
- When clicking on a monster with a Cookie Wand equipped, this action will be used. You will also need a Chocolate Ingredient in your inventory.
- Each success or failure will consume 1 Chocolate Ingredient.
- If the action is successful, a Monster Cookie in the color of the wand used will drop by your feet.
- Success rate is determined by the Monster's Combat Power.
- Summons Adniel to attack with his Meteor over a large number of foes.
- You can move the target circle within a 4800 radius from your current position.
- This is not found in the action list but rather the result of using Adniel's Horn Bugle.
- Can only be used once per Erinn day, resetting at 6:00 AM.
- The Horn Bugle can only be used in Shadow Missions. However, it cannot be used within Rath Royal Castle because it plays inside a building.
- Unlike normal Meteors, Adniel's Meteor does not cause wounds.
- The meteors can hit outside the "range" that is displayed.
- Available after completing Generation 8.
- During the Generation 9 Quest Adniel's Call, Adniel will give you the Horn Bugle that will allow you to use the action. It cannot be used until you fight Claimh Solas unless Generation 8 was completed before the battle.
- Warning: Can damage other players and yourself! Use with caution!
- Any monsters killed off by Adniel will not give any experience points. However, they will produce any possible items which can be picked up by anyone.
- Likewise, if a monster was heavily damaged by Adniel but not finished by it and the player delivers the finishing blow, the monster will not drop any items nor give experience.
- If the Horn was destroyed by the user, a new one can be received by talking to Legatus.
- Throws a fish for the seal pet to catch and eat.
- The player must have a fish to feed the seal in order to use this action.
- Right clicking the fish with a seal summoned by the player or someone in the player's party will reveal the "Feed Seal" option.
- Click a valid space near the seal to throw a fish for the seal to catch.
- Attempting to click the seal itself will not work, you must click near the seal.
- The seal will occasionally fail to catch the fish. This usually happens when the fish is thrown too far away from the seal.
- Activated only when Ice Mines are used.
- You can only plant the mine within 100 radius of your current position; you must move in order to plant anywhere else.
- Items can be sold at a kiosk similar to a house or a personal shop.
- This is installed the same way as a Tower Cylinder.
Name Color Change
- Activated only when Name Color Change Potions are used.
- Changes the color of your character name.
- There is no skill bubble when doing this.
- Effect is temporary and only lasts one week.
- If you rebirth, however, the effect disappears even before the one week is up.
Release Mini Hot-Air Balloon
||A mini hot-air balloon launched in celebration of Children's Day.
- Action is received from using a Mini Hot Air Balloon Kit.
- Takes 2 seconds to load.
- Costs no Stamina.
- The player will release a Mini Hot Air Balloon into the sky, stare at it and/or wave at it as it flies. The balloon will fly off into the distance and eventually disappear from sight.
- The balloon has different colors on it and bears the DevCAT insignia with an antennae on its head.
- As the player releases the balloon, they will be unable to take any action.
- Cannot be used inside buildings, in a Dungeon, in a Shadow Mission, or in a Theatre Mission.
- Used only by the Bandits.
- During Commerce, if a Bandit is successful in reaching five stars, they will attempt to use this Action and flee.
- When used, the Bandit will slowly walk away before increasing their pace. After a while, the Bandit will disappear.
- If the Bandit successfully uses this action, a portion of your cargo is permanently lost. You must kill them before they disappear in order to keep your commodities.
- Attacking them often does not interrupt the action; they will still attempt to run and disappear even while the action is not loaded. Attacking them enough times or changing their aggro state may stop the action. Charge and Lance Charge can reliably interrupt this skill.
The point of view of a Possessed Gold Bone Lancer under the control of Spirit Shift.