|1 Century||100 Weeks|
|52 Years||1 Year|
|1 Decade||10 Weeks|
|1 Year||1 Week|
|8 Weeks||1 Day|
|1 Day||36 Minutes|
|1 Hour||90 Seconds|
|10 Minutes||15 Seconds|
|40 Seconds||1 Second|
The world of Erinn runs on two clocks: the in-game clock and the real clock. The real clock uses real life time and the real life days of the weeks. The in-game clock runs on an alternate plane in which time runs forty times faster than what we're used to.
Times of In-Game Days
|Real Time||Erinn Time|
This timetable is accurate for both AM and PM times, PST.
- In-game daylight spans from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM, and in-game night spans from 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM, each of which lasts 18 real minutes.
- At 6:06 PM, Moon Gates open and last until 6:04 AM. Likewise, Mana Tunnels open up at 6:06 AM and close at 6:04 PM.
- At 6:00 AM, Transformations which may be used once per in-game day will reset their timer. Using a transformation skill shortly before this time will result in it being used for the previous day, and allow you to use a transformation skill again right after it finishes.
- At 12:00 AM, the colors of equipment sold in stores and the limited items sold by merchant imps will change.
- If you are already inside the store at 12:00 AM, you must leave the store and reenter.
Each Real Day
Each real day of the week directly affects certain attributes in-game and corresponds to the in-game month. Each month is named after different Celtic festivals, Celtic myths being what the game is based on. Note that these monthly effects do occasionally change as new patches are released. See the list below for each of the effects. Months change at 12:00am PDT (3:00am EDT)
List of Effects
|Real Day||Erinn Month||General Effect||Specific Effects|
|Improved Music and Luck|| Increase in critical hit rate.|
Increase in lucky finish.
Increase in success rate for instrument playing.
Increase in success rate for magic music
Increase in taming rate using magic music.
|Monday|| Alban Eiler
Spring (Vernal) Equinox
|Improved Life Skills|| Increase in success rate for production skills.|
Increase in rank up bonus for life skills (110%).
Increase in quality of output for productions.
Summer Begins / May Day
|Dungeon play and Combat|| Dungeon maps change even if the same item is dropped.|
Increase in dungeon item drop rate.
Increase in rank-up bonus for Combat skills.
|Wednesday|| Alban Heruin
Summer Solstice / Midsummer's Day
|Drop rate and NPC price of items|| Increase in item drop rate from animals and nature.|
Increase in rank-up bonus for complete mastery of a skill.
Decrease in prices (5%) for items in NPC shops., including Remote Shop Coupons and money deposit for Exploration Quests.
Decrease in Bank transaction fees. (10% --> 7.5%)
|Improved Magic and Proficiency|| Enchant success rates are increased.|
Increase in rank-up bonus for Magic skills.
Increase of proficiency gaining rate.
|Friday|| Alban Elved
Autumnal Equinox / Autumn Begins
|Improved Potion efficiency and Part-time Jobs|| Decrease in penalties if knocked unconscious.|
All potions become more potent. (Potion effect x 1.5 including toxicity).
Increase in rewards for completing part-time jobs. (20% increase in EXP and Gold rewards)
First Day of Winter / Halloween
|Growth and Food|| As you age and grow, you will obtain AP (takes effect after 12:00pm PDT).|
Food effects are increased. (2x weight, hunger; effects are long term)
You will be able to sketch monsters that move slightly.
The L-Rod's effect will increase over time (this means that the L-Rod's accuracy has increased).
Increase in success rates for Alchemy skills.
- The Gold Pouch, Big Gold Pouch and Ducat Items do not reduce in price in NPC shops.
- This is not listed in-game, but it is a valid effect.
- The Emain Macha Cooking Contest is held every Saturday at EST: 4:00pm
AEST: 7:00am1:00pm PST100andEST: 11:00pm
AEST: 2:00pm8:00pm PST100on Channel 3 for one hour. All the things set up for the Cooking Contest will stay there for two real hours. During that time, NPCs moved to the Cooking Contest, will stay there and cannot be used for other things. (On other channels, the NPCs are stationed where they are usually).
- Jousting preliminaries are held Monday through Saturday at EST: 10:00pm
AEST: 1:00pm7:00pm PST100and sign ups will be ten minutes before it starts. Likewise, finals are held at the same time on Sunday on specified channels.
- Fashion Contest preliminaries are held Monday through Saturday at EST: 11:00pm
AEST: 2:00pm8:00pm PST100and sign ups will be ten minutes before it starts. Likewise, finals are held at the same time on Sunday on specified channels.
- The Royal Castle Banquet is held on Saturday at EST: 10:00pm
AEST: 1:00pm7:00pm PST100.
- On Wednesdays, Golden Mushrooms appear in Ulaid Forest and Karu Forest at in-game night.
- Partners can only be paid on Saturdays.
- Homestead maintenance fee is collected every Saturday at EST: 3:00am
AEST: 6:00pm12:00am PST100.
- The Saga: Iria provides bonus rewards to certain episodes depending on the day of the week.
- Monday: Episodes 1 & 2
- Tuesday: Episodes 3 & 4
- Wednesday: Episodes 5 & 6
- Thursday: Episodes 7 & 8
- Friday: Episodes 9 & 10
- Saturday and Sunday: All 10 Episodes
- The Seal Merchant sells his wares based on the day of the week.
Every five real minutes after logging in or change channels within the game, a tick occurs. At a tick, several effects occur that are listed below.
- All equipped items that can lose durability will lose a small fraction of a Durability.
- Shields and clothing will gain Proficiency.
- This does not include weapons or items that cannot gain proficiency.
- There is a chance that an equipped Spirit Weapon will drop one hunger level. "xxx wants to chat."
- Food Effects such as Appearance or long term stat changes will take effect.
- You gain Guild Points if you are a member of a Guild.
- All NPCs were born on Alban Eiler (Monday) when played as in Role-Playing Quests.
- Lugh shares his name with the season Lughnasadh (Thursday). In the Irish Mythology, Lugh created that season to commemorate his foster-mother.
- Mathematically, the world of Erinn must have 280 "days" in one year. One Earth year is equivalent to 52 Erinn years, plus one season on normal years, two seasons on leap years. Four Earth days short of two normal years is equivalent to one Erinn century.