His bronze complexion shines with the glow of vitality. His distinctive facial outline ends with a strong jaw line covered with dark beard. The first impression clearly shows he is a seasoned blacksmith with years of experience. The wide-shouldered man keeps humming with a deep voice while his muscular torso swings gently to the rhythm of the tune.
Ferghus is the blacksmith of Tir Chonaill. Though middle-aged, his well-defined musculature attests to his background and experience. He is most known for his less-than-artful management of travelers' equipment, many of which have met their fate under his hammer. Strangely, he can upgrade equipment with no problems at all while repairing them is not his strong suit.
During the April Fool's Event, when the player logs on, they are warped to the Soul Stream and, instead of Nao, meets Ferghus, who hands out a Ferghus's Free Repair Coupon when spoken to.
Occasionally, he is seen heavily intoxicated with his faithful friend, Ranald.
According to Edern, Ferghus was once a student of his, always clumsy and breaking things more often than fixing.
According to Padan, Ferghus is no longer allowed to do repair work for Padan's troops, or the royal guards of Tara, most likely due to his tendency to break equipment.
Ferghus' Quote: "What brought you here? Come on! speak your mind..." 
Ferghus can do blacksmith repairs which means he can repair all weapons (except wands and staves), heavy armor, helmets, greaves, and gauntlets. His repair success rate is low (90% success rate for unblessed items which is the second lowest of any NPC performing blacksmith repairs). He often warns players, unfortunately after finishing any repairs, about the importance of blessing their items with a Holy Water of Lymilark in order to improve his chances of successfully repairing them. The rate gives him his infamous reputation with others.
Many NPCs, such as Edern and Jenna, claim Ferghus is a terrible equipment handler, as he breaks them very often. Also, a loading screen tip labels him "Weapon Breaker," a hint where Ferghus constantly breaks items. A demonstrated example is in Episode 4 of Lorna & Pan. After Lorna obtained 'the Golem Slayer' title, she went to the infamous blacksmith to repair her Longsword, which she had bought from him in Episode 3. However, Ferghus accidentally broke all of its durability, leaving Lorna in shock. Pan then stated that Ferghus was never a great blacksmith, a valid reason to not repair items with him.
If 'the Master of Smash' title is equipped, he will comment on it before finishing any repairs. If 'the Lucky' title is equipped, then he will comment about it after finishing any repairs, complimenting it if he succeeds or blames it for any failures, instead of saying the usual bit about blessing an item. The title only increases Luck, which has no effect on repairing success rate.
A player in possession of a Ferghus's Free Repair Coupon from the April Fool's Event will get a free repair, after which the coupon disappears whether the repair succeeded or failed.
- By giving desired items, a player can increase their intimacy with Ferghus, however, giving an undesired item may decrease it.
- If a desired item is sold by more than one NPC then the name of the closest to Ferghus is in bold.
- When doing the part-time jobs on Alban Elved (Friday) there is a 20% increase to the experience points and gold rewarded for completing them.
- Within the Confessional in the Pontiff's Court, Ferghus confesses to Lymilark about his actions, and says "I break my customer's weapons because my hand slips. I'm only human. It happens." Interestingly enough, he also says he sometimes feels "pleasure" when he breaks a weapon.
- In the Rath Royal Castle's second floor, there is a painting of Ferghus.
- During The Disappearance of Buchanan, the Book Dealer, in the Dunbarton Library, Ferghus has written a book entitled 'Collecting Payment Even When Your Hand Has Slipped.'
Ferghus's new character model pose.
A strange painting of Ferghus, along with Edern and an unknown man, at an anvil
- ↑ http://www.mabinogi.com