- The Small Hot-Air Balloon Kit costs 650 Gold and can only carry two riders.
- The Large Hot-Air Balloon Kit costs 3,420 Gold and can carry up to 8 riders. It also has ballistae that players may use to shoot Ballista Bolts, which are also bought at Kelpie.
It is possible to engage in Elf/Giant-Paladin/Dark Knight PvP while flying in a hot-air balloon.
See the PvP page for details.
- Besides being a method of transportation, the balloon ride offers a sort of mini-game in Zardine, much like Rafting in Courcle.
- Wyverns fly in the western side of Zardine. They will attack your balloon if you get close to them. You may use the balloon as your base to attack them in return. Note that the balloon has health of its own.
- Wyverns may only be hit by Ranged Attacks, Magic, or Alchemy.
- Every Wyvern killed will add stars to your score. Return to Kelpie for your rewards.
- There are three different type of Wyverns: Ice, Lightning, and Fire; each one uses only breath attacks of its element.
- The more players you have in the balloon, the fewer stars each kill brings in, because they are divided equally among each player. However, it may be easier to hunt with more players.
- If your balloon runs out of fuel, your hunting trip is over. If you enter another balloon, you sacrifice the stars you have earned up to that point.
- As the balloon is landing/crashing, players aboard the balloon are immune to the Wyvern's attacks.
- The Wyverns tend to do drive-by breath attacks. The best time to shoot a Magnum Shot would be right as they come in to attack.
- It may be prudent to have a player or two using the corresponding Magic Shield skills when the Wyverns swoop in.
- You may also use the ballistae to shoot at the Wyverns. Better bolts can be obtained as a reward for hunting Wyverns.
- Generally, having decent ranged combat skills or Chain casted Firebolt is better than using the ballista.
- Fully Chain Casted Firebolt is a very excellent way to take out Ice Wyverns and can do so in 1 to 2 hits with a decently ranked Firebolt.
- Water Cannon also works on Fire and Lightning Wyverns. This will need Rank 9 or higher of Chain Cylinder.
- Note: In order to shoot your Firebolt, your hot-air balloon needs to be higher than the Wyverns, or directly above/under them.
- Fireball, Thunder, Ice Spear and Demigod skills do not work on the Balloons, however; Demigod form may be activated to boost recovery rates.
- A Large Balloon is easier to work with than a small one due to the ability to move around.
- If things get rough, you may also use the Playing Dead action. However, their breath attacks have splash damage, so you may get knocked out of Playing Dead if a party mate is hit by it.
- Remember that the balloon will continue on the path you've set it on when you stop steering. For a (relatively) safe escape when the balloon's HP is low, set it to fly away from the Wyverns then use Playing Dead.
- Another strategy could be wearing 9 pieces of equipment (2 Accessories, a Hat, Clothes, 2 Weapons (or weapon and shield) gloves, shoes, and a robe) enchanted with the element of the Wyvern you'll be fighting and then using magic to kill. Ex: Chaincasted firebolt on Ice Wyverns while wearing full ice gear thereby rendering the Wyverns' damage to 1 while you can Firebolt relatively safely. Be warned, Ice Wyverns can still freeze you.
- Normally there's more than one, if not all three, types of wyverns in one area, so you might end up having extra damage dealt to you.
- Because of the situation stated above, the full elemental tactic works best on areas that have a single species of Wyvern, such as the skies near Calida Camp.
Advice for Giants
- Rank 1 Throwing Attack can be very lethal against Wyverns, allowing Giants to keep up with Humans and Elves. It is recommended to have a Bone Atlatl because it has the farthest range of any Atlatl.
- Giants with high Rank Bolt Magic and Chain Casting Wands can do fairly well against Wyverns, particularly when Chain Casting Firebolt against Ice Wyverns. However, this will use large amounts of Mana that Giants generally don't have very much of.
- Giants can resort to shooting Ballistas since they lack Ranged Skills. During this time they should turn on auto-combat. It will aim and shoot automatically and allows for less effort with more output.
- For larger parties, lower-level Giants are ideal here as healers using Healing, Phoenix Feathers, and especially Party Healing.
- Remember Beast - it increases damage even with ballista and restores HP and Mana for offensive magic and healing.
- Giant Full Swing cannot hit the wyverns. If aimed properly skill will just cancel and enter cooldown mode without any damage done.
|Five normal Stars are one Big Star.|
- Your score will determine your rewards.
- You'll always be offered the item in bold. You have a small chance to get the other items listed.
- Partial stars are rounded down. ie. Half of a star = 0 star
|#||Name||Hint Requirement||Hint Description||Title Description||Requirement(s)||Effects|
|24||the Daring Hot-air Balloon Pilot||(unknown)||(unknown)||(unknown)|| Add fuel when the balloon is about to crash.
Note: Fuel must be added within the last second before the balloon completely runs out to earn the title, about 4 seconds after the fuel bar turns completely black.
| MaxSP -30|
Int +5, Luck +5
|90||the Wyvern Hunter||(unknown)||(unknown)||(unknown)||Turn in 1000 Wyvern Claws to Kelpie|| MaxHP +10|