Since the Patreon is working out well so far, we are able to survive without ads! If we can reach our goal of $120/mo we will begin doing NX raffles for our $2+ Patreons. So if you like the wiki or just like NX, please consider pledging a little.
- Shield redirects here. For other things that could be referred to as a shield, see Shield (disambiguation).
- Shields are a type of personal armor used for blocking.
- Shields are equippable in the left hand.
- Shield Mastery increases the player's Defense, Magic Defense, Protection, Magic Protection, and overall Auto Defense while equipped with a shield.
- Some shields have more and better upgrades than others. See Shield Upgrade Comparisons for the basic differences.
- Some shields have a hidden bonus that further increases Defense and Protection as well as reduce the chances of taking critical hits without affecting the character status window.
- Receiving a Magic/Alchemy or Ranged attack with the Defense Skill active causes the user to flash blue or yellow, respectively. This should not be confused with Mana Deflector or Natural Shield.
- Shields possess different stun animations and Auto Defense trigger sound than without a Shield.
- Shields are required to use Charge, unless the user is a giant or has the "Able to charge without shields" reforge.
- All Life Skills other than Rest, Refining, First Aid, and Campfire cannot be used with a shield equipped.
- Shields cannot be equipped with Two-Handed Weapons, Instruments, nor Control Bars.
For a comparison list, see Shields List.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Shields"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 54 total.