Thanks to everyone's support so far, we've just upgraded the servers! However, your continued support is necessary to keep it running. So if you like the wiki, please consider pledging a little.
My plan was to order most of the pets taxonomically into two groups (felines/canines), since there's a ton of cats and dogs; then sort the rest by function: ridable, production, etc. I hope that this is not too confusing. --Reverie 01:36, 9 February 2008 (PST)
Should we center the pet template? Serenade 22:46, 12 February 2008 (PST)
If you want, go for it. It probably does not need to be done at this point. I plan to add a pet skills template for each one, as well as status boost stuff. Any other input on how it looks now would be great. --Reverie 00:28, 13 February 2008 (PST)
When The prices are out, (suggesting) how about putting the price there too? this will make their life easier without opening 2 page and checking price. Davionboy
- We're going to. Hence the cost boxes are filled out with TBD. Serenade 02:36, 24 February 2008 (PST)
It would be nice if someone could add a brief description of what pets are, and how you get them at the top of this page. Sabranth 15:05, 15 April 2008 (PDT)
Pet Rebirth Information?
On the general description and benefits for pets may I suggest that information regarding rebirth be included? Costs, benefits and negative factors associated with pet rebirth.
- If you have or can find any information on it, I say make new page just for Pet Rebirth. I have no knowledge of it so I can't make it. --- Angevon 15:53, 24 June 2008 (PDT)
its possible to get your pet to attack something by holding down the shift key then clicking on the target, but i'm not sure i should put that information here or on the Pet Commands page. anyone know?--Jacobpaige 20:48, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
" Fetch' List.
Ima start making a list of things that birds can fetch, for my own refererence,but if someone can help me id be able to put it on here i hope. Anyone interested?
- it might be better to put it with Gachapon. Also, i'm not sure if different birds retrieve different things, so you may want to specify which type of bird you were using. --Jacobpaige 10:15, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
Were there any pets added in G10, because I searched the internet and couldn't find any, maybe someone who plays Korea could answer, thx - User: MasterRyan
- They added some kitties. I'll make pages for them in a bit. ---Angevon
cool, can you put a link? - User: MasterRyan
Maximum Number of Pets
The maximum number of pets could possibly be 10 since you can only hotkey 10 pets, just speculation though.
- I have currently 19 pets on my account and 2 unused pet cards.--Sai 19:41, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
I just watched a youtube video with a guy flying on first a broom, then a FLYING CARPET! is this a hack? if not, what Generation did they come out? are they awesome? - User: MasterRyan February 25, 2009, 2:16 PM EST
EDIT: I did some research, and KR's G10S2 came out on 2/22/09 I beleive, but my questions still remain, as well as a new 1, were these carpets the G10S2 pets? - MasterRyan
- They've been in the client for a while, but haven't been released yet. ---Angevon
- what do you mean (in the client)? anyone? - MasterRyan
- its been like 2 weeks, I have put hello, and anyone 3 times, does anyone know the answer!? - MasterRyan
- As in, the skills, growth rates, stats, and everything are set in the game's system files, but they haven't been sold on any server yet, afaik. ---Angevon 02:25, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
What do the numbers mean? -- Ladywinter 09:39, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- I've been meaning to ask that for a long time. It might be running speed/walking speed, but what units would that be in? as soon as i figure for certain what the numbers for peed mean, i want to start racing monsters with my pets to find their exact numerical speed and add it to the monster charts, replacing the fast/slow/very fast/blah stuff. Sozen Cratos Focker 13:44, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
- I believe the "speed" values used here are actually factors of a base speed and the 2 values given are for running/walking. The pets which have a "speed" value of 1 (for example a Cow's walking "speed" value) move at the base speed and all other "speeds" are a multiple of this. So a Black Cotton Ostrich (which has 15/2 for its "speed" values) runs 15x and walks 2x faster than a Cow walks. Find some way of measuring the time it takes a Cow to walk between 2 fixed points to get a base time value. Then measure the time it takes for a different type of pet to walk between the 2 same fixed points and divide it by the base time value to get that pets walking "speed" value. Do the same for the pet running and divide it by the base time value to get that pets running "speed" value. This can also be done for Humans, Elves and Giants to obtain "speed" values for them. On very imprecise data (don't have a stopwatch) this seems to work. --ZRoc 17:54, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
Do you think pictures of the alternate pet color palettes (apparently coming around G10) would be useful, or simply too much info/too many pictures? I can get them. ---Angevon 02:25, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
- I think it'd be useful. :) --Kevin (‧Talk‧) 02:37, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
- As it turns out, the griffin alone has at least 150 different palettes, and no end in sight as I screencapture them. I gave up at that point. I'm assuming the shire and thoroughbred have at least as many. Kinda crazy. ---Angevon 19:25, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
For the last few times I've encountered a strange anomaly when a pet is out. on my elf character, when I use both range and a pet in battle sometimes my elf would freeze after the ranged attack skill loads and not respond completely. when I noticed this I tried de-summoning the pet and it would take 30+ seconds to de-summon. and just now when my human used both a pet and tried to use final hit (armed with daggers) against skeletons the final hit attack rate slowed down so badly that skeletons could land 2 hits in before the next slash. is this a pet bug? a lag related bug? I don't know. can anyone help investigate this? Chaoskirina 12:25 PM, 5 may 2010