Dark Knight Quest
| This article contains spoilers.|
If you do not wish to read further, please return to the home page.
Complete or skip Generation 3 to receive the quest.
Gathering Dark Knight Armor Pieces
|Name||Gathering Dark Knight Armor Pieces||NPC|| Piaras|
Complete Tarlach's Request to receive the quest.
Acquire the 3rd Piece of the Armor
|Name||Acquire the 3rd Piece of the Armor||NPC|| Seumas|
This is a sub quest of the Gathering Dark Knight Armor Pieces Quest.
Eliminating The Dark Knight Armor
|Name||Eliminating The Dark Knight Armor||NPC|| Duncan|
Complete Gathering Dark Knight Armor Pieces to receive the quest.
Becoming a Dark Knight
At this point no further quests are given. You may follow the below instructions if you wish to become a Dark Knight:
- Drop the Dark Knight Amulet on the Barri Dungeon Altar.
- This is a solo role-playing dungeon where you play as Ruairi.
- The dungeon has three floors however only the first floor is fully visible.
- Ruairi has basic close combat skills and all the Dark Knight skills. As Ruairi you will not lose health during transformation and you may transform an infinite amount of times without waiting another Erinn day.
- The boss room contains five Ogre Warriors which can be tamed using Control of Darkness at a low success rate.
- If you lose the amulet talk to Gilmore using the Dark Knight Amulet Keyword to reobtain it.
- After completing the dungeon a cutscene will play and you will receive the Where Black Wizard Is Keyword.
- Talk to Dougal in the Other World with the Where Black Wizard Is Keyword to receive an Albey Dungeon Pass.
- This is not the same pass given by Kristell previously.
- Drop the pass on the Albey dungeon altar.
- This is a dungeon with one floor and only two rooms. The first room is a switch room that spawns four Gray Town Rats. The second room is the boss room which only contains the Black Wizard as an NPC.
- The Black Wizard will offer you two choices: "Become a Dark Knight" or "Undecided".
- It is impossible to revert back to a Paladin upon becoming a Dark Knight. Additionally, the Black Wizard will not ask to confirm on selecting "Become a Dark Knight".
- Choosing "Become a Dark Knight" initiates a cutscene and then transports you to Tir Chonaill, with the Armor of Darkness removed from your inventory. Afterwards, all Paladin skills are converted to their Dark Knight equivalent skills of the same rank (e.g. Spirit of Order becomes Soul of Chaos) and you will learn Control of Darkness (due to having no Paladin equivalent).
- Choosing "Undecided" will simply remove the Armor of Darkness from your inventory, but keep you inside the dungeon. To leave the dungeon, exit through the entrance. You may return at any point if you wish to become a Dark Knight.