Since the Patreon is working out well so far, we are able to survive without ads! If we can reach our goal of $120/mo we will begin doing NX raffles for our $2+ Patreons. So if you like the wiki or just like NX, please consider pledging a little.
—Luan, How to Enjoy Field Hunting
- The Expedition Bonus increases the amount of Experience gained while hunting monsters away from Towns and Iria's Landmarks.
- Expedition Bonus modifies the experience by 200%, 300%, and 400%.
- The further you are away from town or landmark, the more Expedition Bonus you will receive.
- Expedition Bonus only applies to fielded areas; it does not apply towards Dungeons, Shadow Missions, or Theatre Missions.
- Expedition Bonus is determined by distance from the last Town/Landmark you visited before your last Logout/Channel Change.
- For example, changing channels in Qilla Base Camp and traveling to Long Horn Gnus near the Flower Landmark will give an Expedition Bonus of 400% due to the massive distance from Qilla Base Camp to the Flower Landmark, but if you Logout/Change Channels there after visiting the Flower Mark, the Expedition Bonus will be based on distance from the Mark instead.
- If you are playing as a Pet, the reference point is the last Town/Landmark you visited before last Log-out/Channel Change when you were playing as a pet.
- Relevant Data: Training pets is best done playing as the pet, since this causes the pet to gain experience much faster than when playing as a Human/Elf/Giant with the pet summoned. You can't play as a pet in Shadow Missions or Theatre Missions. Hence serious pet training is mostly done in the field, and you always want the 400% bonus.
- Example: You have a Human stationed a short distance away from the Flower Mark and an Elf in Dunbarton. You are currently playing as a pet, fighting Gnus and Aardvarks around the Flower Mark. However, you find the bonus dropping below 400% nearer the Flower Mark, due to the fact that your pet touched the Flower Mark when you were playing as a pet on your previous log-in. That is, the pet's current reference point for expedition bonus is the Flower Mark.
- Your goal: Reset the pet's reference point for expedition bonus calculations to Dunbarton.
- Incorrect: Log-in as Elf in Dunbarton. Summon pet. Log-out. Log-in as Human near Flower Mark. Summon pet. Log-out. Log-in as pet. This fails. Your pet's reference point is still the Flower Mark, since this is what it was last time you played as a pet.
- Correct: Log-in as Elf in Dunbarton. Summon pet. Log-out. Log-in as pet in Dunbarton. Change channel. Log-out. Log-in as Human near Flower Mark. Summon pet. Log-out. Log-in as pet. This works. Your pet's reference point is now Dunbarton and it's ready for a Gnu battle with 400% Expedition Bonus.