- For explanation and advice for Generations, see Mainstream Quests.
- For other quests released at the same time as this, see Sidequests.
- For how to obtain Soul of Chaos, see Dark Knight Quest.
- For those who are still on the original Generation 3, see Generation 3: Dark Knight (Pre-Genesis).
< Generation 2: Paladin
|| This article contains spoilers.|
If you do not wish to read further, please return to the home page.
- To start Generation 3, you must have completed Generation 2.
- The decision to change from a Paladin into a Dark Knight after completing Generation 3 is entirely optional.
Generation 3: Dark Knight is the final story of Chapter 1. Another part of Another World, Bangor, and an artifact known as Lia Fail is introduced, and the Dark Knights begin their onslaught over the continent of Uladh.
Changes in Generation 3 Due to Updates
NPCs involved in Dark Knight
NPCs involved in Dark Knight
Macha According to the People of Emain Macha
|| Macha According to the People of Emain Macha
Be sure to have plenty of inventory space in the "Me" tab of your inventory.
- You will receive the book Macha According to Emain Macha upon receiving this quest.
- Talk to Wyllow located inside Emain Macha's Cathedral.
- Talk to Delen located at Emain Macha's Town Square.
- Talk to Del located at Emain Macha's Town Square.
- Talk to Nele located at Emain Macha's Square. You will receive eighteen Notes with [NPC]'s Answer.
- Put all 18 Notes inside the book. Afterwards, open the book and claim your reward.
- Talk to Tarlach. He will take the book from you.
- The quest will auto-complete and you will receive 21000 EXP.
|| Wyllow's Request
You will be entering all the dungeons found around Emain Macha and Sen Mag Plateau. The only dungeon you have to actually run all the way through is Rundal Dungeon. Being able to fight Ogres will help prove useful when fighting the Cyclops at the end of Rundal Dungeon. If you feel that you cannot solo the dungeon, you are welcome to bring up to 7 other people into the dungeon. You must run your own Restoration Pass in order to fulfill your quest requirement. The use of Wings of a Goddess may help you quickly return to Emain Macha (provided you did not enter another town), landing near the square, which is close to Aodhan.
- Talk to Wyllow.
- Talk to Aodhan located in front of Emain Macha's Castle. You will receive a Coill Dungeon Pass (For Statue Restoration) and the Items for Emain Macha Dungeon Pass for Restoration Keyword.
- Drop the pass on Coill Dungeon's Altar. Proceed to the next room and a cutscene will occur, clearing the dungeon.
- Talk to Aodhan. You will receive a Rundal Dungeon Pass (For Statue Restoration).
- Drop the pass on Rundal Dungeon's Altar.
- It is a one-floor version of Rundal Normal.
- Every floor you and/or your teammates descend, a cutscene will play for each person while affecting the whole party. This applies through every latter Dungeon until the last Priest Request.
- Defeating the boss will cause a cutscene to occur. This applies through every latter Dungeon until the last Priest Request.
- Talk to Aodhan. You will receive a Peaca Dungeon Pass (For Statue Restoration).
- Drop the pass on Peaca Dungeon's Altar. Proceed to the next room and a cutscene will occur, clearing the dungeon.
- Talk to Aodhan.
- The quest will auto-complete and you will receive 125000 EXP, 5000 Gold, and 3 Holy Water of Lymilark.
The Meaning of Dorca Feadhain
|| The Meaning of Dorca Feadhain
The NPC you have to talk to depends on your gender. Keep this in mind from here on out. If you change genders during the quest chain, your NPC will change accordingly.
As usual, when you need to "Talk to Tarlach" in any of the quests that follow, remember that he only appears at night (6:00PM to 6:00AM or 18:00 to 6:00)
- Talk to respective NPC. (See below)
- Female characters talk to Aodhan and Male characters talk to Eavan.
- Talk to Tarlach.
- Talk to Meven.
- Manually complete the quest and you will receive 25000 EXP and 1000 Gold.
Deliver the Holy Potion of Lymilark
|| Deliver the Holy Potion of Lymilark
- Talk to Tarlach. He will take the Holy Potion of Lymilark from you.
- The quest will auto-complete and you will receive 25000 EXP and 2000 Gold.
Acquire the Unknown Fomor Scroll
Making the Anti-Fomor Robe
|| Making the Anti-Fomor Robe
Due to the difficulty of the mobs found inside Baol Infiltration, it may take several attempts. All the rooms are orb-based rooms. Fighting is highly discouraged.
It is advised that you take off any equipment that you cherish, as there is a chance that you will fail by dying in the dungeon. Although you will be transported out of the dungeon if you become unconscious at any point, there is a chance you will lose blessings. Anything dropped inside the dungeon while being knocked unconscious will be stored in your Temporary Inventory, instead of being stored in the Town Office. To ensure your success, follow the tips below.
This will be significantly harder for Giants, due to lacking Rock Throwing and Play Dead skills. To ensure that you safely go through this as a Giant, take it one switch at a time. Be sure to stay close to the walls as possible and take off the robe if a Guard Skeleton Hellhound spawns.
- Talk to Aodhan (if Female) or Eavan (if Male). They will take the Anti-Fomor Cloth.
- Talk to Tarlach. You will receive Tarlach's Record.
- Talk to Aodhan/Eavan. They will exchange Tarlach's Record for the Anti-Fomor Robe.
- Talk to Tarlach. You will receive an Infiltration Pass and the Tir Na Nog Dungeon Pass Keyword.
- Return to Another World of Bangor and drop the pass on Baol Dungeon's Altar.
- Can only be done solo.
- A cutscene occurs upon entering.
- The goal for this dungeon is to reach the boss room. The dungeon consists of one floor and 11 rooms, all orb-based.
- All monsters will aggro at you instantly if you are within range, so be cautious when you equip/unequip the robe. You will also be aggroed by monsters if you talk in public chat, attack any monster, or if a Guard Skeleton Hellhound appears and notices you.
- Do not equip the robe in your Style inventory slot otherwise its effects will not take place.
- Only one set of Guard Skeleton Hellhounds will appear per orb room. The other spawns are randomized.
- Remember: Normal Guards will instantly detect you without the robe, while Guard Skeleton Hellhounds will instantly detect you with the robe.
- However, the Hellhounds can still detect if you do not have the robe after a short period of time has passed.
- If a Guard Skeleton Hellhound spawns, run out of the room, unequip the robe, kill them (if possible), wait for the bodies to despawn, re-equip the robe, then hit the rest of the orbs.
- All Guards are multi-aggro, and are extremely powerful. Getting caught will most certainly lead to defeat.
- Monsters in this dungeon drop no items and give 0 experience when killed.
- The use of Area of Effect Pets, such as Crystal Deers, will be very helpful to stun the guards.
- Play Dead is useful for dropping the enemy's aggro, however Giants do not have access to Play Dead.
- An Elf or a Crystal Deer's Hide can be used to slip through aggro.
- Dying in this dungeon will automatically expel you out of the dungeon to the lobby. You will lose no experience and your equipment may lose blessings or sanctification but will not be dropped; instead any equipment that falls off will be put into your inventory or temporary inventory. You will also receive another dungeon pass.
- It is advised to unequip before performing this dungeon.
- If you leave through the entrance or disconnected in the dungeon, you will not get a pass to the dungeon. You can get another pass from Morc.
- All Magic Skills other than Healing, Mana Shield, Meditation, Fire Shield, Ice Shield, Lightning Shield, and Natural Shield cannot be cast while inside the dungeon. However, magic charges brought in from outside will not disappear.
- Summon Golem, Pierrot Marionette, and Colossus Marionette can help distract the guards.
- A high ranked Lullaby can sedate the guards, giving you time to hit the orbs and run through.
- You cannot Transform before entering the dungeon, nor can you transform while inside.
- After reaching the boss room, a cutscene will play. You will be warped to Dunbarton's Church, next to Kristell. You will also receive the Cromm Cruaich Keyword. The Anti-Fomor Robe will also disappear.
- Manually complete the quest to receive 100000 EXP.
- Note: Guard Skeleton Hellhound are Lightning type, so use elementals to protect yourself.
- Note: These mobs can mostly be avoided if you stay on the side of the rooms and do not run in front of them. The only one that will aggro in this case is the Guard Skeleton Hellhound. If you fail to stay to the sides of any mob-filled dungeon room, a multi aggro will occur.
- Note: It is possible to predict to some degree which orb will open the door. For an explanation of how to do it, click here.
Room-Clearing Tips #1 (Melee type)
Room-Clearing Tips #3 (Cautious Approach)
A Thank You to Aodhan/Eavan
|| Decisive Battle
You will be running a very difficult dungeon that many players have issues with. Even the most experienced players have difficulty with this dungeon, which makes clearing this dungeon an extremely hard task. It is highly advised to bring strong players with versatile skills and/or abilities, as well as entering the dungeon with a full party. Furthermore, you cannot get up with the help of Nao, nor can you use Goddess Statues found inside the dungeon. In order to get up, it is recommended to have a friend or another player spot you with Advanced Phoenix Feathers on hand. You are to also bring plenty of supplies, such as Potions, Bandages, and Phoenix Feathers. As a safety precation, you may want to stay out of the room if you feel that you cannot handle the mobs. If you have Party Phoenix Feathers on hand, use it to resurrect people quickly without having to be next to the unconscious player(s). For best results, it is recommended you stay outside of the room, while reviving the players that are dead inside. This ensures that you have a safety net for succeeding in the dungeon even though your other party members have been knocked unconscious while inside the room. Remember to take healing breaks in between rooms, especially after rooms with multi-aggroing mobs.
- A cutscene will shortly occur after completing the previous quest.
- Talk to Tarlach. You will receive a Barri Dungeon Pass to Another World and a Baol Dungeon Pass.
- If you lose the Baol Dungeon Pass in any way, you can ask Morc or Tarlach for another one.
- At this point, if you intend to bring people to assist you, now is the time to do so.
- Remember that the Barri Dungeon Pass to Another World must be done solo. There are three different ways to transport the party:
- Purchase two more passes from Gilmore via The Pass to the Other World Keyword for 1500G each and trade the passes to the other players, then meet them on the other side.
- Currently, if a helping player has not completed Generation 2, it may prevent them from entering the dungeon.
- Have someone with an Avon Feather head to Another World, then hitch a ride with a second person wielding an Avon Feather to meet up in Avon, then hitch a ride with the one located at Another World and have him/her use their Avon Feather to transport the party.
- Have someone with a partner's Carriage head to Another World, then meet them at their Homestead and hitch a ride.
- Return to Another World of Bangor and drop the pass on Baol Dungeon's Altar.
- This is the Final Dungeon. Please prepare accordingly before entering.
- Two others may join to assist you.
- Unlike Baol Infiltration, all Transformations are allowed.
- This dungeon is five floors with many rooms, consisting of many extremely strong monsters (within the exception of King Mimics).
- The first couple of rooms of the first floor usually have King Mimics and no additional spawns after defeating them.
- The second floor will spawn Lycanthropes.
- The third floor will spawn Nightmare Humanoids.
- The fourth and fifth floors will spawn Argus and Giant Headless, sometimes in the same room.
- The new Giant Worms found on almost every floor, possesses Heavy Stander level 2 and Mana Deflector level 3 but no Natural Shield. Bringing a high ranked ranger or gunslinger is strongly recommended to combat these worms.
- At the boss room, a cutscene occurs. Stay alive in the battle between Ruairi and Morgant until another cutscene occurs. They both spawn directly in the middle of the map, so stay in a corner where they cannot aggro (they usually aggro within 1/5th of the entire room). Ruairi is also immune to all damage.
- Take note of the size of the boss room. It is roughly twice the normal boss room size, and there is no reward chamber. The destroyed Lia Fail sits at the far end of the room.
- Following the battle with Ruairi and Morgant, you must fight Cromm Cruaich, a powerful Dragon.
- Cromm Cruaich is not an easy monster to defeat. In addition to level 2 of all Passive Defense, it possesses Advanced Heavy Stander, meaning it cannot be knocked back.
- As a Dragon, Cromm Cruaich possesses many unique attacks, including the ability to Fly, launch Fireballs, petrify objects with its breath, Tail Attack, and Dragon Dash Attack.
- As a Dragon, Cromm Cruaich has no normal attacks, player-like skills, or walk/running animations. Instead, it attacks with its own skills and moves around using Dragon Dash Attack.
- As a Dragon, Cromm Cruaich can easily deal a few thousand damage, capable of obliterating players in one to two hits.
- Set up a Campfire or Barrier Spikes to avoid being hit, as it is the only obstacle you can use in the whole room.
- If Cromm Cruaich is flying in the sky, retreat behind the obstacle ASAP, as this means he will cast Dragon Fireball; The explosive radius far exceeds that of a player's spell and covers approximately 1/4th the entire room. In many cases, it will usually one-hit KO you. You cannot outrun the Fireball, regardless of your mount speed.
- Ideally, you would want to set up the Barrier Spike(s) and/or Campfire in a corner.
- It is possible to use Throw Paper Airplane before the Fireball lands, as it has invincibility frames.
- Ranged, Alchemy, and Dual Gun Skills can hit Cromm Cruaich in Flight.
- Once Cromm Cruiach's defeated, Generation 3 is over. You will obtain the Obsidian enchant and title 'the Savior of Erinn' as a reward. Human characters will soon receive the Dark Knight Quest after the completion of this quest.
- (Optional) You will lose the Protection Charm and receive Aodhan's Ring/Eavan's Ring. Return it to Aodhan/Eavan and a cutscene will occur.
- Manually complete the quest to receive 40 AP and 221,000 EXP.
- If you have completed Generation 3 prior to the G17S4 renewal, you will receive a congratulatory quest for clearing Generation 3 and receive 40 Ability Points after completion of the quest.
< Generation 2: Paladin