Since the Patreon is working out well so far, we are able to survive without ads! If we can reach our goal of $120/mo we will begin doing NX raffles for our $2+ Patreons. So if you like the wiki or just like NX, please consider pledging a little.
- For magic music obtained though Composing, see Magical Music.
- For the magical version, see Magical Music Score Scroll.
| As of the MusicQ patch, this article is outdated. |
This article is outdated and may contain contents that are missing or inaccurate.
1 × 2
You can write a score on this scroll. This scroll is required to use the Composition skill. You can write in any score you want.
- A Score Scroll is used with a musical instrument to play a different tune than the default ones.
- You can only equip this item in your left hand when you have a musical instrument in your right hand.
- To use a score scroll, you must input a song into it by using the Composing skill.
- You can only write a song into a score scroll once.
- The amount of music that may be written on one scroll depends on the player's Composing skill.
- The rank of the Score Scroll is equal to the rank of the composer's Musical Knowledge skill.
- Both Composing and Musical Knowledge need to be Rank 9 in order to engrave a Magical Music effect on the scroll.
- Only Playing Instrument triggers the magical music effect.
- You cannot edit a composed score scroll.
- All Music Skills except Playing Instrument play the song perfectly.
- A score scroll can be used 100 times before it breaks.
- There are some exceptions to this rule:
- Score scrolls cannot be repaired.
- The writer has the option to 'close' the score scroll up writing, preventing other people from reading and attempting to copy the scroll.
- Nele and Yvona sells already composed score scrolls in their shops. These are good for beginner musicians who do not have composing, and some are for specific instruments.
Methods to Obtain
- Tiro sells Magical Music Score Scrolls that allow the player to tame animals, however, the scroll only has 20 uses.
- Performing Barry's part-time job provides a custom-made scroll that has 35 uses. This scroll is labeled Rank "Master", which allows any rank of Playing Instrument to play it with high successes easily.
- Special Music Scroll contains pre-enchanted effects that activate 100%, regardless if the play was a success, requiring the player to have specific ranks of skills to use the score.
- Most scores have 100 uses, except for Sharpened Blade which has 50 uses.
- Barry's Special Music Score Scroll contains pre-enchanted effects that activate 100%, regardless if the play was a success, which requires the player have specific ranks of skills to use the score, however, the scroll has only 50 uses.
- Completing the Vivace quest rewards Yvona's Music Score Scroll, which is a normal score scroll that has 500 uses.
- Completing the March Song quest rewards Yvona's Special Music Score Scroll, which is a normal score scroll that has 1,000 uses.