Shoot the Sun Event (2011)
- For the other instances of this event, see Shoot the Sun Event (disambiguation).
- September 28th, 2011 ~ October 12th, 2011
The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Witnesses have reported that the sun is falling in the plateau between Maiz Prairie and Muyu Desert!
When you make your way to the area, you will find Li Bai, the poet. You will discover that it is not the sun that is falling, but in fact, a giant fire sprite! You'll need to defeat the falling sprite. If the fire sprite is not defeated within a half an hour of its appearance, it will disappear.
Because the giant sprite is a flying monster, only ranged weapons and attacks will be able to reach the target. If you do not have ranged abilities, Li Bai will provide you with a bow and a bundle of arrows.
The reward for defeating the falling sun can be a number of items. Moon Cakes are reward items that provide 100 Strenthsic, 100 HP, and 100 Stamina! There are also Special Moon Cakes which provide TWICE the amount of stat gains: 200 Strength, 200 HP, and 200 Stamina! Another reward item is an accessory-class item called Moon Charm that provides 2 Defense and 1 Protection.
The Shoot the Sun Event will run through October 12.
- Log in during the event and receive the quest Shoot the Sun!
- When you first talk to Poet Li Bai, he will give you a Short Bow and 100 Arrows.
- Although the quest says only ranged attacks and skills can reach the target, melee can also be used.
- The Ninth Sun spawns once every real life hour.
|How to Get Quest||
Log in during the Shoot the Sun Event.
|Briefing||Do you know about the legend of the ten suns? If you're interested in hearing the tale, come find me at Kaypi Canyon. - Li Bai|
Anything in bold is rare drop from The Ninth Sun
- Weapons dropped by The Ninth Sun are considered a monster drop and will have increased max durability, min and max attack and critical while having reduced balance.
- Heater Shield
- Eweca Spell Book (Fine, or Great)
- Ladeca Spell Book (Fine, or Great)
- Palala Spell Book (Fine, or Great)
- Blue Upgrade Stone
- Red Upgrade Stone
- Homestead Cabbage Seed x 10
- Homestead Eggplant Seed x 10
- Homestead Pumpkin Seed x 10
- Homestead Strawberry Seed x 10
- Homestead Tomato Seed x 10
- Moon Cake
- Posh Rich Moon Charm
- Special Moon Cake
- Holy Water of Lymilark x 5
- Holy Water of Lymilark x 10
- HP 300 Potion x 10
- HP & MP 300 Potion x 10
- HP & Stamina 300 Potion x 10
- MP 300 Potion x 10
- Stamina 300 Potion x 10
- Wound Remedy 50 Potion x 10
- Wound Remedy 100 Potion x 3