For the Zardine Hot Springs, some of which help gain or lose weight, go here.
The appearance of a character depends on your regular diet. Generally, the more often you eat food, the more corpulent in appearance you will be. Although you are apparently gaining or losing mass, it does not affect anything such as your Movement/Weapon speed, Skills, or your ability to wear Clothes/Armor.
Pets are unaffected by appearance; they neither lose nor gain weight.
The upper strength, lower strength, and body size/weight in the game directly affect only your appearance. There are upper and lower limits to how big or small you can get.
These food effects take place on the next Tick.
- There are 3 areas in where you can lose or gain weight.
- Upper (muscles) determine how wide your upper arms are, how much your chest sticks out, and the aesthetic size of items in your weapon slot.
- Lower (muscles) determine how wide your thighs are.
- Weight (body) determines how wide your body in general is.
- It is possible to lose upper and/or lower muscles without losing weight, resulting in little to no change in appearance.
It is possible to gain the maximum upper and lower muscles without gaining weight. At maximum strengths, on a female, the breasts will protrude past the navel by about the same width as the lower arm. At maximum lower strength and minimum upper strength, the navel will protrude the same distance as the breasts, and the legs will be 66% larger.
Note that each clothing and armor in the game is a different character model. There are defects in some clothing items (see Arish Ashuvain Armor (F)) that show up if you max out your weight. In particular, Premium Newbie Wear (F) does not show the same kind of weight gain that a Becky Witch Dress or Nakuru Dragon Pattern Magician Robe (F).
- Rebirth sets your weight scales to 1.0 Weight, 1.0 Upper, 1.0 Lower.
- The lowest a weight scale can go is 0.7, and the highest is 1.8.
- Contrary to what is explained in Nexon's guides, weight has no bearing on the character's stats. It is the food eaten that affects the stats. Appearance is purely cosmetic.
- Note that most food will not effect stats if eaten while full.
- The Hot Springs of Zardine can increase or decrease your weight or your Upper muscles. They cannot increase nor decrease your Lower muscles.
- Hot springs affect your weight scales at a rate of approximately 0.03 per minute.
- The hot springs will not lower your weight scales below 1.0, no matter how long you sit in them.
- Transformations will not be affected by the character's weight, and will not reset weight despite replenishing hunger.
- Doubled food effects on Samhain also apply to weight lost or gained from eating food.
- Consuming food when your Hunger is full may result in weight gain, even if the food eaten does not normally increase weight.
- Berries are obtainable from most plant props in the field. (-2 Weight, 6 fullness)
- Ripe Pumpkins can be purchased from NPC shops for 100 gold each. (-2 Weight, 5 fullness)
- Corn Tea is especially effective for reducing Weight. (-15 weight, 8 fullness)
- Vegetable Canape is especially effective for reducing Upper. (-13 Upper, 18 fullness)
- Tomato Basil Salad is especially effective for reducing Lower. (-11 Lower, 16 fullness)
- Diet Potions, which are sold by Tiro, will reduce the specified part of your body to 0.7 (the minimum).
- Chocolate can be purchased from NPC shops for 100 gold each. (+5 Weight, +5 Upper, +5 Lower, 33 fullness)
- Iced Cafe Mocha is especially effective for increasing Upper. (+7 Upper, 14 fullness)
- Giant Potato is especially effective for increasing Lower. (+6 Lower, +3 Upper, -3 Weight, 24 fullness)
- Big Lumps of Cheese can increase Lower without increasing Upper. (+2 Lower. -2 Weight, 40 fullness)