||This article contains spoilers.|
If you do not wish to read further, please return to the home page.
It is necessary to be Level 15 or higher in order to begin this mainstream scenario. Any race may take part in Generation 10, but Generation 9 must have been completed and you must relog or change channels in order to start G10.
All Shadow Missions difficulty is based on your total level:
- 1~99 Basic
- 100~299 Intermediate
- 300~999 Advanced
- 1000+ Hard
The higher your total level, the less experience you will get from completion of the quests.
Please Note: All information here is based on foreign servers and may not be accurate for NA.
|File:Royal Guardsman Coat of Arms.gif
You can avoid the Shadow Ghosts.
If you quit or fail either mission, talk to Padan to receive it again.
- Upon completion of G9, log-out or change channels to view the beginning cutscene.
- Wait for an owl to bring the quest. Then talk to Padan in Tara.
- Complete the solo Shadow Mission (Survivor Rescue).
- You must defeat the bone soldiers guarding an NPC.
- There are four Shadow Ghosts in front of Tara's gate. They're rather strong; you can avoid fighting them if needed by walking around them.
- You have 40 minutes to complete the Shadow Mission.
- Upon completion you'll receive a 2x2-sized badge.
- Talk to Padan and he will give you Leymore's Journal (2x2).
- Complete the solo RP (Leymore's Investigation Log) at Taillteann's altar.
- There is no need to fight the monsters. Just run past them and search for Elatha around the lake's coast to talk to him.
- Complete the quest and wait for the next one.
Andras and Elatha
||Andras and Elatha
- Talk to Andras in Taillteann. She will give you 'Andras' Music Box'.
- Use 'Andras' Music Box' to view a cutscene. You will receive a Shadow Mission Quest after the cutscene.
- Complete the solo Shadow Mission (Caliburn's Secret).
- Defeat the enemies around the Beacon Mound to open the gates to Taillteann.
- You will have to defeat 3 waves of enemies before the gates open.
- Talk to Elatha at the alchemy equipment (near Dorren's normal location).
- You will receive the keyword "Clue Regarding Goddess Neamhain" when you complete the quest.
Collect Clues Regarding Goddess Neamhain
||Collect Clues Regarding Goddess Neamhain
- This part consists of four different sections that take place in Tara. You can do them in any order. Use the "Clue Regarding Goddess Neamhain" keyword to initiate each quest. Note: the items take up a lot of inventory space. Be sure you are ready for it.
- [Part 1: Portrait of Neamhain] (size: 2x2)
- Talk to Hans, who is located in the square with the fountain, with the keyword.
- Wear a Novice Alchemist Suit. Talk to Hans and he will request you to model for a painting. He will give you a 2x2 portrait of your character.
- Talk to Hans again. He will ask you to deliver a 2x2-sized landscape of Tara to Keith.
- Talk to Keith, who is located north of the shopping square.
- Talk to Hans to receive the first key item.
- [Part 2: Lezarro's Inscription] (size: 2x2)
- Talk to Lezarro, who is located by the gate heading towards the castle, with the keyword to receive a Shadow Mission (Obtain the Rare Book).
- Hit switches all over Tara to spawn enemies. There are three waves per switch. When you've hit them all, the center square (with the fountain) will be open. Defeat the Soldier Zombies in the square to finish the quest and recieve a 2x2-sized book.
- Bring the book to Lezarro to receive the second key item.
- [Part 3: Lymilark Scripture] (size: 1x2)
- Talk to Pencast, who is located in front of the cathedral (appears as Pontiff's Court on the map) doors, with the keyword. You will receive Pencast's Taming Cane and 50 Pencast's Taming Bait.
- Tame a Lost Cat and then talk to Pencast. The nearest kittens are east of the cathedral.
- Tame a Lost Dog and then talk to Pencast. The nearest puppies are northwest of the cathedral.
- Even at low taming ranks, you should be able to tame both the cat and dog with plenty of bait to spare.
- Talk to Pencast again, you will receive the third key item.
- [Part 4: Neamhain's Feather Decoration] (size: 2x2)
- Talk to Lileas, who manages the jousting arena, with the keyword to receive a Shadow Mission Quest (Obtain Shadow Honey). Although monsters are present, no fighting is required in this quest. Simply look for the trees with honeycombs and hit them to collect the Shadow Honey (2x2). You will need 5 of these. You can get them all from the same tree.
- Talk to Lileas to give her the honey. She will give you Lileas' Honey Drink. Simply [Use] it to drink it for a cutscene.
- Talk to Lileas again.
- Talk to Eluned at the clothing shop.
- Talk to Lileas, and select the last option. You will face the Jousting Champion in a Jousting battle. Win against him in order to proceed.
- Talk to Eluned to receive the final key item.
|File:Memories of Neamhain.png
- Talk to Andras to receive a Shadow Mission (Neamhain's Memorial).
- Enter Taillteann and talk to Elatha, who is near the platform where Andras would be. A cutscene will occur.
- Talk to him again to learn the Synthesis skill if you do not already have it.
- Enter the barrier found in the center of town and defeat the enemies there (Shadow Alchemist x2 + Arat Alchemist x2 + Shadow Lancer (Light Armor) x2.
- Use the alchemy tool in the room. Mix all four items you received earlier to get [Memories of Neamhain].
- Note: You cannot use Synthesis with items in your hands.
- Passing rate is 99%. Should you fail, return to the four NPCs in the previous missions to gather the items again.
- Use the [Memories of Neamhain] to view a cutscene.
- Talk to Andras. She'll give you the Dark Lord's Token (1x1).
- Use the emblem at Ciar Dungeon for Elatha's RP quest. [30,000 EXP]
- The dungeon is Ciar Intermediate. There is no boss, just a cutscene when you open the boss room door.
Book of Tir Na Nog's Doom
Explorer of Iria
|File:Historic Ruins Pass.gif
File:Irinid's Ancient Relic.gif
File:Irinid's Ancient Relic 2.gif
File:Rain Maker's Crystal.gif
||Explorer of Iria
||Alexina, Castanea, Kirine
- Depending on your race, talk to the respective NPC.
- Human: Alexina (Qilla Base Camp)
- Elf: Castanea (Filia)
- Giant: Kirine (Vales)
- Achieve an exploration level of 10 or above and talk to the NPC again to receive a collection book and a dungeon pass.
- The book requires you to collect cubes. They have a 100% drop rate from mimics in the dungeon that the pass belongs to. Mimics can spawn in the first and second room of the dungeon, so, to speed up the process, it may be best to get multiple passes (10~15 passes recommended) and just doing those rooms only. This can be done by dropping the pass on the ground and then talking to the NPC again, or by storing the pass on a pet and then talking to the NPC.
- Each race must collect a different set of cubes. Humans must collect nine cubes, while elves must collect six cubes, and giants must only collect five cubes. The cubes are specific to either human, elf, or giant, and the mimics will only drop the cubes which correspond to your race.
- Human cube list:
- Ship [sic] (supposed to be sheep)
- Elf cube list:
- Giant cube list:
- Fruit-bearing Tree
- Unflyable Bird
- Read the completed book and click the button on the first page to finish the quest and receive the [Irinid's Ancient Artifact] (1x1).
- Talk to your NPC from step one. Manually complete the quest and wait for the next step. [35,000 EXP]
Recovering the Ancient Irinid's Relic
|File:Arenen's Engagement Ring.gif
||Recovering the Ancient Irinid's Relic
- Talk to Voight in Cor. He'll partially restore the relic.
- Talk to Arenen in Calida Exploration Camp to receive [Arenen's Engagement Ring].
- Drop the ring at Maiz Prairie Ruins in the Rano region to start a solo RP quest.
- It is a normal 1-floor Maiz Dungeon.
- Arenen is one of the few NPCs that has Playing Dead. Take advantage of this by using it when you've been aggro'd by Ghosts or Archer Slates and waiting for them to forget about you before getting up.
- There is no boss, just a cutscene.
- Talk to Voight to receive [Ilsa's Handkerchief].
- Drop the handkerchief at Maiz Prairie Ruins to enter Voight's RP quest. It requires 2 people.
- It is a normal 1-floor Maiz Dungeon. It is effectively the same as the one Arenen did but from Voight and Ilsa's perspective.
- You play as Ilsa and your partymate plays as Voight. Ilsa's only offensive skill is rank 9 Lightning Bolt, so Voight must do most of the fighting.
- Ilsa can help primarily by getting the monster's attention and then Playing Dead to take some heat off of Voight, especially in the multiaggro situations.
- Talk to Arenen to resolve his misunderstanding.
Rain Maker - Irinid
||Rain Master - Irinid
- Talk to Kousai in Courcle and he will teach you the Rain Casting skill.
- Use the skill once. You don't actually have to rank it at all from Novice rank.
- Talk to Kousai again.
- Drop the Rain Maker Arrow onto the altar at Longa Dungeon in Connous. You may bring a party to complete this quest
- The dungeon appears to be a mix of the Emerald, Topaz and Amethyst dungeons. It has 3 floors. The boss is "Possessed Cai." In order to kill him, you must hit him continually, otherwise he will yell something and heal up to full hp. A pet and a high damage, fast load time skill is recommended.
- For a solo use a pet and smash to get Cai against the wall or corners of the room. Then use Smash and Windmill (while the pet is attacking normally). As doing this will cause Cai to be stuned for some short period of time. Hopefully long enough to where he wont recover to full health. However, some of the time he might attack normally as a counter attack; most of his actions call for him to use alchemy skills as a retaliation.
- If you feel up to the task, you can also attempt to Final Hit him.
- Upon completion of beating Cai, all party members who have this part of the quest will have it completed.
|File:Dark Lord Coat of Arms.gif
If you fail or exit the mission, you will automatically regain it. If you quit the mission, talk to Pencast again to receive it.
- Talk to Pencast to receive a Shadow Mission (Fomor Mata).
- The mission is solo.
- You must defeat a few sets of enemies leading from the north gate of Tara to the Jousting arena.
- You must win a Jousting match vs. Mata. You will have to restart the entire mission if you lose.
- After you win, you must defeat Mata in combat.
- He can summon a small golem when he is under half HP. It is recommended to distract him or it with a pet if this happens.
- Magic Counter works well on Mata until a golem is summoned.
- Another strategy is to distract Mata with a pet, then attack with Blaze.
- A technique commonly called 'Pet Revolving' where you send a pet to smash or attack, then return before aggro is given to the pet, is one way to kill Mata from a distance. However, he has Intuition, meaning half the time he will immediately attack your pet as it attacks him.
- Simply use Dragon Support on him if you have completed G8.
Fight for Courcle's Heart
|File:Dark Life Drain Crystal.gif
||Fight for Courcle's Heart
- Talk to Padan to receive a Shadow Mission (Assist the Shadow Realm Expeditionary Force).
- Requires you to destroy waves of monsters and protect the NPC when you reach the center. You can either solo or bring up to 8 people from this quest.
- Multiple players on the same quest (in the same party) will clear it, like G9
- Talk to Padan to receive a Shadow Mission (Light and Darkness).
- There will be a long cutscene after which you'll be sent to the Soul Stream
- You will face your Doppelganger in this part. This battle will consist of two parts.
- If you happen to die, you may resurrect fully up to 3 times in a manner similar to Nao's Revival by selecting the Morrighan's Protection option. If you have used up all 3, starting the mission over will restore them. This is the only method of revival on this mission outside advanced feathers.
- Part One
- MAKE SURE YOU EQUIP THE CYLINDER YOU ARE GIVEN BY DEFAULT.
- The point of part one is to remove your Doppelganger's Awakening of Light. This is done by using HP Drain on it after using Andras' Music Box.
- Use the "Andras' Music Box" item in your inventory once you see your Doppelganger gesturing to you. You must then click the doppelganger to use the Orgel on it. This causes the Doppleganger to make a gesture of holding its head in pain, and will enable you to use HP Drain. (The effect lasts roughly 10 seconds so be sure to have HP Drain set to a hotkey! Novice rank is fine)
- HP drain must restore you to full HP in order to continue. If you are hurt too badly or are wounded you will not be able to move on to part 2
- It's recommended to lower your total HP to about 95~98% of your total to both activate the skill (which requires you to not be at full health) and to pass the requirements of this section. A windmill will achieve this.
- If you succeed, you will get a cutscene.
- Your Doppelganger will mainly use Alchemy skills against you. It can also do Spear of Light and Fury of Light. Attempt to dodge all these attacks.
- A fast mount is useful, but not necessary since most skills may be dodged by circling the stage. Be aware of your distance to the Doppleganger, however, since it receives a speed boost from Awakening of Light
- When hitting the Doppelganger you will take 50% of the damage that you inflicted on it so make sure to keep your health at a reasonable level. The Doppelganger still takes the full damage, e.g. if you hit it 600 DMG, he will take 600 DMG, and you will take 300 DMG too.
- It takes damage in part one, but its Awakening of Light causes it to have regeneration, effectively rendering all attacks worthless.
- Part Two
- You will now be able to use Demigod mode and the skills introduced at a specific rank determined by the mission difficulty. Kill your main Doppleganger to complete the quest.
- You may use Demigod skills indefinitely and without penalty for the duration of the fight. Use the boosted recovery and movement speed to your advantage.
- The Doppelganger can only perform Alchemy skills (Water Cannon, Wind Blast and Flame Burst) and can summon five clones to take you down. It will only summon the clones when given an opportunity to, and they aren't relatively very hard to defeat.
- However, you will need to kill all the clones in order to deal damage to your actual Doppelganger.
- Avoid aggroing the Doppelganger while killing the clones since it will cause more clones to spawn.
- Detection can be avoided during the fight by staying close to the edge, luring a clone with an icebolt or ranged attack, and then killing them away from the Doppleganger.
- Commanding a pet to attack, casting a single Spear of Light, and then canceling pet will also negate detection.
- Light spear is likely to kill the clones in a single hit. It is possible to use Demigod's speed boost to group the clones and wipe them out with light spears.
- Use the Ice Spear skill to repeatedly freeze the Doppelganger and its clones. Following the Ice Spears, Spear of Light may be used to inflict further damage.
- A Chaincast Fire Wand with Rank 1 Firebolt can one-hit most Advanced-level Clones. Demigod MP recovery makes this a very useful tactic, however it is not recommended for the Hardmode level.
- The main Doppelganger will not be distracted by pets. Nor will it flinch at any attack. And you will receive 50% of the damage you do to it; this applies to pets taking damage as well.
- Strong pets are encouraged to serve as a distraction against the clones.
- Once all the clones are taken out, you can spam Windmill on the Doppelganger without retaliation as Windmill resets its AI every time it's hit by it. This works the best with rank 1 Windmill.
- Play Dead will work on the Doppelganger. Thus a viable option of defeating it is to use Spear of Light, then Fury of Light, then Play Dead until the skill timer for the two skills resets.
- If you have beaten the G8 Mainstream, you may call Adniel to damage the Doppelganger.
- At Int level, it is possible to wipe out the Doppleganger with one Adniel call if enough meteors hit him.
- At Hardmode level, 2-3 Adniel is required to kill Doppleganger.
- However, you will lose a massive amount of Experience points if you use this method.
- Using Mana Shield is strongly encouraged.
- Once you've beaten the Doppelganger, you'll be awarded with the Demigod skills at rank F:
- Awakening of Light Transformation
- Fury of Light Skill
- Spear of Light Skill
- Manually complete the quest to claim the EXP.
This section can be started at anytime. The G10 mainstream does not have to be complete.
||Lileas, Karpfen, Krug
- Talk to Lileas using the "Private Story" keyword to start the quest. You will receive Lileas' Honey Drink (1 x 2).
- Talk to Karpfen.
- Talk to Lileas.
- Talk to Krug.
- Complete the quest and wait for the next one.
The Corrupt Alchemist
||The Corrupt Alchemist
- You do NOT need to complete G9 beyond Temple Knights to access this quest.
- Talk to Heledd to receive the solo Shadow Mission Memory Crystal Recovery. There is no time limit for this mission.
- Start this mission at Tara stone henge.
- You must make your way from the north gate to the square, fighting four spawns of monsters along the way.
- After a cutscene occurs, talk to Jenna.
- Now there are nine more spawns of monsters you must fight.
- Monsters spawn in the following patterns:
Shadow Wizard (F)x1
Shadow Archer x1, Bronze Bone Lancer x1
Shadow Lancer x1, Bronze Bone Fighter x1
Shadow Fighter x1, Bronze Bone Fighter x1
Shadow Wizard (F) x2
Shadow Warrior x1
Shadow Archer x1, Bronze Bone Lancer x1
- Afterward, there will be a cutscene and you will fight the boss, which is a Corrupt Alchemist x1, and is an intensified version of a Corrupt Alchemist. Beware of Frozen Blast and of Jenna's HP.
- Once the boss dies, you will clear the mission and receive the Memory Alchemy Crystal (1 x 1).
- Talk to Heledd with the Memory Alchemy Crystal in your possession and you will gain knowledge of the Metal Extraction skill.
- Complete the quest.
The mainstream continues in Generation 11.