Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
Difference between revisions of "Patches"
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
[http://mabinogi.nexon.net/Support/client.aspx Mabinogi North America's Client] is at Version '''
[http://mabinogi.nexon.net/Support/client.aspx Mabinogi North America's Client] is at Version ''''''. '''Chapter 4: Generation 16 Season 2 (Macbeth, Genesis, Part 1)''' was released on ''', 2012'''.
'''Mabinogi North America's Test Server's Client''' is at Version '''112'''. '''Chapter 4: Generation 16 Season 2 (Macbeth, Genesis, Part 1)''' was released on '''? ?, 2012'''.
'''Mabinogi North America's Test Server's Client''' is at Version '''112'''. '''Chapter 4: Generation 16 Season 2 (Macbeth, Genesis, Part 1)''' was released on '''? ?, 2012'''.
Revision as of 07:59, 14 July 2012
|This article is incomplete. |
This article is incomplete, and may require expansion or cleanup. Please help to improve the article, or discuss the issue on the talk page.
A patch in Mabinogi is called a Chapter, Generation, or Season and sometimes is referred as a combination of the three such as CXGXSX (Example: Handicraft was implemented in C1G2S4). Each Chapter is made up of Generations, and each Generation is made up of Seasons.
A chapter is much like the chapter of a book on Mabinogi; in each chapter there will be a new story.
- The term "Chapters" started at the release of Generation 4, named C2G4S1.
- In Chapter 1, the Mabinogi Celtic knot symbol was green in color. From Chapter 2 onwards, it became orange.
Generation patches are large updates. Each Generation usually includes a new mainstream quest, new areas, races, towns, skills and more.
- Generations are made up of seasons, and when a new Generation starts the Season count will get reset to 1 (Example: If there's a Generation patch, it will be named Generation X Season 1).
- Generations don't come fully at once. They start with a big update labeled Season 1, and then continue with smaller seasons after. (Read the Patch Notes for better details.)
Seasons are always small patches, but don't get them wrong, they always add something small and special into the game. Most of the time there's only 4 seasons in each Generation, but this changes sometimes.
- The "Extra" Seasons are actually named Sub-season X.
Mabinogi North America's Client is at Version 113. Chapter 4: Generation 16 Season 2 (Macbeth, Genesis, Part 1) was released on July 12th, 2012.
Mabinogi North America's Test Server's Client is at Version 112. Chapter 4: Generation 16 Season 2 (Macbeth, Genesis, Part 1) was released on ? ?, 2012.
Mabinogi Japan's Client is at Version 250. Chapter 4: Generation 16 Season 2 (Macbeth, Genesis) was released on ? ?, 2012.
Mabinogi Korea's Client is at Version 647. Chapter 4: Generation 16 Season 2 (Macbeth, Genesis) was released on ? ?, 2012.
Mabinogi Korea's Test Server's Client is at Version 581. Chapter 4: Generation 16 Season 2 (Macbeth, Genesis) was released on June 29, 2012 ?.
Mabinogi China's Client is at Version 163. Chapter 4: Generation 15 Season 1 (Merchant of Venice) was released on ? ?, 2012.
Mabinogi Taiwan's Client is at Version 168. Chapter 4: Generation 15 Season 3 (Merchant of Venice) was released on ? ?, 2012.
- 1 Beta Testing
- 2 Chapter 1
- 2.1 Generation 1 - The Advent of Morrighan
- 2.2 Generation 2 - Paladin
- 2.3 Generation 3 - Dark Knight
- 3 Chapter 2
- 3.1 Pioneers of Iria
- 3.2 Generation 7 - Ancient Secrets of Irinid
- 3.3 Generation 8 - Dragon
- 4 Chapter 3
- 4.1 Generation 9 - Alchemist
- 4.2 Generation 10 - The Goddess of Light
- 4.3 Generation 11 - Sword of the Gods
- 4.4 Generation 12 - Return of the Hero
- 5 Chapter 4 - Shakespeare
- 5.1 Generation 13 - Hamlet
- 5.2 Generation 14 - Romeo and Juliet
- 5.3 Generation 15 - Merchant of Venice
- 5.4 Generation 16 - Macbeth
- 6 Chapter 5 - The Classic
- 7 Trivia
Before Closed Beta
On December 19th, 2007 Nexon America released its NA Mabinogi teaser site, featuring a small teaser Mabinogi video.
Some time later on the official website has been released with little to information about Mabinogi.
On January 4th, 2008 Nexon started posting video clips of Lorna and Pan explaining to players what can be done inside the game, the first episode was released on that day.
A Couple of days after January 4th, 2008 Nexon opened the registration to the Closed Beta.
On January 25th, 2008 Nexon decided to end the Closed Beta registration process, and notified all the registered accounts that the Closed Beta will start on January 29th, 2008 and given the download links to the Closed Beta client.
On January 29th, 2008 the Closed Beta finally began, and Nexon started the server called Nao (so called Mari now, which is interestingly the other way it should be), it is unknown how many players logged in during this time.
On February 5th, 2008 the Closed Beta ended, it ran for 8 days and was shut down at 9 P.M. PST, all the characters were deleted.
A day after the end of the Closed Beta, on February 6th, 2008 Nexon posted an announcement on the official website that Pre-Open Beta was to be launched on February 23rd, 2008, and any person would be eligible.
On February 22nd, 2008 players noticed that the patch server had started working, and their Closed Beta clients updated to version 6, this was the first patch recorded by players in Mabinogi.
On February 23rd, 2008 the Pre-Open Beta was launched at 10 A.M. PST, and servers had been opened again with the single server called Nao.
On February 25nd, 2008 the servers were shutdown, and Pre-Open Beta had ended at 10 A.M. PST. Nexon had announced to their players that Open Beta will launch on March 5th, 2008. The Pre-Open Beta ran in total for 2 days.
On March 5th, 2008 the patch server had been launched again, and people updated their clients, at 3 A.M. PST the servers of Open Beta had been opened with the servers named Mari, Tarlach, and Ruairi.
On March 26th, 2008 the servers had been shutdown at 5 P.M. PST, and the Open Beta ended, and all the characters left untouched.
The label "Chapter 1" was retroactively applied to these three Generations since the unveiling of Chapter 2.
Generation 1 - The Advent of Morrighan
- The Generation 1 Mainstream Quests has been implemented, in which you have to save the goddess, Morrighan.
- Rebirth system is available.
- The Guild system has been added.
- You can now buy Premium Services from the Premium Shop.
- More titles can be obtained.
- Item Bags and Merchant Licenses can now be purchased.
- Must be a subscriber of either Fantasy Life Club or Extra Storage service in order to use the Item Bag or Merchant License.
- The Big Gold Pouch, which can hold up to 50,000 Gold, can now be purchased from all General Shops.
- Skill books have been released and sold by NPCs can help you raise certain skill's ranks.
- Support Shot can now be learned from Trefor by talking about 'Skills' with him after learning Ranged Attack.
- Fishing can now be learned by equipping a Fishing Rod and a Bait Tin.
Generation 1, Season 1
Generation 1, Season 2
Generation 2 - Paladin
- The Generation 2 Mainstream Quests, in which you become a Paladin, has been implemented.
- Emain Macha's North and South sealstones are breakable.
- Pet system has been implemented.
- Spirit Weapons have been implemented.
- Wind Instruments have been implemented.
- Light and Regular Hetero Kite Shields and their Blacksmith Manuals have been added.
- Three new maps have been been added.
- The traveling merchant, Fleta and her dog Rab have been added.
- The traveling merchant, Price, who is involved with the Mainstream Quest, Generation 2, has been added.
- Three new Dungeon Levels have been implemented along with a new dungeon.
- Two new field bosses has been implemented.
- Dunbarton's Scary Library has been implemented.
- Thunder can now be learned.
- Fireball can now be learned.
- Arrow Revolver can now be learned.
- Handicraft can now be learned by advanced reading the book 'The World of Handicraft'.
- Paladin skills can now be accessed by completing the mainstream quest, Generation 2.
Generation 2, Season 1
Generation 2, Season 2
Generation 2, Season 3
Generation 2, Season 4
Generation 3 - Dark Knight
- The Generation 3 Mainstream Quests has been added, where you may choose to become a Dark Knight after you complete it.
- Marriage System has been implemented.
- Pet Dueling System has been implemented.
- Pet AI System has been implemented.
- Housing System has been implemented.
- Ridable Pets are implemented.
- The Postal Service is now implemented
- New Cloth/Leather/Heavy Armor has been released.
- Most Rank 6 ~ Rank 1 skills and Master Titles are now available.
- Magical Music can now be used by playing with a Magical Score Scroll.
- Party Healing can now be learned by equipping a Healing Wand.
- Dark Knight skills can now be accessed by completing the Generation 3 Mainstream Quests.
- Poison Potions and Antidote Potions can be created by Potion Making.
Generation 3, Season 1
Generation 3, Season 2
Generation 3, Season 3
Generation 3, Season 4
Generation 3, Season 5 (Extra Generation)
Pioneers of Iria
Pioneers of Iria was the name of the patch that consisted of Generation 4, 5, and 6.
Generation 4 - Pioneers of Iria
- A continent has been implemented called Iria.
- A new area was added, named Rano which is the first area of Iria.
- Mana Tunnels are now available.
- Exploration system has been added.
- Dual-Wielding is now available, Humans can only hold Two one-handed swords in each hand, and Giants can hold Two one-handed Blunt Weapons in each hand.
- Many titles have been implemented.
- Don't need to get off a Mount to feed a pet.
- The title "The Elemental Master" is finally obtainable, as Ice Spear was implemented.
- Continent Move feature enabled.
- Players can now fight Dragons, which take numerous parties to take down.
- Elf vs. Giant PvP has been implemented, but only players enabling it via their Options menu (under the Etc. tab) may participate. (Elf-allied humans and elves can attack Giants and giant-allied humans, and vice versa.)
- Quiz-time bomb system added, which allows you to use quiz bombs on players who you suspect are botting. (Bomb is sold at some general stores.)
- Upgrades for speed for Gathering Tools List was implemented.
- You can now Fish while riding a boat to Iria/Uladh.
- Wool Collection Pouch is now obtainable by completing a quest from the Mission Board, it can carry up to 20 Wool in 2x2 (4 spaces) inventory slots.
- Item Bag (8x6) is now sold by most General Shops.
- New Maps:
- When Generation 4 was released, you could use L-Rods to search for rare treasure, but it was only for a limited time.
- Ice Spear can now be learned by talking to Stewart about 'Skills' while holding an Ice Wand and using the 'the Elemental Apprentice' title.
- Final Hit can now be learned by Dual-Wielding and starting receiving a quest from Aodhan, more details here.
- Sketching can now be learned by holding a paper.
- Exploration can now be learned by equipping a L-Rod.
- Humans and Elves can learn Play Dead and Throw Stone.
Generation 5 - Elves of the Desert
- The race Elves was added.
- A new area named Connous was added where elves start their journey at the town Filia.
- A new PvP system was implemented, called Dueling.
- The Messenger System was updated.
- Character Select Screen has been changed.
- Boss Rush Mode Dungeons is now available.
- Singing Birds Pets have been implemented.
- More rideable pets have been implemented.
- Arrows (1000) can now be purchased from Item Mall for 50 Nexon Cash, and can hold up to 1000 arrows. This Quiver's arrows can now be moved to a normal Quiver.
- Emerald Arrow
- Amethyst Arrow
- Topaz Arrow
- Mysterious Arrow
- Various Elf-only and Elf and Human-only clothing, and leather armors.
- Different versions of basic skills (almost all Combat and Magic, excluding Life) has been implemented for Elves only to balance their special archery skills.
- Mirage Missile can now be learned by talking to Castanea about 'Skills' and completing a quest dungeon of Longa Desert Ruins.
- Throw Stone can now be learned from Sion after completing the quest Throwing Stones.
- Throw Dice can now be learned by equipping a dice that can be sold by most General Shops.
- Hide can now be learned from the Beginner Quests of the elves.
- Play Dead can now be learned by talking to Tracy at a certain level.
Generation 6 - Giants of the Snowfield
- The race Giants was added.
- A new area called Physis was added. Giants start their journey here at the town Vales.
- Elves and Giants are now enemies.
- an Elf and an Elf can now marry, an Elf and a Human can now marry, a Giant and a Giant can now marry, and a Giant and a Human can now marry.
- Equipment Set Items are now implemented, they will add bonuses if the player wears the full set.
- Riding Pets(Sled Dogs) have been implemented.
- A different type of fishing, Ice Fishing, has been implemented.
- Wood Atlatl is a new weapon, but not considered a new type of weapon since it uses the same setting as Long Ranged weapons.
- Different versions of basic skills (almost all Combat and Magic, excluding Life) has been implemented for Giants only to balance their special melee skills.
- Stomp can now be learned from Completing "Deliver Wine" of the Giant Beginner Quests.
Minor Pioneers of Iria Updates
Generation 7 - Ancient Secrets of Irinid
Generation 7 was released as one patch in NA.
- A new area was added, named Courcle, which consists of a jungle, swamp, and a savanna.
- Flying Pets are now available.
- Percussion Instruments that all races can use have been implemented.
- Players can now obtain Metal Dye Ampoule that can color Metals on armor from Advanced Play service.
- Other new items that can now be obtained through the Advanced Play Service include: Life Elixir, Mana Elixir, Stamina Elixir, Remote Administrative Office Coupon, High Gathering Speed Potion, Dungeon Wax Wing, and the Friend Summon Capsule.
- Most Rank 6 ~ Rank 1 skills and Master Titles are now available for Elves and Giants.
- Players can now Record Videos and upload them to YouTube directly from their client.
- Using Windmill or Counterattack with a Bow will give less damage.
- Taming Wild Animals can now be learned by equipping a taming cane.
- Magic Shield skills can now be learned:
- Charge can now be learned by talking to Waboka about 'Skills' and killing 30 Hobgoblins within the quest's time limit.
- Metallurgy can now be learned by talking to Effie at Qilla Base Camp. Speak to her with the 'Skill' keyword and she will give you a quest.
Generation 7, Season 1 - 4
Generation 8 - Dragon
- The Mainstream Quest "The Drake of Iria" was added.
- A new area was added, named Zardine.
- Hard Mode Dungeons are now available.
- New clothing patterns are now sold.
- Hot Air Ballooning is now available.
- Flying Star pet is now available.
- New Wands are now available.
- New animations for casting advanced magic.
- Various bows and swords added.
Generation 8, Season 1 - 2
Generation 8, Season 3 - 5 (Extra)
Chapter 3 is from Generation 9 onwards, which takes place in the west part of Uladh.
Generation 9 - Alchemist
- The Mainstream quest Generation 9 has been released. All races may complete it. It will start as soon as you log in after the update.
- A new town, Taillteann, was implemented.
- New areas, Abb Neagh and Sliab Cuilin, implemented to connect to Taillteann from Dunbarton and Dugald Aisle .
- New "weapon" has been implemented called the Cylinder. It uses elemental crystals (not Elementals) for use with the Alchemy skills.
- Elemental crystals.
- Fire Crystal
- Water Crystal
- Wind Crystal
- Clay Crystal
- You can now do Shadow Missions.
- New pets, Lime Sprite, Yellow Sprite, Rainbow Sprite, White Elephant, and Blue Elephant, are now purchasable.
- You may wear sprite pets to increase your character's stats, but while equipped, the pet will not be usable.
- Farming system implemented.
- Beginner quests have been updated once again.
Generation 9, Season 1
Generation 9, Season 2
Generation 9, Season 3
Generation 10 - The Goddess of Light
- The Generation 10 Mainstream Quests has been released, and can be started if the player has completed the Generation 9 Mainstream.
- Demigod, a new transformation skill, has been released and is rewarded to those who complete the Generation 10 Mainstream Quests.
- New Town Tara has been released between Emain Macha and Taillteann.
- Jousting Minigame in Tara has been added.
- Auctions have been added.
- Fashion Contest has been added.
- Winemaking system added.
- When you finish an Exploration Cap quest, you will not need to do it again for that specific character.
- Taillteann's Shadow Missions were re-balanced.
- New Shadow Missions have been released: Shadow Cast City, Enemy Behind, Their Method, Lingering Darkness
- Honey can be gathered on the path to Tara.
- Hardmode dungeons and Peaca dungeon had their monster EXP increased.
- Elf and Giant skills have been re-balanced.
- You can now raft by paying 5000G, rather then 10 Firewood.
- The Rafting minigame's rewards have been increased
- Mythril ore and Unknown ore's colors have been changed.
- New Pets have been added:
- Spirit Weapons level cap has been raised to 50.
- Cap limits removed
- New Alchemy Skill: Frozen Blast
- New Alchemy Skill: Rain Casting
- New Magic Skill: Blaze
- New Alchemy Skill: Metal Conversion
- New Enchants
- New Clothing
- New Titles
- New eye types for Giants: Indifferent, Innocent, Angry.
- New Character Hairstyles
- Human Male
- Guardian Army Hair
- Human Female
- Romantic Natural Wave
- Elf Male
- Rococo Ponytail
- Elf Female
- Rococo Volume Hair
- Giant Male
- Hard Tail Wave + Beard, Mustache, Goatee, Shaved
- Giant Female
- Twin Pigtails
- Human Male
Generation 11 - Sword of the Gods
- The Generation 11 Mainstream Quests has been released, and can be started if the player has completed the Generation 10 Mainstream.
- Brionac, a new item, is rewarded to those who complete Generation 11 Mainstream Quests.
- Players are able to train skills using the Brionac.
- Journal system is added.
- Rath Royal Castle area added.
- Shadow Missions are avaliable for Rath Royal Castle.
- New dungeon is added: Kitchen Dungeon.
- Guild hall is added.
- Royal Alchemists are added.
- Smart Weapon system added. (Weapons will automatically change slots when certain skills are used. This is optional.)
- Mail Notification added.
- All of Uladh's dungeon Moon Gates vanished.
- New Emotions and dancing added.
- Volcano Explorer Imp and Jungle Explorer Imp pets added.
- Angry Pumpkin and Smile Pumpkin pets added.
- Combat skill Evasion added.
- Alchemy skill Shock added.
- Demigod skill Shadow Spirit added.
- Life skill Carpentry added.
- Skill Uncaps:
- Party Healing reblanced.
- Blaze's explosion range was decreased, and damage is lessed when not using a combat wand.
- Taming Wild Animals success rates increased.
Generation 11, Season 1
Generation 11, Season 2
Generation 12 - Return of the Hero
Generation 12, Season 1
Generation 12, Season 2
Chapter 4 - Shakespeare
Chapter 4 revolves around a Shakespearean theme.
Generation 13 - Hamlet
Generation 13, Season 1
Generation 13, Season 2
Generation 14 - Romeo and Juliet
- Generation 14 Mainstream Quests are available.
- Homesteads are added.
- Login Screen is changed.
- World map is renewed.
- New Theater Mission: Warden of the Gods
- New Gold Combo Cards are added.
- Combo Card drop rate increased.
- Special Upgrade limit is raised to 6 times.
- New hairstyles and eyes.
- New weapon: Lance
- Spirit Weapon's repair rate and damage are increased.
- Special Music Scroll has been rebalanced.
- New characters may choose a Destiny.
- Characters no longer gain weight from eating food when hungry.
- Voight sells new Artifact Collection Books.
- Players can now run while using Meditation with a Trinity Staff.
- Claudius's Conspiracy Persona now adds +20 Luck but Intelligence is lowered to +100.
- Edern's Part-time Job is added.
- New enchant scrolls added.
- New passive mastery: Lance Mastery
- New combat skills: Lance Charge, Lance Counter
- Skill Uncaps
- Charge (6 to 1)
- Fire Shield (6 to 1)
- Fragmentation (6 to 1)
- Handicraft (6 to 1)
- Ice Shield (6 to 1)
- Lightning Shield (6 to 1)
- Natural Shield (6 to 1)
- Sand Burst (6 to 1)
- Synthesis (6 to 1)
- Taming Wild Animals (6 to 1)
- Wind Blast (6 to 1)
- Composing (Rank 5)
- First Aid (Rank 6)
- Musical Knowledge (Rank 4)
- Refine, Fishing, Alchemy Mastery, and Windmill have rebalanced training for certain ranks.
- Rain Casting and Throwing Attack's Cooldown Time is decreased.
- Summon Golem's size is decreased.
Generation 14, Season 1
Generation 14, Season 2
Generation 14, Season 3
Generation 14, Season 4
Generation 15 - Merchant of Venice
Generation 15, Season 1
Generation 15, Season 2
Generation 15, Season 3
Generation 15, Season 4
Generation 16 - Macbeth
Generation 16, Season 1
Generation 16, Season 2: Genesis
|This section of the article includes content that may not be released in North America. |
Some or all of the following contents may not be officially released by Nexon America, and may be based on Mabinogi overseas. Details are subject to change.
Chapter 5 - The Classic
Generation 17 - Grandmaster
Generation 17, Season 1
- During the patch called 'The Pioneers of Iria', Nexon North America released three Generations in one patch: Generation 4, Generation 5, and Generation 6 at the same time.
- It should be noted that Nexon updated at that patch to Generation 6 Season 4, but did not have some of the content in Generation 4 to 6, most of which were released with Generation 7 and Generation 8.
- European Mabinogi had a similar patch called 'The Uncharted Lands' before it was discontinued.
- This patch contained Generations 4 through 11.
- There are times where Nexon North America create their own minor patches and do not name or announce them, these patch notes are not released here due to that reason.
- Patch descriptions of the unimplemented Chapters, Generations, and Seasons are based on the Korean Mabinogi. Nexon North America may change them. This page will be updated when those patches come out in the corresponding server.
- This was initially intended but bugs/glitches on Nexon's side caused this to be removed and later implemented.
- This was an intended feature in a previous version yet implemented now due to glitches in the past.