Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
NOTICE: Seems like daily VIP shadow missions may be wrong occasionally!!
- A Personal Shop or a Player Shop is a shop that players set up to sell their items to other players for profit.
Opening a Shop
- First, buy an item bag of any size from a General Store. Keep in mind that the size of the bag determines the size of your shop.
- You must then go to the bank and buy a Merchant License. There are many kinds.
- You can only earn up to the maximum amount of gold that is listed on your license.
- Some licenses have taxes on them. A 'sales tax' is a percentage taken off of your profits immediately when your item is sold. The 'exchange fee' is a percentage taken off of your license's profits when you redeem the gold on it at the bank.
- Be sure to have all the items you want to sell in your inventory, your pets' inventory, or the item bag at this point.
- Now, take the license out to the field where you'd like to set up the shop. Right-click the license and use it to open the shop. A new window will open up to set the title and description for your shop. The title will be visible above your shop's mat, and the description will be visible when a customer views your shop's contents.
- The field must be nearby the bank at which you bought the license (see Merchant License page for details).
- If you cannot set up the shop there, try somewhere else.
- You may close and reopen the shop as many times as you like, as long as there is no money on the license.
- Note, you may not create a shop on the designated area if another personal shop is already set up nearby.
Opening a Kiosk
- First, buy a Kiosk from a General Store. Unlike item bags, kiosks are only available in one size (5x10).
- Once you have a kiosk you must find a spot along the northern or southern walls of Dunbarton (Kiosk for Dunbarton must be bought in Dunbarton) or along the wall next to the boarding ship in Belvast (Kiosk for Belvast must be bough in Belvast) to install it.
- Kiosks require no Merchant License to install and use.
- Once installed, place the items you wish to sell into the kiosk. Upon placing items it will ask for the price for which you wish to sell them.
- You may close the kiosk when all the items in it have been taken out or sold.
- If you disconnect while having kiosk open you can just click "Tidy Up Kiosk" to retrieve the items that were in it.
- Like item bags, you can reuse kiosks as many times as you please.
Setting up Items to be Sold
- You may only sell items that are in the item bag attached to the shop. However, items may be moved in and out of the bag after the shop has been opened (therefore you can restock your shop as items sell).
- Note that once you set a price for an item, it cannot be moved. The only way to move it would to take off the price, and then move it, and then set the price again, if you wish.
- Right-click an item in your bag to set a price for it.
- Keep in mind that if you place a stacked set of items up for sale, the price is for the entire stack. If you want to sell these items individually, divide them from the stack into separate squares of your bag.
- Some licenses do not allow your customers to pay directly from their bank accounts. As such, you are unlikely to sell items priced over 50,000g when using these licenses.
- Items in the bag that have not had a sale price set will not be visible to your customers.
- Once an item is sold, a message will appear on your screen, telling you what item and who bought it.
Watching Over the Shop
- If you step away from your shop, it will close automatically. You must physically stay by your shop.
- Alternatively, you may set a Pet or Partner to watch the shop. This way, you may leave your shop's area.
- To have the pet/partner watch the shop, right click the summoned pet/partner and select "Protect the Personal Shop". Clicking "Cancel Summon" will have it stop watching the shop.
- While the pet/partner is watching the shop, their summon time will not decrease.
- You may not summon any pets/partners in battle if you have one watching the shop. You also cannot open the pet's/partner's inventory.
- If you switch channels, your shop will close and your pet/partner summon will automatically cancel. Therefore, you must stay in the channel with your shop, regardless of who is watching it.
- An expired beginner's Thoroughbred can still tend a personal shop.
- Be aware that Gathering while Partner is managing a Personal Shop will cause it to forcibly close.
- Players can also choose to hire a Personal Shop Brownie to watch the shop. Each Personal Shop Brownie Work-for-Hire Contract is valid for 24 hours real time and can be bought at any Bank (except Residential Areas) for 2,250 gold.
- The License is reusable until it expires.
- Even if you have hired a Brownie, you cannot log out or change channels and still keep the shop up.
- The money you earn will be inscribed to your Merchant License. To redeem the cash, simply drop the license onto the bank as if you were depositing a Check.
- You will be taxed (up to 3% depending on the License) when you have sold an item with a using any Merchant License (exception: Bebhinn Merchant License No. 1). Also, you will be taxed (up to 3%) when you redeem the cash.
- You may not reuse a license that has any money on it.
- In effect, you may actually lose money by having a shop if you sell items that aren't worth the cost of the license.
- However, if you don't sell any items, you may reuse the license without any problems.