- To recover an item's missing durability, either have the item repaired by a corresponding NPC or use a repair kit that corresponds to the item. The Repair Guidebook has information on repairing.
- When talking to the NPC, select Repair Item and select the item to repair. The player can then choose to have the NPC either attempt a one-point repair or attempt a Perfect Repair, which are consecutive one-point repairs until the item is at full durability.
- Repair success rates vary among NPCs and is shown in their repair window.
- Items that have been blessed have an increased repair success rate. See the Blessed Item Repair Rate Chart for more information.
- If a failure occurs in the middle of a perfect repair, the rest of the repair will be done at the non-blessed success rate.
- Weather and Stats have no effect on success rates.
- A failed repair will result in the item's maximum durability permanently decreasing by 1.
- Blessing will also be lost if applicable.
- Repair Protection Potions can be applied to the item to prevent the loss of 1 durability point due to a failed repair. The potion's effects are consumed when a failure occurs.
- Some items, such as Signs, cannot be repaired.
- Spirit Weapons have a different repair method.
- Repair costs are based on the item itself, the NPC's success rate, and any cost-modifying enchants on the item being repaired.
- Certain Tool Upgrades and their Reforge equivalents can also increase repair cost.
- The higher the success rate, the more it costs to repair.
- Failed repairs will not be charged.
- The cost is displayed above the list of items.
- Depending on the item, the repair costs Gold or Ducats.
- Brionac requires 4 AP to repair 1 point of durability.
Types of Repair
Most NPCs will repair one or multiple specific types of items, usually related to their occupation. Below are lists of NPCs sorted by the types of repair.
The following applies to the repairable items lists below: If the majority of a type of item uses a certain type of repair then that group is considered to use that type of repair. Any items in that group which use another type of repair are listed as exceptions and items that cannot be repaired at all are ignored.
Magical Weapon Repairs
Magical Equipment Repairs
|Magical Equipment Repairable Items
|Accessory Repairable Items
*Only repairs Magical Accessories.
|Cylinder Repairable Items
|Engineer Repairable Items