Ski Jump Event (2010)
- December 22, 2010 - January 4, 2011
You've twisted your way between flags in an attempt to get the fastest slalom skiing time. Now's the time to test your aerial aptitude! The ski jump event starts next Wednesday, December 22nd in Mabinogi. You will receive a quest to once again visit the snowy hills of Vales to participate in the Ski Jump event.
The quest will take you to the base of the hill where the Ski Jump takes place. Speak to the Event Helper to purchase a ticket to participate in the ski jump. You should do this here because the tickets at the top of the mountain are MUCH more expensive. Once you've purchased a ticket, click the event flag to take the ski lift to the top of the mountain.
Once at the top of the mountain, you will find yourself between two platforms. Speak to either one of the Event Helpers next to the platform and select the “Apply” button. The helper will give you a ticket that holds your place in line – after all, only one person should be able to go down the jump ramp for safety reasons!
You will know when the event coordinators call your number by the flashing !! just above your head. You will then have 30 seconds to climb to the top of the tower and prepare for your jump. You will have a few fleeting seconds before you start down the hill.
Get a good look at what's ahead of you! You'll need to play a quick mini game in order to get the best point total possible, so be fast! If you can score over 1800 points, speak to the Event Helper at the bottom of the hill and she will reward you with a Reindeer Robe!
- Purchase a Ski Jump Ticket from the Event Helpers
- They may be purchased for 100g at the bottom of the hill or 500g at the top.
- Hit the flag pole at the bottom of the hill to be taken up the slope.
- There are two slopes.
- Slope 1 is located to the east while Slope 2 is at the west.
- The letters A,S,D will appear along the slope path which must be pressed as you go by.
- The spacebar is used at the jump point as well as the landing.
- To receive a gift box you must get a score of at least 1800. You receive the gift box from the NPC at the bottom of the slope.
- To receive a Giant Reindeer Antler Hairband you must achieve a score of at least 1900. You may still receive a gift box.
- You may only receive one Giant Reindeer Antler Hairband.
Gift Box Rewards
- Reindeer Robe
- 2x HP 100 Potion
- 2x MP 100 Potion
- 2x Stamina 100 Potion
- 5x HP & MP 100 Potion
- 5x HP & Stamina 100 Potion
- 5x Bandages
- Purchasing your Ski Jump Ticket from the Event Helper at the bottom of the hill where players land will save you 400g a ticket.
- Reselling your Ski Jump Ticket after it has been used will allow you recover 50g.
- Try to press the A, S, D keys immediately after you pass the line for the key. The closer you are the better your jump will be.
- There are 3 effects to indicate successes, the first being a bright blue effect for perfects, a simple blue effect for OKs, and kicked up snow cloud for fails.
- How you land has a big effect on your score. Better landings equal better score increase from style. A bad landing will mean a crash and very few style points.