Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
From Talk:Emain Macha Cooking Contest
Viewing a history listing
Viewing a history listing
|14:02, 14 June 2014||Info|
|14:01, 14 June 2014||Info|
To read, Click Show
- Sounds more like basic information than a description; I would rename it as such.
- "This is a repeating event, with the Chef Exam being held every Saturday except for the last Saturday in a month, which is when the Monthly Cook Off is held. Both the Chef Exam and Monthly Cook Off are part of the Emain Macha Cooking Contest, where the Monthly Cook Off is a contest for the winners of the weekly Chef Exams held earlier in the same month."
- I would rewrite this as "The Emain Macha Cooking Contest is a repeating event in Emain Macha's square. It held every Saturday, where players compete to have their own dishes judged."
- "Note that a general announcement for the final round of this contest is referring to the final Chef Exam contest available on a particular Saturday (more than one is held on a Saturday but at different times) and is not referring to a permanent ending of the contest."
- Uh what...?
- "The book Making Pasta, which is required to raise the cooking skill to rank 8, can only be obtained by competing in a Chef Exam and creating 4 or 5 star dishes for each of the judges."
- Why is this up here? This is more of a reward thing and shouldn't be mentioned in basic info/description.
Entering the Exam
- "To get access to the Chef Exam held on every Saturday, you must do Shena's part-time job, which she only offers on Channel 3 and can only be done on Monday through Friday. Shena is the waitress at Loch Lios, Emain Macha's lakeside restaurant."
- Once again, Channel 3 and Monday through Friday does not need to be bolded.
- "When you ask Shena about part-time jobs for the first time, you will obtain the keyword "Chef Exam." Use this keyword when talking to the NPCs around Emain Macha for possible tips on the exam. The NPCs will say random tips so you can repeatably use the keyword for more of them."
- Again, link Chef Exam Keyword. The third sentence is redundant.
- "Most ingredients are provided for you for free during the contest."
- Irrelevant to "'Entering' the Exam".
- The Chef Exam is held on Saturdays at 1:00pm PST and 8:00pm PST on channel 3 (for the second exam, it happens during the same time as the Guild Battle)
- Parenthesis part is irrelevant.
- I would mention somewhere that the top-right corner says how many minutes are there until deadline and what stage you are on.
- "All ingredients bought at the exam costs 0 gold at the ingredient carts but they cannot be consumed and will expire after a certain amount of time."
- They expire when the cook-off ends, not after a "unspecified certain amount of time".
- "If you complete all 4 or 5 star dishes required for the judges, you will obtain the who Placed in the Cooking Contest title and the book Making Pasta."
- I would mention the book is used to rank Cooking from 9 to 8 for convenience.
- I would also mention that these rewards are given right after giving the final dish and not until the end of the event; I assumed the latter when I did this.
- "You can re-submit the last dish if you are not satisfied with your previous submission ONLY in Weekly Cook-offs. The judge will not accept your re-submitted dish if the quality is lower than your previous submission."
- Take out "ONLY in Weekly Cook-offs". Does it matter whether you can re-submit all three or not?
- "The Monthly Cook-Off takes place at 8:00pm PST on Channel 3 (during the same time as the Guild Battle) on the last Samhain (Saturday) of the month.
- Again, guild battle is irrelevant.
- "The judges will each request a dish and you will have access to the carts for free ingredients."
- Considering that the monthly cook-off is more or less the same as the weekly, this is redundant.
- "The judges stated that they have higher standards on the dishes they judge than during the entry exam. (Meaning they do no accept dishes that are lower than 5 stars)"
- Just say that they only want five stars, no need to be too specific here.
- Stated? I don't see how past-tense works here.
- "Examinees are given the choice of resubmitting any of the dishes (unlike Weekly Cook-Offs) for each chef."
- Don't need parenthesis part.
Fish Meat Shop
Veggie Fruit Shop Contents
- This isn't trivia; this is a very important piece of information that should be moved to Chef Exam.
- Why don't the NPC have their own pages? Why do they redirect here?
- "The ingredients and dishes made in the exam can be gifted as food to Partners despite the inability to consume them."
- Who cares?