Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
Compare the three below:
- 1 Generation 1 - The Advent of Morrighan
- 2 Generation 13 - Hamlet
- 3 Generation 17 - The Classic
Generation 1 - The Advent of Morrighan
- The Generation 1 Mainstream Quests has been implemented, in which you have to save the goddess, Morrighan.
- Rebirth system is available.
- The Guild system has been added.
- You can now buy Premium Services from the Premium Shop.
- More titles can be obtained.
- Item Bags and Merchant Licenses can now be purchased.
- Must be a subscriber of either Fantasy Life Club or Extra Storage service in order to use the Item Bag or Merchant License.
- The Big Gold Pouch, which can hold up to 50,000 Gold, can now be purchased from all General Shops.
- Skill books have been released and sold by NPCs can help you raise certain skill's ranks.
- Support Shot can now be learned from Trefor by talking about 'Skills' with him after learning Ranged Attack.
- Fishing can now be learned by equipping a Fishing Rod and a Bait Tin.
Generation 1, Season 1
Generation 1, Season 1 was implemented on March 27, 2008 at 10 A.M. PDT, and consisted of the following:
- New Functions
- The Generation 1 Mainstream Quests have been implemented.
- Must be a subscriber of one of 4 Premium Services in order to receive Mainstream Quests.
- The 'Premium Shop' button has been added in the game menu.
- Guild functions have been implemented (Accessible through friends list).
- The 'Rebirth' button has been added (Accessible from character selection screen).
- Either a Basic Character Card or a Premium Character Card is required to use the Rebirth function.
- The 'Buy Card' button has been added (Accessible from character selection screen).
- The Generation 1 Mainstream Quests have been implemented.
- New Dungeons
- New Skills
- New Titles can be obtained.
- New Items
- Item Bag (7x5) has been added.
- Merchant Licenses have been added.
- Big Gold Pouch has been added.
- The Big Gold Pouch can hold up to 50,000 Gold.
- Skill Books have been added.
- New books that can be purchased by NPCs can now help practice certain skills.
- New Armors and Weapons are now available.
- The Premium Shop is now accessible on the Mabinogi website.
Generation 1, Season 2
Generation 1, Season 2 was implemented on May 1, 2008 at 3 A.M. PDT, and consisted of the following:
- New Functions
- New Items
- New Premium Character styles have been added.
- 3 Male Hairstyles
- 3 Female Hairstyles
- Fixed Bugs
- Disconnection bug using font size script has been fixed.
- More translation script has been added to Magic Mastery's skill description.
- Other minor bugs have been fixed.
Generation 13 - Hamlet
Generation 13, Season 1
- Generation 13 Mainstream Quests.
- Persona actions obtained upon completion of Generation 13.
- New passive mastery skills: Earth Alchemy Mastery, Fire Alchemy, Transmutation, Water Alchemy, Wind Alchemy, Axe Mastery, Blunt Mastery, Bolt Mastery, Fire Mastery, Ice Mastery, Lightning Mastery, Sword Mastery
- New elemental cylinders: Earthquake Cylinder, Hurricane Cylinder, Tidal Wave Cylinder, Volcano Cylinder
- New weapons: Trinity Staff, Glory Sword, Dragon Fang.
- New magic skills: Hail Storm, Fusion Bolt
- New life skill: Enthralling Performance
- New combat skill: Assault Slash
- Fiodh Advanced released.
- New area: Avon
- Theatre Mission released.
- Elite Shadow Mission difficulty added.
- The required accumulated level is 1.
- You are required to have a pass to enter an Elite Shadow Mission.
- Beginner Quests have been revamped.
- New characters no longer receive Eiry.
- The Intelligence formula was revised.
- Players will now receive +1% Damage to all magic attack types for every 20 Intelligence.
- Players will now receive +1 Magical Defense for every 20 int.
- Defense is split into Physical and Magical Defense.
- Magic Attack and Defense visible on the character window.
- Knockdown Gauge is now visible to players.
- Lucky Gather effect added when gathering materials.
- Players receive two or twenty one materials upon a lucky gather.
- The Luck stat affects Lucky Gather rate.
- Destiny system added.
- Mage, Ranger, Warrior, Alchemist classes added.
- Intermediate-leveled Magic Spells (Fireball, Thunder, and Ice Spear) had their base damages lowered by 20%.
- Blaze base damage has been lowered by 25%.
- Character window, character creation window, and tips windows have been revised.
- The quest arrow was redesigned.
- Quest arrow and markers can be disabled via options.
- Proficiency is now gained significantly faster.
- The level up effect was changed.
- Artisan Upgrade can now be done on the final upgrade of all equipment.
- Special Upgrade was available to weapons after receiving the gem upgrade.
- Difficulty of Field Bosses has been rebalanced for stronger players.
- Most Field Bosses now drop unique enchants.
- Many new enchants have been added.
Generation 13, Season 2
- Combo Card is now available.
- "Daily" Shadow Missions, have been added. The "Daily" Shadow Mission provides double EXP when cleared.
- The difficulty of several Shadow Missions were rebalanced.
- The rewards for various Shadow Missions were rebalanced.
- New Skills: Bow Mastery and Crossbow Mastery.
- New Journal Entries Added: Stage Mission and Elite Shadow Mission Clear.
- The rewards for Hot Air Ballooning and Rafting have been changed.
- The Ghosts summoned by the Demi Lich and the Banshee no longer give experience or gold when killed.
- New Crossbow: Arbalest
- Arbalest, Crossbow and Battle Sword can receive Special Upgrade.
- Enthralling Performance has increased duration at lower ranks, reduced stamina cost, increased enemy CP limit, and can lure 2 additional monsters starting at rank 5.
- Hail Storm now consumes mana for the duration of the skill.
- New characters now receives 13 Nao Soul Stones on their creation instead of 10.
- Accounts with characters under total level 100 may rebirth daily (Every 24 hours).
- Accounts with characters under total level 100 can get free skill resets by Duncan.
- Accounts with characters under total level 100 now receive a Thoroughbred Horse Card. Unlike normal Thoroughbreds, their inventories are disabled and will not be usable after 7 days of their creations.
Generation 17 - The Classic
Generation 17, Season 1: Grandmaster
- Talent System:
- Essentially a replacement of Destiny.
- Talents are divided into 16 categories: Adventure, Close Combat, Magic, Archery, Mercantile, Battle Alchemy, Martial Arts, Music, Lance Combat, Holy Arts, Transmutation, Cooking, Smithing, Tailoring, Medicine, and Carpentry.
- New characters and characters during rebirth can select a talent. Existing characters before the implementation of talents can choose a talent upon log-in.
- In addition to 2x training and base, leveling, and aging bonuses, talents contribute to a permanent stat boost when ranked regardless of chosen talent.
- Skill ranks related to that talent will also contribute to the level of the talent, which affects the stats provided, talent icon, and prefix title. There are a total of 16 talent levels.
- You can access the Talent Window from the bottom Talent Button (the Celtic Knot symbol) in the User Interface.
- You can change the Talent Title once per day.
- There are special hidden talent titles that can be unlocked when you reach a certain level in multiple talents.
- New Skills:
- Decreased Will from Rest was removed.
- Maximum Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity, Will, and Luck were increased from 999 to 1500.
- Shadow Mission/Theatre Mission(?) Monster HP was re-adjusted.
- Potato, Wheat, Barley, Cobweb, Wool, and Corn stack limit was increased from 5 to 10.
- Ore stack limit was increased from 10 to 50.
- One Ore Pile now produces 7 Ores.
Generation 17, Season 2: Bound in Destiny: Puppeteer
- Puppeteer Talent:
- New Skills: Control Marionette, Colossus Marionette, Pierrot Marionette, Puppet's Snare, Wire Pull, Inciting Incident, Threshold Cutter, Rising Action, Crisis, Climactic Crash, Invigorating Encore
- New Weapon: Control Bars.
- Marionettes are aesthetic items used to alter the appearance of a marionette. They also provide 1 Defense and 1 Protection to the player.
- Colossus and Pierrot Marionettes have their own HP instead of Durability, which can be restored with a Marionette Potion, sold by all healer NPCs and Huw. Broken Marionettes must be fixed with a Marionette Repair Set, similar to Phoenix Feathers, which are also sold by all healer NPCs and Huw.
- Emain Macha
- North America Exclusive:
- The gender restrictions on Marriage have been lifted.
Generation 17, Season 3: Shamala
- Adventure Talent:
- New Skill: Transformation Mastery.
- New Collection Journals: Hunting and Transformation.
- New Hybrid Talent Titles:
- Researcher: Requires level 6 Magic, Transmutation, and Medicine Talents.
- Trapper: Requires level 6 Archery, Tailoring, and Carpentry Talents.
- Shadow Mission Adjustments:
- New Shadow Missions: Abb Neagh Convoy Escort, Belvast Hostage Rescue, and The Secret of Scathach Caverns.
- New Difficulty: Lord.
- Exceedingly more difficult than Elite.
- All party members must have a Lord Pass in order to enter it.
- All party members must have at least one level 15 talent.
- Lord Difficulty missions can only be done three times per day.
- Non-Mainstream Quest total level restrictions were replaced with a count of talent levels.
- Basic: No limit.
- Intermediate: One level 5 talent.
- Advanced: One level 8 talent.
- Hard: One level 11 talent.
- Elite: No limit, requires an elite pass.
- This also applies to Theatre Missions.
Generation 17, Season 4: Nightmare
- Mainstream Quest Adjustment:
- Several mainstream quests now receive additional rewards upon completion.
- Generations 9 through 16's have been renewed.
- Shadow Mission difficulties are fixed at either Basic or Intermediate.
- Experience rewards from these Missions have been drastically lowered.
- Hidden Talent Skills:
- Premium Service Adjustments:
- The Music Buff Duration effect from the Music Talent was changed from a percentage to a whole number.
- Generation 1 is not only redundant (listing updates outside of the boxes when they're already in the boxes in the first place) but its also unorganized. This goes all the way until around G12.
- Generation 13 is simply unorganized and randomly spits out information.
- Generation 17 is organized, using headers like "Skills", "Talent", "Other", etc.
My suggestion is to re-write G1 - G14 as like its done in this G17 example.