Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
The definition you provided seems sufficient. "Druid" is a religion. "Starlet" is a social status. Would "Vates" be considered a job? I can kind of see how "Vates" might be a job title, like "Royal Alchemist", but the term "Vate" or "Vates" was never used that way. I don't see enough evidence to call "Vates" his job, I hope the other two would be obvious.
Last edit: 23:20, 18 February 2014
Mores is allowed to be a druid, but PJ isn't. ✓
If "Druid" = "a priest, magician, or soothsayer in the ancient Celtic religion", and Druid ≠ Occupation, then Priest + Magician ≠ Occupation. ✓
"Starlet"? Social status? What rank is that above and below?
If "Starlet" = "a young actress with aspirations to become a star", and Starlet ≠ Occupation, then Actress ≠ Occupation. ✓
If "Vate" = "Highly Skilled Alchemist", and Vate ≠ Occupation, then Alchemist ≠ Occupation. ✓
...WHAT IS AN OCCUPATION?
- As defined by 
- Mores should not be allowed to be called a Druid for his occupation, if you ask me.
- Druid is not a priest, magician, or soothsayer. To be a druid is to be a part of that religion. You can be a priest within that religion, and being a priest would be your occupation, but not the title of your religion.
- I could say I want to be an astronaut, that doesn't make wanting to be an astronaut my job. Perhaps student or apprentice. However, unlike the other two, we can label Starlet with a job at the moment, but "Starlet" would not be what we label a job title.
- I am skilled cooking, that does not make me a Chef.
Edit: Yes, Druid is a religion. It is not limited to priests and healers. You may share practices with a priest like modern day church goers go to practice their Christianity, that does not mean that is their occupation.
- So being a mage is an occupation but druid is not? Both terms can be interchangeable to some degree without losing meaning.
- Stating is as a religion when Mabinogi uses in the terms as a class does not present a valid argument. Druid is used as a term for a class, or in this case, a talent. If you're associating with the religion, then you already lost the argument.
- Starlet is fine as an occupation, which goes along the lines of being a starting/beginner actress or singer. Starlet herself could be referred to as a Soul Star instead if you really want to take a stab at Occupations.
- Chef is not an occupation unless you make it an occupation. Chef is defined as someone skill at cooking. It's a general term. In fact, there are a lot of titles for Chefs.
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
- The action you have requested is limited to users in one of the groups: Users, staff, Editors in Training, Decepticons.
- Your username or IP address has been automatically blocked by MediaWiki.
The reason given is:
- Your IP address is listed as an open proxy in the DNSBL used by Mabinogi World Wiki.
- Start of block: 19:59, 27 September 2020
- Expiration of block: infinite
- Intended blockee: 188.8.131.52
You can view and copy the source of this page.Kapra - (Talk)
Return to Thread:User talk:Kapra/Occupation/reply (12).
I don't think I'm getting to you if you are just going to spit out what you said earlier...You overshot the point about here and apparently lost sight what what I am trying to tell on how Mabinogi puts it and not what is based on. Congratulations! You literally just blew my mind, because now, it is full of fuck. I normally don't use the "big swears," but you have just earned the achievement and way to keep and open mind.
The sheer amount of stupidity of removing ambiguity and not leaving any mention is just soo....more open ended than it should be. There is no exact end every time. The wiki is a collaboration of information and ambiguity is fine since people will not list every freaking single thing. That is why ambiguity exists. I do not understand what the hell is wrong with ambiguity. I am done with this crap. You can do what ever you need to do to. I don't care. Druid's not a talent/job class? okay then, you're the boss.