We were able to have five winners of 10k NX this month thanks to your support on our Patreon!
If you like the wiki and want a chance next month, please consider pledging at the raffle tier.
- For the content of servers outside of Nexon America, see Foreign Content.
| This article is incomplete. |
This article is incomplete, and may require expansion or cleanup. Please help to improve the article, or discuss the issue on the talk page.
|This article may require cleanup. Relevant discussion may be found on the talk page. The specific problem is patch reorganization, lack of implementation dates, and irrelevant content..|
A patch, sometimes referred to as updates, is typically a major addition to the game. Patches are organized into Chapters, Generations, Seasons, and/or Episodes. Each Chapter is made up of Generations, and each Generation is made up of either Seasons or Episodes.
Currently, Mabinogi North America's Client is at Version 272, which was updated on Feb 22nd, 2018. The latest content update is Chain Slash Advancement.
- 1 Beta Testing
- 2 Chapter 1
- 2.1 Generation 1 - The Advent of the Goddess
- 2.2 Generation 2 - Paladin
- 2.3 Generation 3 - Dark Knight
- 3 Chapter 2
- 4 Chapter 3
- 4.1 Generation 9 - Alchemist
- 4.2 Generation 10 - The Goddess of Light
- 4.3 Generation 11 - Sword of the Gods
- 4.4 Generation 12 - Return of the Hero
- 5 Chapter 4 - Shakespeare
- 5.1 Generation 13 - Hamlet
- 5.2 Generation 14 - Romeo and Juliet
- 5.3 Generation 15 - Merchant of Venice
- 5.4 Generation 16 - Macbeth
- 6 Chapter 5
- 6.1 Generation 17 - The Classic
- 6.2 Generation 18 - The Saga: Iria
- 6.2.1 Iria Update
- 6.2.2 Iria: Episode 1 - Fate's Origin: The Demon
- 6.2.3 Iria: Episode 2 - Hero's Return: The Trap
- 6.2.4 Iria: Episode 3 - Waking Nightmare: The Chase
- 6.2.5 White Dragon Raid
- 6.2.6 Iria: Episode 4 - Mystic Training: The Ritual
- 6.2.7 Iria: Episode 5 - Proud Heritage: The Battle
- 6.2.8 Iria: Episode 6 - Demon Night: The Truth
- 6.2.9 Skill Update
- 6.2.10 Iria: Episode 7 - Heroic Path: The Choice
- 6.2.11 Iria: Episode 8 - Holy Land: The Sacrifice
- 6.2.12 Iria: Episode 9 - Fate's Design: The Stand
- 6.2.13 Iria: Episode 10 - Divine Fury: The Advent
- 6.3 The Enlightenment
- 6.4 Aces
- 6.5 New Beginnings
- 6.6 From the Shadows
- 6.7 Aces (Continued)
- 6.8 Generation 18, Season 2: The Saga: Iria II
- 7 Chapter 6
- 7.1 Generation 19: The Divine Knights
- 7.2 Rejuvinogi
- 7.3 Renovation
- 7.4 Generation 20: The Gate of Sanctuary
- 7.5 A New Dawn For Dungeons
- 7.6 MusicQ
- 7.7 Memento
- 7.8 Grandmaster Renewal
- 7.9 Giant Overhaul
- 7.10 Skill Advancement Renewal
- 7.11 Flight Expansion
- 7.12 Ninja Renewal and Traveler's Guide
- 7.13 Chain of Destruction
- 8 Trivia
Before Closed Beta
On December 19th, 2007 Nexon America released its NA Mabinogi teaser site, featuring a small teaser Mabinogi video.
Some time later on the official website has been released with little to no information about Mabinogi.
On January 4th, 2008 Nexon started posting video clips of Lorna and Pan explaining to players what can be done inside the game, the first episode was released on that day.
A Couple of days after January 4th, 2008 Nexon opened the registration to the Closed Beta.
On January 25th, 2008 Nexon decided to end the Closed Beta registration process, and notified all the registered accounts that the Closed Beta would start on January 29th, 2008 and gave the download links to the Closed Beta client.
On January 29th, 2008 the Closed Beta finally began, and Nexon started the server called Nao (so called Mari now, which is interestingly the other way it should be), it is unknown how many players logged in during this time.
On February 5th, 2008 the Closed Beta ended, it ran for 8 days and was shut down at 9 P.M. PST, all the characters were deleted.
A day after the end of the Closed Beta, on February 6th, 2008 Nexon posted an announcement on the official website that Pre-Open Beta was to be launched on February 23rd, 2008, and any person would be eligible.
On February 22nd, 2008 players noticed that the patch server had started working, and their Closed Beta clients updated to version 6, this was the first patch recorded by players in Mabinogi.
On February 23rd, 2008 the Pre-Open Beta was launched at 10 A.M. PST, and servers had been opened again with the single server called Nao.
On February 25th, 2008 the servers were shutdown, and Pre-Open Beta had ended at 10 A.M. PST. Nexon had announced to their players that Open Beta will launch on March 5th, 2008. The Pre-Open Beta ran in total for 2 days.
On March 5th, 2008 the patch server had been launched again, and people updated their clients, at 3 A.M. PST the servers of Open Beta had been opened with the servers named Mari, Tarlach, and Ruairi.
On March 26th, 2008 the servers had been shutdown at 5 P.M. PST, and the Open Beta ended, and all the characters left untouched.
The label "Chapter 1" was retroactively applied to these three Generations since the unveiling of Chapter 2.
Generation 1 - The Advent of the Goddess
- The Generation 1 Mainstream Quests has been implemented, in which you have to save the goddess, Morrighan.
- Rebirth system is available.
- The Guild system has been added.
- You can now buy Premium Services from the Premium Shop.
- More titles can be obtained.
- Item Bags and Merchant Licenses can now be purchased.
- Must be a subscriber of either Fantasy Life Club or Extra Storage service in order to use the Item Bag or Merchant License.
- The Big Gold Pouch, which can hold up to 50,000 Gold, can now be purchased from all General Shops.
- Skill books have been released and sold by NPCs can help you raise certain skill's ranks.
- Support Shot can now be learned from Trefor by talking about 'Skills' with him after learning Ranged Attack.
- Fishing can now be learned by equipping a Fishing Rod and a Bait Tin.
Generation 1, Season 1
Generation 1, Season 2
Generation 2 - Paladin
- The Generation 2 Mainstream Quests, in which you become a Paladin, have been implemented.
- Emain Macha's North and South sealstones are breakable.
- Pet system has been implemented.
- Spirit Weapons have been implemented.
- Wind Instruments have been implemented.
- Light and Regular Hetero Kite Shields and their Blacksmith Manuals have been added.
- Three new maps have been been added.
- The traveling merchant, Fleta and her dog Rab have been added.
- The traveling merchant, Price, who is involved with the Mainstream Quest, Generation 2, has been added.
- Three new Dungeon Levels have been implemented along with a new dungeon.
- Two new field bosses has been implemented.
- Dunbarton's Scary Library has been implemented.
- Thunder can now be learned.
- Fireball can now be learned.
- Arrow Revolver can now be learned.
- Handicraft can now be learned by advanced reading the book 'The World of Handicraft'.
- Paladin skills can now be accessed by completing the mainstream quest, Generation 2.
Generation 2, Season 1
Generation 2, Season 2
Generation 2, Season 3
Generation 2, Season 4
Generation 3 - Dark Knight
- The Generation 3 Mainstream Quests has been added, where you may choose to become a Dark Knight after you complete it.
- Marriage System has been implemented.
- Pet Dueling System has been implemented.
- Pet AI System has been implemented.
- Housing System has been implemented.
- Ridable Pets are implemented.
- The Postal Service is now implemented
- New Cloth/Leather/Heavy Armor has been released.
- Most Rank 6 ~ Rank 1 skills and Master Titles are now available.
- Magical Music can now be used by playing with a Magical Score Scroll.
- Party Healing can now be learned by equipping a Healing Wand.
- Dark Knight skills can now be accessed by completing the Generation 3 Mainstream Quests.
- Poison Potions and Antidote Potions can be created by Potion Making.
Generation 3, Season 1
Generation 3, Season 2
Generation 3, Season 3
Generation 3, Season 4
Generation 3, Season 5 (Extra Generation)
Pioneers of Iria
Pioneers of Iria was the name of the patch that consisted of Generation 4, 5, and 6.
Generation 7 - Ancient Secrets of Irinid
Generation 7 was released as one patch in NA.
Generation 8 - Dragon
Chapter 3 is from Generation 9 - 12, which takes place in the west part of Uladh.
Generation 9 - Alchemist
- The Mainstream quest Generation 9 has been released. All races may complete it. It will start as soon as you log in after the update.
- A new town, Taillteann, was implemented.
- New areas, Abb Neagh and Sliab Cuilin, implemented to connect to Taillteann from Dunbarton and Dugald Aisle .
- New "weapon" has been implemented called the Cylinder. It uses elemental crystals (not Elementals) for use with the Alchemy skills.
- Elemental crystals.
- Fire Crystal
- Water Crystal
- Wind Crystal
- Earth Crystal
- You can now do Shadow Missions.
- New pets, Lime Sprite, Yellow Sprite, Rainbow Sprite, White Elephant, and Blue Elephant, are now purchasable.
- You may wear sprite pets to increase your character's stats, but while equipped, the pet will not be usable.
- Farming system implemented.
- Beginner quests have been updated once again.
Generation 9, Season 1
Generation 9, Season 2
Generation 9, Season 3
Generation 10 - The Goddess of Light
- The Generation 10 Mainstream Quests has been released, and can be started if the player has completed the Generation 9 Mainstream.
- Demigod, a new transformation skill, has been released and is rewarded to those who complete the Generation 10 Mainstream Quests.
- New Town Tara has been released between Emain Macha and Taillteann.
- Jousting Minigame in Tara has been added.
- Auctions have been added.
- Fashion Contest has been added.
- Winemaking system added.
- When you finish an Exploration Cap quest, you will not need to do it again for that specific character.
- Taillteann's Shadow Missions were re-balanced.
- New Shadow Missions have been released: Shadow Cast City, Enemy Behind, Their Method, Lingering Darkness
- Honey can be gathered on the path to Tara.
- Hardmode dungeons and Peaca dungeon had their monster EXP increased.
- Elf and Giant skills have been re-balanced.
- You can now raft by paying 5000G, rather than 10 Firewood.
- The Rafting minigame's rewards have been increased
- Mythril ore and Unknown ore's colors have been changed.
- New Pets have been added:
- Spirit Weapons level cap has been raised to 50.
- Cap limits removed
- New Alchemy Skill: Frozen Blast
- New Alchemy Skill: Rain Casting
- New Magic Skill: Blaze
- New Alchemy Skill: Metal Conversion
- New Enchants
- New Clothing
- New Titles
- New eye types for Giants: Indifferent, Innocent, Angry.
- New Character Hairstyles
- Human Male
- Guardian Army Hair
- Human Female
- Romantic Natural Wave
- Elf Male
- Rococo Ponytail
- Elf Female
- Rococo Volume Hair
- Giant Male
- Hard Tail Wave + Beard, Mustache, Goatee, Shaved
- Giant Female
- Twin Pigtails
- Human Male
Generation 11 - Sword of the Gods
- The Generation 11 Mainstream Quests has been released, and can be started if the player has completed the Generation 10 Mainstream.
- Brionac, a new item, is rewarded to those who complete Generation 11 Mainstream Quests.
- Players are able to train skills using the Brionac.
- Journal system is added.
- Rath Royal Castle area added.
- Shadow Missions are available for Rath Royal Castle.
- New dungeon is added: Kitchen Dungeon.
- Guild hall is added.
- Royal Alchemists are added.
- Smart Weapon system added. (Weapons will automatically change slots when certain skills are used. This is optional.)
- Mail Notification added.
- All of Uladh's dungeon Moon Gates vanished.
- New Emotions and dancing added.
- Volcano Explorer Imp and Jungle Explorer Imp pets added.
- Angry Pumpkin and Smile Pumpkin pets added.
- Combat skill Evasion added.
- Alchemy skill Shock added.
- Demigod skill Shadow Spirit added.
- Life skill Carpentry added.
- Skill Uncaps:
- Party Healing reblanced.
- Blaze's explosion range was decreased, and damage is lessened when not using a combat wand.
- Taming Wild Animals success rates increased.
Generation 11, Season 1
Generation 11, Season 2
Generation 12 - Return of the Hero
Generation 12, Season 1
Generation 12, Season 2
Chapter 4 - Shakespeare
Chapter 4 revolves around a Shakespearean theme.
Generation 13 - Hamlet
Generation 13, Season 1
Generation 13, Season 2
Generation 14 - Romeo and Juliet
- Generation 14 Mainstream Quests are available.
- Homesteads are added.
- Login Screen is changed.
- World map is renewed.
- New Theater Mission: Warden of the Gods
- New Gold Combo Cards are added.
- Combo Card drop rate increased.
- Special Upgrade limit is raised to 6 times.
- New hairstyles and eyes.
- New weapon: Lance
- Spirit Weapon's repair rate and Spirit Weapon Awakening's damage has increased.
- Special Music Scroll has been rebalanced.
- New characters may choose a Destiny.
- Characters no longer gain weight from eating food when hungry.
- Voight sells new Artifact Collection Books.
- Players can now run while using Meditation with a Trinity Staff.
- Claudius's Conspiracy Persona now adds +20 Luck but Intelligence is lowered to +100.
- Edern's Part-time Job is added.
- New enchant scrolls added.
- New passive mastery: Lance Mastery
- New combat skills: Lance Charge, Lance Counter
- Skill Uncaps
- Charge (6 to 1)
- Fire Shield (6 to 1)
- Fragmentation (6 to 1)
- Handicraft (6 to 1)
- Ice Shield (6 to 1)
- Lightning Shield (6 to 1)
- Natural Shield (6 to 1)
- Sand Burst (6 to 1)
- Synthesis (6 to 1)
- Taming Wild Animals (6 to 1)
- Wind Blast (6 to 1)
- Compose (Rank 5)
- First Aid (Rank 6)
- Musical Knowledge (Rank 4)
- Refine, Fishing, Alchemy Mastery, and Windmill have rebalanced training for certain ranks.
- Rain Casting and Throwing Attack's Cooldown Time is decreased.
- Summon Golem's size is decreased.
Generation 14, Season 1
Generation 14, Season 2
Generation 14, Season 3
Generation 14, Season 4
Generation 15 - Merchant of Venice
Generation 15, Season 1
Generation 15, Season 2
Generation 15, Season 3
Generation 15, Season 4
Generation 16 - Macbeth
Generation 16, Season 1
Generation 16, Season 2: Genesis
Generation 17 - The Classic
Generation 17, Season 1: Grandmaster
Generation 17, Season 2: Bound in Destiny: Puppeteer
Generation 17, Season 3: Shamala
Generation 17, Season 4: Nightmare
Generation 18 - The Saga: IriaGeneration 18 or The Saga: Iria is split into ten "episodes", in which each consecutive episode is released every Friday
Iria: Episode 1 - Fate's Origin: The Demon
Iria: Episode 2 - Hero's Return: The Trap
Iria: Episode 3 - Waking Nightmare: The Chase
White Dragon Raid
Iria: Episode 4 - Mystic Training: The Ritual
Iria: Episode 5 - Proud Heritage: The Battle
Iria: Episode 6 - Demon Night: The Truth
Iria: Episode 7 - Heroic Path: The Choice
Iria: Episode 8 - Holy Land: The Sacrifice
Iria: Episode 9 - Fate's Design: The Stand
Iria: Episode 10 - Divine Fury: The Advent
From the Shadows
Generation 18, Season 2: The Saga: Iria IIThe Saga: Iria II is split into a "prologue" plus six "episodes", in which each consecutive episode is released every Friday
Iria II: Prologue - Aces
Iria II: Episode 1 - Merlin
Iria II: Episode 2 - The Missing
Iria II: Episode 3 - Pursuit
Iria II: Episode 4 - The Black Book
Iria II: Episode 5 - Dian Cecht
Iria II: Episode 6 - Ritual and Sacrifice
Generation 19: The Divine Knights
Generation 20: The Gate of Sanctuary
A New Dawn For Dungeons
Skill Advancement Renewal
Ninja Renewal and Traveler's Guide
Chain of Destruction
- During the patch called 'The Pioneers of Iria', Nexon North America released three Generations in one patch: Generation 4, Generation 5, and Generation 6 at the same time.
- It should be noted that Nexon updated at that patch to Generation 6 Season 4, but did not have some of the content in Generation 4 to 6, most of which were released with Generation 7 and Generation 8.
- There are times where Nexon North America create their own minor patches and do not name or announce them, these patch notes are not released here due to that reason.
- Nexon North America has the right to and may change any updates from their Foreign Content renditions. Nexon North America may also choose to not include any updates or part of updates.
- This was initially intended but bugs/glitches on Nexon's side caused this to be removed and later implemented.
- This was an intended feature in a previous version yet implemented now due to glitches in the past.