Greetings Milletians! We'd really like to upgrade the server resources for MWW but we need your help. To do this, we just created a Patreon page! If you like the wiki, please consider pledging a little.
This page will be used to document a set of changes taking place on the wiki. The main goal of all of these changes is it improve usability and maintainability. The name DeadEiry is based on the strong association with the starter weapon, and all things that are annoying about being new at the game.
Introduction to the Project
The point of templates is to have data in one central location, and from there be able to show the same data on several pages. For example, all of Mayonnaise's food info is on one single template, Template:DataMayonnaise, and this info is used on many different pages. If a change needs to be made, instead of editing 50 different pages referencing Mayonnaise, you just have to edit the main template.
Helpful external links for more info on how this all works:
Usage: See Template:StyleMonster/doc
Usage: See Template:StyleFood/doc
Usage: See Template:StyleWeapon/doc
For Equipment (not weapons)
Usage: See Template:StyleEquip/doc
For Misc Items
Usage: See Template:StyleItemEtc/doc
New Data Page
Each data page should have the name structure "Template:DataItemName"
Delete parameters that do not apply. Leave parameters blank if it's unknown.
Put the data template into the correct subcategory of Category:Data.
Incomplete Pages / Templates
Each page / template will include these "please finish me" categories at the bottom; delete the ones that are properly done.
- Category:NeedIcon - missing in-game icon
- Category:NeedPicture - needs a picture of it equipped in-game (see the image policy for contributing)
- Category:NeedPortrait - NPCs who need pictures
- Category:NeedMarket - price or sales data missing
- Category:NeedPaintDetails - is missing homestead paint information
- Category:NeedRepair - is missing repair data
- Category:NeedManual - for smithed/tailored items whose manual data is missing
- Category:NeedSource - Needs information on how to obtain the item. Mostly contains unimplemented items, but also has some event-only or special-color items that have been missed.
- Category:NeedStack - items that stack, but missing to what maximum amount
- Category:NeedTradability - for books that need confirmation on whether or not they may be traded between players
- Category:Need3s - is food missing the 3 star data
- Category:Need4s - is food missing the 4 star data
- Category:Need5s - is food missing the 5 star data
- Category:NeedDesc - in-game description is missing (do not translate from foreign servers. Wait for it to come to English Mabinogi)
- Category:Incomplete - catch-all category
See Category:Data to see the subcategories for the various subprojects.