|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Dian's Identity||3||09:36, 13 November 2014|
In myth Dian Cecht is the Goddess of Healing. In Mabi, I never really pieced it together completely and forgot already. Does anyone know the Mabi-lore behind her well enough to write the description? And should we redirect Dian Cecht to this page, or count them as separate people since Cessair's Heart is Cecht?
What the episode reveals:
- Treasure Hunter calls her a goddess but he doesn't say what she attributes to.
- Dian hailed from the Ban Clan, who were the ancestors to the Cessair. She is the daughter of Bith and Birren (members of the clan, I think?), and also Treasure Hunter's sister.
- Ruairi and Heart/Cecht obey Dian, making her the true leader of the Cessair.
- Neamhain/Irinid banished the Ban Clan, but it wasn't explained why. Dian sought revenge, but never pursued it until she learned TH was alive, so she's the mastermind behind Iria 2.
- Dian split herself into two people, stripping off all her emotion onto Cecht. One of the texts written by Dian outright says "I am a monster."
The only basic, not-very-spoilish description I could come up with is:
"Dian is the primary antagonist of The Saga: Iria II, serving as the true leader of the Cessair. A long time ago, she and her people were banished and cursed by the Irinid for an unknown reason and were eventually forgotten, leading Dian to sought revenge against the Gods and those who had forgotten her and the Cessair. She is very emotionless and will take whatever means necessary to achieve her goal, even if it means destroying the innocent."