Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
- I never said Mage was a job, it is not.
- A class or in Mabi's case, a Talent, is not a job. There are some exceptions, like when classes or talents are named after jobs, like knight.
- She can be called a starlet, actress (where did it says she was an actress?), singer, or soul star. But only actress and singer would be actual jobs.
- Exactly. Vate in Mabinogi's case it not used as an occupation's title, but as I explained in an earlier post in this thread, it could be one. But thus far, it hasn't been used as one and there is still room for the saga 2 to explain it in more detail.
To resolve the argument, these issues would need to be settled:
- Has druid ever been used as a term of an occupation, where and how? Would using the terms Healer or Priest, or other job titles be more accurate?
- Is Starlet the NPC is actress? It is established that she is a Singer and that can be accepted as her occupation.
- How are the terms "Starlet" and "Soul Star" occupations, and not slang, while being more accurate than other terms like Singer.
- Is Vate or Vates an occupation title? As previously said, this cannot be proven one way or the either yet.
In addition, to a more radical note, I would rather we keep the occupation on the Job entry of a NPC page's infobox, but only include their role in the map in map pages. NPCs that would do nothing in the map but show dialogue wouldn't have a roll, NPCs that give daily quests would give quests, NPCs that own shops would list their type of shop, etc. As specific as possible.