Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!

Talk:Eternal Rest

From Mabinogi World Wiki


Thread titleRepliesLast modified
Drop Rate?1320:26, 21 March 2020
Karu Normal?211:22, 14 December 2010

Drop Rate?

Does it drop every time, like if I soloed it would I be guaranteed to get it? Or does its' drop rate increase with party members, making a close to guaranteed drop with 8 people?

Nadindel11:24, 14 December 2010

It drops from 1 end chest at a set rate. Taking more party members would actualy decrease the chance that you would get it since it would go from Drop_Rate to Drop_Rate / Party Members. (aka someone else might get it instead of you)

Tellos11:38, 14 December 2010

That was the point, so more people increases the chance for one of those people to get the book? If so I just need to get a party of 8, with friend that will give me the book of course, and fly through Karu.

Nadindel11:51, 14 December 2010

Uh no. As I said before the chance has nothing to do with party size. What you're saying is like saying cutting a pie into more pieces means that there is more pie.

Tellos18:29, 14 December 2010

I think what Nadindel is asking is that if having more party members will decrease the amount of dungeon runs needed to find the book since having a party of 8 would be similar to doing 8 solo runs (?) but in a much shorter period of time, therefore being more efficient.

Ex1. Dungeon Chest Item Drop Rate 10% * 8 Party Members = 10~80% chance of it dropping in general (10% individually)

Ex2. Dungeon Chest Item Drop Rate 10% / 8 Party Members = 1.23% chance individually

I don't even know if any of my examples are correct or make sense but maybe it would be a good idea to make an full example to help demonstrate what you're trying to say.

Ɛαmes - ταłκ19:57, 14 December 2010

I've stated twice now that it does not. Also there is no such thing as "10 to 80%" in an instanced circumstance. The chance is fixed. Just like when you flip a coin there is a 50% chance that it is heads and 50% it is tails and it is random. But if I flipped a coin 4 times and got heads 3/4 times and you flipped a coin 4 times and got 1/4 heads it would not be "25~75%" it would be 3+1 / 4+4 or 4/8 which is 50%.

Tellos20:22, 14 December 2010

It depends whether the book is a primary or secondary reward. More chests = more chance of secondary reward.

Aubog00722:27, 14 December 2010

I believe it is a secondary reward, which is why I'm asking, since on other discussion pages of drops I've seen someone say that the chance for one person to get a certain item increases with party members, and I can see how that is incorrect, I am lead to believe that it SEEMS like it drops more, because as Ɛαmes - ταłκ said, 10% for each person would SEEM like 80% of a chance, while still being 10% of a drop chance for every person, does that make sense or am I just repeating myself?

Nadindel17:58, 17 December 2010

probability multiples. 10% of 100%+ 10% of result+ and so forth til you compound it 8 times. That's how probability works IIRC. (been 5 years since I've been in a statistics class

Aubog00718:31, 17 December 2010

What part of party count has no effect on the chance of getting the book aren't you getting?

Tellos19:02, 20 December 2010

Party count affects secondary rewards...

Aubog00720:58, 21 December 2010

Which is why it has no effect on the book.

Tellos21:45, 21 December 2010

ah it's a primary reward then for that specific dungeon. Alright

Aubog00721:58, 21 December 2010

well this was a fun read

Tonyvision (talk)20:26, 21 March 2020

Karu Normal?

I was wondering, does it HAVE to be a Karu Normal Chest, or could it be from another version, such as Pot-Belly Spider Fang?

Nadindel09:37, 14 December 2010

Yes it has to be karu normal.--Aubog007 10:31, 14 December 2010 (PST)

Aubog00710:31, 14 December 2010

That was fast, thanks.

Nadindel11:22, 14 December 2010