Zombie Attack Event (2009)
- For similar events, see Zombie Attack Event (disambiguation).
- October 21st, 2009 - November 3rd, 2009
Something's stirring in the sands of the Muyu Desert. A provisional camp was set up to investigate this disturbance, but the explorers haven't been heard from in days… Alexina at the Qilla Base Camp can provide you with more information about the whereabouts and details of this provisional camp.
As you make your way to the camp, you discover that it's been abandoned, with a mysterious fomor flag raised defiantly in the center. Then Palala sets, and you hear the unnerving moans of ravenous undead. The camp is under attack! Defend it at all costs!
It may seem simple at first: zombies are easy prey when they're alone. But they're also sturdy, and when they work together, they have the uncanny knack of overtaking their soon-to-be meals. Some zombies are only vulnerable to physical attacks; others only to magic. As the night continues, more and more zombies rush toward you, determined to foul the fomor flag in the center of the camp.
If you survive and defend the camp until morning, you'll earn 100 extra points to your score. Quickly go to Alexina for a reward. She'll trade you one event gachapon for every 90 points you have. When Eweca rises, your points reset to 0 and the zombies will resume their attack on the provisional camp.
Can you survive?
Zombie attack begins at 6:00PM in-game time and ends at 6:00AM. The bulk of the zombie attack begins at Midnight. If the fort is destroyed, you will lose all your points, and the fort will be rebuilt at 10:00AM.
The camp is closest to the Kaypi Canyon Mana Tunnel.
|How to Get Quest||
Log in during Zombie Attack event, 2009.10.21
|Briefing||Help! The Provisional Camp in the desert is in danger. -Alexina-|
In step 1, Alexina says, "One of the members from the temporary camp in Muyu Desert has been found, who claims that the camp is under attack every night when the Eweca rises. We have lost all contact with the camp after a Fomor Flag was discovered and I think the Zombies are attacking because they don't approve of our ownership of the Fomor Flag.
"Could you follow the map and go to the temporary camp to protect the Flag? If you collect 90 points while protecting the Flag, I'll reward you with a Reward Chest in exchange. But remember that your score will reset every night, so you must exchange your points before the Eweca rises."
"Defend the Camp" is checked when you defeat one of the attacking zombies.
In step 3, Alexina says, "I guess the Zombies don't want us to investigate the Fomor Flag at the temporary camp. Thank you for your help. I'll trade you a Reward Chest every time you collect 90 points from protecting the camp."
- Use melee attacks for Male Zombies, and magic or ranged attacks for Female Zombies.
- Using the wrong type of attack will result in only 1 damage.
- Attacks will not knock back these zombies.
- Kid Zombies blow up upon reaching the flag.
- Kill the Kid Zombies first because of their fast speed. They are weak to melee attacks.
- Volatile Zombies have Self-Destruct.
- Save your transformations until the large waves of zombies at 12:00AM.
- After midnight, the zombies begin to spawn in large groups so it's best to use AoE attacks such as Windmill, advanced magic, Spirit incarnations, Elven magic missile, Mirage missile, and rank 5+ magnum shot, rank 5+ smash, or lightning bolt.
- At 12:00am, the King Zombie will spawn near one of the three gates (North-East, North-West, South). It has a 100% drop rate of a Jiang Shi Hat when defeated, and it'll go to the person who inflicted the most damage on him.
- If your team fails you can still try to get points on different channel that has yet to fail.
- Points stay on the channel they are earned on even if you disconnect or change channels. [Ex. Points earned on ch 5 do not move to ch 6 when you change channel. If you move back to ch 5 the points you had previously earned on that channel will remain unless The Provisional Camp was reset.]
- You also will not receive the 100 points for surviving if you are not specifically at the fort when 6:00AM hits [Ex. you will not get points if you are in Qilla Base Camp].
- You must get at least one point in order to receive the 100 points for surviving.
- Meaning, if you just sit there for the night and do absolutely nothing, even if the camp survives, you won't get 100 points.
- Big Chain Full Helm
- Big Panache Head Protector
- Big Pelican Protector
- Big Slit Full Helm
- Bone Helm
- Bone Marine Armor (Womenswear)
- Bone Marine Armor (Menswear)
- Bone Marine Helm
- Cloth Mail
- Cores' Knob Beret
- Cross Full Helm
- Cuirassier Helm
- Dragon Crest (Red)
- Guardian Helm
- Jiang Shi Hat (Obtained by defeating the King Zombie that appears at midnight)
- Jiang Shi Robe
- Light Hetero Kite Shield
- Light Melka Chain Mail
- Linen Cuirass (F)
- Long Leather Glove
- Ring Mail Helm
- Spiked Helm
- HP 50 Potion (x5)
- HP 100 Potion (x3)
- MP 30 Potion (x10)
- Stamina 50 Potion (x5)
- Stamina 100 Potion (x3)