Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
NOTICE: Seems like daily VIP shadow missions may be wrong occasionally!!
I'm blocking like thousands of bot accounts so if you were accidentally banned please get on the Discord and ping Kadalyn!
Um, excuse me, I don't really now how to fix this picture.
I uploaded a picture or clothes, but now I don't know how to put it on the page. Can anyone help me?
- Hi Koil, I moved the pictures into the right place for you.
- Just a suggestion for the future: if you come over an equipment page that needs a picture, just click on the red link (such as File:Casual Belt Wear Equipped Angled.jpg) and it'll automatically bring you to the file upload screen. You can then browse your computer for the matching file and click upload; it'll automatically appear on the page. Hope this helps! --Powder Rune 02:28, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Thanks! I'm just so scared of editing. I'm worried I'll mess up and someone will yell at me.
- The "Show preview" button is there for a reason if you're worried about messing up. That, and you can always use other pages for references if you're not sure what something is supposed to look like :3 Since you're a new user I'd also suggest reading our policy for Do's and Dont's, as well as other things.
- One more tip: if you post on any talk page, sign your name with four tildes (~) so we know who's writing the message. It should look like this --> ~~~~
- Just preview it and you'll understand =p --Powder Rune 03:07, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
For your pictures of the Magic School Uniform (F), may I change them to include the socks which are part of the outfit? I don't wanna remove your work without your permission. Or you can upload another one which shows the socks. xD --Akumo 17:56, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Sure no prob, the only thing that kinda bugs me is when the pics are at sunset. It tints the whole screen orange. Koil 17:58, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- Also, any more pictures you upload should actually be full-body shots. Angevon and I tried to set examples on the pages we've done (Mongo's Traveler Suit (F), Ella's Vest Skirt) because you really need to show the clothing as a whole, even if there are no socks (and headless people are just creepy). To avoid lighting issues, you can go to the Dunbarton school or Rundal Dungeon lobby, because the lighting in those places are always perfect no matter what time of the day it is. --Powder Rune 18:16, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Got it. I was just worried about uploading pictures that were too big. I thought the main outfit would be ok. Koil 18:20, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Also would that include hats? I wouldn't know but I thought I should run it past you. Koil 18:44, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- We'd rather not have huge hats being worn for body equipment pictures, but small, subtle things like flowers are fine. If you're unsure, just don't wear a hat at all when taking clothing pictures =p --Powder Rune 18:47, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
No I ment for pictures of hats. Koil 18:48, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- Oh, pft. For hat pictures, just get the character's head and face. But I'm probably sure you've already figured it out by looking at examples. --Powder Rune 19:00, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Ok good. I've been kinda confused cause the pages aren't all uniform. Koil 19:04, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- If that's the case, then just follow examples you've seen set by admins--it works for everything in Category:Equipment. --Powder Rune 19:09, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Regular users can create categories. I'll make it anyway, though. --Aramet 01:44, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
Duplication of manual titles with incorrect names
Hi, I noted that you deleted the incorrect titles for the sewing patterns in Fleta's shop. I added them because new users of the game and wiki do not realise these are incorrect. If they check the NPC shop list but do not find the correct name for the manual then they will not know if they are buying what they want and for someone new to the game these manuals are very costly. The way it was done showed the name of the manual as listed in the NPC's shop and provided a link (and correct name) for the actual product created by that manual. It may be messy but it certainly would be far more helpful than it is now and should Nexon correct the manual's name in a future update then the shop list can be changed. Just noting the incorrect manual's name on an item's page does not solve the problem and most item pages do not even make a note of an incorrect manual's name. I only did this for major errors in the name, that is for minor errors I used the manuals name, for example;
- a manual had the name Coco Sailor Mini (M) when the actual item it produced uses the name Coco Sailor Mini and I simply used Coco Sailor Mini (M) so the manual's name was shown but the link goes to the correct page
- another manual had the name Valencia Crossline Plate Boots when the actual item it produced uses the name Valencia's Cross Line Plate Boots and so I used [[Valencia's Cross Line Plate Boots#Blacksmithing Requirements|Valencia Crossline Plate Boots]] which displays as Valencia Crossline Plate Boots
In these cases the difference in the manual's name and the actual item it produces is minor and should not be a problem for anyone, even a new player, to figure out.
However, for things like;
- manual's name is Celina's Open Leather Jacket (M) and actual item's name is Selina Open Leather Jacket
- manual's name is Celina's Open Leather Jacket (F) and actual item's name is Selina Lady Dress
- manual's name is Bianca's Layered Drawers Skirt (F) and actual item's name is Bianca Drawers Layered Skirt
- manual's name is Swordsmanship School Uniform - Short Type (F)/(M) and actual item's name is Short Swordsmanship School Uniform (F)/(M)
the error is enough to cause a lot of confusion. Celina's Open Leather Jacket (F) definetly does not indicate the product will be Selina Lady Dress, Bianca's Layered Drawers Skirt (F) has words in the wrong positions as compared to its product Bianca Drawers Layered Skirt and Swordsmanship School Uniform - Short Type (F)/(M) has words in the wrong position as well as words not used in the product Short Swordsmanship School Uniform (F)/(M). Many items in Mabinogi have similar types of names and something like Celina instead of Selina can be a major point of confusion. I have not changed it back as of yet but please consider what I have said. If the aim of the wiki is to help new and old players of the game then using this information in a shop list would certainly be helpful (and would admittedly be some what untidy).
On another point, why did you remove the link to the produced item's Tailoring Requirements section for the tailoring manuals in Fleta's shop. These are tailoring manuals and the items they produce, have on their individual pages, a Tailoring Requirements section which precisely describes what the manuals need. I think that is what someone would be looking for if they clicked on a link to a tailoring manual and unlike incorrect manual names the link to a Tailoring Requirements section does not affect the appearance of the shop list table. --ZRoc 05:46, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you, I will change them back. Also, I see that someone added "Daby Scots Plaid Boots for Women/Men" to Fleta's "Fancy Outfit" shop tab list and used the Tailoring Requirements section link which you changed correctly. However, you also changed all the Tailoring Section links in Fleta's "Sewing Pattern" and "Special Sewing Pattern" shop tab lists which are tailoring manuals not actual items. Still no ones perfect, least of all me XD --ZRoc 18:32, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- Woops, I just saw the alteration to your last message. No problem and thank you again --ZRoc 18:34, 29 July 2009 (UTC)