Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
NOTICE: Seems like daily VIP shadow missions may be wrong occasionally!!
—Luan, How to Enjoy Field Hunting
- The Expedition Bonus increases the amount of Experience gained while hunting monsters away from Towns and Iria's Landmarks.
- Expedition Bonus modifies the experience by 200%, 300%, and 400%.
- The further you are away from town or landmark, the more Expedition Bonus you will receive.
- Expedition Bonus only applies to fielded areas; it does not apply towards Dungeons, Shadow Missions, or Theatre Missions.
- Expedition Bonus is determined by distance from the last Town/Landmark you visited before your last Logout/Channel Change.
- For example, changing channels in Qilla Base Camp and traveling to Long Horn Gnus near the Flower Landmark will give an Expedition Bonus of 400% due to the massive distance from Qilla Base Camp to the Flower Landmark, but if you Logout/Change Channels there after visiting the Flower Mark, the Expedition Bonus will be based on distance from the Mark instead.
- If you are playing as a Pet, the reference point is the last Town/Landmark you visited before last Log-out/Channel Change when you were playing as a pet.
- Relevant Data: Training pets is best done playing as the pet, since this causes the pet to gain experience much faster than when playing as a Human/Elf/Giant with the pet summoned. You can't play as a pet in Shadow Missions or Theatre Missions. Hence serious pet training is mostly done in the field, and you always want the 400% bonus.
- Example: You have a Human stationed a short distance away from the Flower Mark and an Elf in Dunbarton. You are currently playing as a pet, fighting Gnus and Aardvarks around the Flower Mark. However, you find the bonus dropping below 400% nearer the Flower Mark, due to the fact that your pet touched the Flower Mark when you were playing as a pet on your previous log-in. That is, the pet's current reference point for expedition bonus is the Flower Mark.
- Your goal: Reset the pet's reference point for expedition bonus calculations to Dunbarton.
- Incorrect: Log-in as Elf in Dunbarton. Summon pet. Log-out. Log-in as Human near Flower Mark. Summon pet. Log-out. Log-in as pet. This fails. Your pet's reference point is still the Flower Mark, since this is what it was last time you played as a pet.
- Correct: Log-in as Elf in Dunbarton. Summon pet. Log-out. Log-in as pet in Dunbarton. Change channel. Log-out. Log-in as Human near Flower Mark. Summon pet. Log-out. Log-in as pet. This works. Your pet's reference point is now Dunbarton and it's ready for a Gnu battle with 400% Expedition Bonus.