Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
Bare Hands and Field Monsters
According to one of your edits, using bare hands to defeat field monsters has a drop rate of 0% as an anti-bot measure.
- What qualifies as a "field monster"? Just field bosses?
- How/Where did you get this information?
- No. Anything "in the field" qualifies as a "field monster".
Wow, I didn't want to believe it, so I tested it myself. I came up with the following results:
- At the very least, this applies to all the monsters in Gairech Hills and just north of the Qilla Base Camp.
- Regardless of what weapons were used during the fight, if "bare hands" were used as the finishing blow, no drops occurred.
- This includes anything that could possibly drop, such as gold and items.
- Conversely, as long as the finishing blow was not "bare hands", drops could occur.
- No drops occurred with "bare hands", even if skills such as Smash, Windmill, Final Hit, or Icebolt were used.
This would explain why I rarely get drops from ancient foxes and such. I don't even bother using a weapon most of the time.
I'd still like the clarify which monsters this applies to, though. For instance, this applies even to the bears, but I know it doesn't apply to bandits during commerce. Perhaps it doesn't apply to anything that "spawns" the same way as a dungeon?
Can't be so sure if it also applies to field bosses. This was before bandits were implemented so I doubt it affects them.
I'm saying I don't know whether or not it affects field bosses, hence why I'm asking someone to find out! :D