Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
NOTICE: Seems like daily VIP shadow missions may be wrong occasionally!!
I'm blocking like thousands of bot accounts so if you were accidentally banned please get on the Discord and ping Kadalyn!
- Every dungeon has rooms with a locked door or a locked treasure chest. A Dungeon Key is usually needed to open these locked doors/chest.
- All keys are usable only on the floor they are obtained on and are automatically dropped from a player's inventory should they try to leave the current floor while in possession of one.
- Keys dropped by monsters can be picked up by anyone in the dungeon, regardless of who defeated the monster.
Dungeon Room Key
1 × 2
A key that opens a locked door in the dungeon.
- Comes in Orange, Green, Blue, Dark Blue, and rarely Teal or Yellow.
- Color depends on the amount of doors in the way before the next key.
- Found in every dungeon.
- Dropped by a random monster in the last wave of a sealed room or found in a chest in the corner of a pre-spawned rooms.
Treasure Chamber Chest Key
1 × 1
A key that opens the chest inside the Treasure Chamber
- This key is always Yellow, within the exception of the ones found in The Other Alchemists.
- Only appears in certain dungeons.
- Only drops from enemies in switch rooms. There is at least one key from every switch that spawns enemies.
- That being said, most floors with a treasure chamber will only have three switch rooms, to accommodate all nine chests.
- Opening the door in a switch room will prevent the player from obtaining more keys provided there are any unhit switches.
- Also dropped by Leprechauns in The Other Alchemists and used to open the chests in a special room that requires a Mini Potions to access and is guarded by a Giant Leprechaun.
Boss Room Key
2 × 2
A key that opens the door to the boss dungeon room.
- This key is always red.
- Found in the same way as Dungeon Room Keys.
- It is always found on the same floor as the boss room.
- Rarely the room right before the boss room will come in the form of a red switch room rather than have a key.
- Take up 2x2 squares in your inventory
Treasure Chest Key
1 × 1
A key to a treasure chest.
- Has no predetermined color.
- Rewarded to players upon clearing a dungeon boss room.
- Only players that were present during the dungeon's creation will receive a key.
- The keys are given regardless of which floor a player is on, rendering the keys of players not on the final floor useless.
- Rewarded for clearing most Shadow Missions.
- Dropped by monsters that spawn when uncovering chests through L-Rod Exploration in Iria.
- Keys obtained from these monsters can only open the chest that spawned with them.
- Rarely dropped by monsters in Solea and Connous Underground Maze.
- Players must navigate through the maze in order to reach the rooms that hold the chests.
1 × 1
|Name||Yarn Key||Making Method||Weaving|
|NPC Resale Value||0 G||Item Rank||-|
|Production Exp||5,000||Skill Rank||F|
|Materials Needed||Larva Cocoon × 5|
A key made of yarn that can open a special treasure chest.
- This variety of Treasure Chest Key is only found in Alby Advanced and Alby Advanced Hardmode.
- In dungeons that utilize these keys, every player from the original party will still receive one.
- Larva Cocoons will only drop from Larvae and can be smuggled across dungeons.
Mercenary Box Key
1 × 1
This key opens treasure chests in the Lord-ranked Shadow Realms.
- Comes in a variety of colors.
- Always rewarded to player(s) when clearing Lord Missions.
- These keys cannot be picked up by other players.