- Every dungeon has rooms with a locked door or a locked treasure chest. A Dungeon Key is usually needed to open these locked doors/chest.
- All keys are usable only on the floor they are obtained on and are automatically dropped from a player's inventory should they try to leave the current floor while in possession of one.
- Keys dropped by monsters can be picked up by anyone in the dungeon, regardless of who defeated the monster.
Dungeon Room Key
1 × 2
A key that opens a locked door in the dungeon.
- Comes in Orange, Green, Blue, Dark Blue, and rarely Teal or Yellow.
- Color depends on the amount of doors in the way before the next key.
- Found in every dungeon.
- Dropped by a random monster in the last wave of a sealed room or found in a chest in the corner of a pre-spawned rooms.
Treasure Chamber Chest Key
1 × 1
A key that opens the chest inside the Treasure Chamber
- This key is always Yellow, within the exception of the ones found in The Other Alchemists.
- Only appears in certain dungeons.
- Only drops from enemies in switch rooms. There is at least one key from every switch that spawns enemies.
- That being said, most floors with a treasure chamber will only have three switch rooms, to accommodate all nine chests.
- Opening the door in a switch room will prevent the player from obtaining more keys provided there are any unhit switches.
- Also dropped by Leprechauns in The Other Alchemists and used to open the chests in a special room that requires a Mini Potions to access and is guarded by a Giant Leprechaun.
Boss Room Key
2 × 2
A key that opens the door to the boss dungeon room.
- This key is always red.
- Found in the same way as Dungeon Room Keys.
- It is always found on the same floor as the boss room.
- Rarely the room right before the boss room will come in the form of a red switch room rather than have a key.
- Take up 2x2 squares in your inventory
Treasure Chest Key
1 × 1
A key to a treasure chest.
- Has no predetermined color.
- Rewarded to players upon clearing a dungeon boss room.
- Only players that were present during the dungeon's creation will receive a key.
- The keys are given regardless of which floor a player is on, rendering the keys of players not on the final floor useless.
- Rewarded for clearing most Shadow Missions.
- Dropped by monsters that spawn when uncovering chests through L-Rod Exploration in Iria.
- Keys obtained from these monsters can only open the chest that spawned with them.
- Rarely dropped by monsters in Solea and Connous Underground Maze.
- Players must navigate through the maze in order to reach the rooms that hold the chests.
1 × 1
|Name||Yarn Key||Making Method||Weaving|
|NPC Resale Value||
|Production Exp||5,000||Skill Rank||F|
|Materials Needed||Larva Cocoon × 5|
A key made of yarn that can open a special treasure chest.
- This variety of Treasure Chest Key is only found in Alby Advanced and Alby Advanced Hardmode.
- In dungeons that utilize these keys, every player from the original party will still receive one.
- Larva Cocoons will only drop from Larvae and can be smuggled across dungeons.
Mercenary Box Key
1 × 1
This key opens treasure chests in the Lord-ranked Shadow Realms.
- Comes in a variety of colors.
- Always rewarded to player(s) when clearing Lord Missions.
- These keys cannot be picked up by other players.