For a list of the Bear family, see here.
Black Desert Bear
||Will attack unprovokedYes100
Click this icon for the page on Smash.100 Counterattack
Click this icon for the page on Counterattack.100 Defense
Click this icon for the page on Defense.100
|Notes & Advice
- Often spawns with "the Soon to be Extinct" title.
- Bears with the title will provide x5 the EXP and Gold.
- They will also have an addition 20 Defense and Protection.
- It gives more experience and is easier to kill than the White Desert Bear.
- It works well to have a of couple archers, a couple of pets, and someone using Smash; You can make short work of these bears and gain a ton of experience. *Solo Advice- High critical percentage recommended, as these bears have high protection. Windmill, load windmill again. Whenever the bear defends, immediately smash it and load windmill right after. If you windmill the bear when it is defending, the bear will always recover faster than you can react, so watch their loaded skill carefully.
- Also, you may repeat this sequence: Smash>Smash>Windmill>Smash>Smash>Windmill
- This works because the AI allows two smashes upon aggro before stopping you (with counter, melee, etc.) and the Windmill resets the AI.
- Timing and immediate loading/execution of skills is crucial to this method
- It's recommended to have a buddy to keep other bears off you
- The safest method for fighting these is magic-counter.
- If the bear loads defense while you have an Icebolt or Lightning Bolt loaded, it may be safer to just keep walking away until it cancels the skill than to smash it or try loading another bolt.
- Fire-counter might take more time and use more stamina because the bear tends to load a skill after a knockdown.
- Smash + FH is extremely effective against this monster if you deal enough damage with your normal attacks to get past its large defense and protection.
- A player with a high-ranked Firebolt and a chaincasting wand may safely kill this monster by spamming Firebolt. It is recommended to start at the furthest range possible, and to switch to fire-counter if the bear gets too close.
- Avoid using Defense. Even a player using a Kite Shield will take a large amount of damage if the bear's attack lands a critical.