Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
1. Does anyone know if Alchemy Mastery has any effect on frozen blast's duration?
2. Is the success rate dependant on enemy CP?
3. What effect does frozen blast have on enemy passive defense? Will you ping off of an opponent with heavy stander, mana deflector, etc?
---Kaeporo 20:52, 20 June 2010 (UTC)
- Well, here's a quote lifted straight off of the in-game skill clue: "Freeze enemies by hitting them with a snow storm. You can freeze them for longer periods as your Alchemy Mastery rank goes up." Just by going from that description, I'd say Alchemy Master lengthens the duration of the freeze. 2) Yes, success rate is dependent on the enemy's CP. The higher the CP, the higher the chance of failing to freeze. 3) Can't honestly answer this one, since I haven't tried freezing a mob with passive defenses. EnigmaticFractal 14:48, 1 July 2010 (UTC)
- Alchemy Mastery increases Frozen Blast duration. Frozen Blast is CP restricted per se, but only on the skill rank. Rank 8 Frozen Blast has proven to freeze even Glas Ghaibhleann in G9 as well as Peaca Ghosts. Screenshot is below:
- Pretty cool, huh? In general, the stronger the monster the percent is very small. However the higher rank of Frozen Blast you have, the higher the % it is to freeze the stronger enemy. Hopefully that isn't too confusing. --Miyuna 02:00, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
If you use Frozen Blast on the same enemy multiple times, will their defense and protection keep going down? Or can you only lower def/prot once?
- It's only once. --Miyuna 01:53, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
Thanks ^^;--Th3Evil5Ponge 22:08, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
Maximum Chance Freeze Rate
I tested how often freeze rate is and I speculate it is 90%. I did a test on foxes and out of 210 attacks, 19 attacks miss. This is with r8 frozen blast. Anyone else want to confirm this? --Miyuna 02:02, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
I thought CP (the different levels that is) had an effect on how often it would freeze? --Bryanneo 12:44, 5 August 2010 (UTC)
- It does, I mean after the CP difference if frozen blast's theortic success rate is over 100%, it will be capped to 90% ^^; It'll be similar to how critical is capped at 30% but higher protection enemy requires more critical %. In this case, higher CP enemies will have lower % but the max is 90% --Miyuna 05:30, 11 August 2010 (UTC)
Usage with Barrier Spikes?
Does this skill freeze enemies through a r5+ barrier, or does it freeze the wall, if that is even possible? If it works the way I hope it does then a single blast could stop a group of enemies on top of someone's barrier.. --Crescentkit 05:25, 11 August 2010 (UTC)
- Frozen Blast sadly does not go through the barriers to freeze the enemy on the other side. However it can freeze your own barrier. --Miyuna 05:32, 11 August 2010 (UTC)
- It does go through walls. You can chalk any instances of the skill not freezing through barrier spikes up to the skill's inherently wacky accuracy ratings. Rime 06:34, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
Freezing fails if target was hit before you used it on them
I noticed this several times with players trying to freeze them while I was attacking (not knocking them) the same target. It's like a 100% failure rate if the target is "stunned" while your freezing them. You can try getting someone to shoot a bow to stun a enemy while you use the skill at the exact same time.--Dra6o0n 19:41, 13 September 2010 (UTC)
- This is mere coincidence. One of my main tactics when using Frozen Blast is to have a pet hitstun the target with normal N in order to prevent it from moving out of range and then running back to smack me, and it works quite well. By the way, what is your Frozen Blast rank? What enemies have you been using it on? Rime 06:32, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
After doing some testing... yes anything can be frozen with rank F frozen blast (I was able to freeze an intermediate shadow commander with it), however it's extremely low. And just as I mentioned above, it seems the maximum rate is 90%. I think the lowest % is 1% (if it isn't immune, which would be 0%) and the maximum is 90% and ranking it increases it. What do you guys think? --Miyuna 02:21, 13 October 2010 (UTC)
Seems correct to me, having r8 Frozen Blast for some time i have a very easy time freezing strong and lower enemies. Awful and Boss can still fail quite abit. Have you tested if the different cylinders affect the success of freezing? --Bryanneo 15:05, 16 October 2010 (UTC)
- I have and after freezing different levels of enemies, I suspect that the CP is actually based off you, so having higher CP means you can freeze most monsters. Max success rate is 90% since I can't keep freezing foxes 100% of the time and after tallying it, got close to 90%. --Miyuna 15:45, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
- At rank B with a wind cylinder and rank C Alchemy Mastery I am able to freeze Lions about 40% of the time and Black Grizzly Bears about 50% of the time. I haven't been able to freeze any boss level enemies yet (I have 1800+ CP). I believe the CP limiter is purely rank based. Tellos 20:39, 23 December 2010 (PST)
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Frozen Blast Actually Damages Enemies||2||08:44, 28 October 2013|
|Help with freezing boss ranked enemies?||35||19:45, 29 September 2013|
|Damage Delt||3||19:24, 29 September 2013|
|Countering Frozen Blast in PvP?||3||13:01, 10 August 2013|
|Cooldown||2||16:59, 4 September 2012|
|How to calculate Freezing time?||5||05:29, 30 March 2012|
|Cylinder bonus time||0||17:08, 16 December 2011|
|Quest bug.||1||03:53, 27 March 2011|
|Was curious about the freezing rate so..||0||07:29, 6 February 2011|
It doesn't seem to be mentioned, but at the end of Frozen Blast, the one you targeted will receive damage. And if the damage happens to kill the target, the enemy dies before being frozen, and does not count towards any freezing training.
Though, does anyone know the damage formula?
Its the new addition to the Enlightenment patch, where 6% of your remaining stamina deals damage to the selected target. Its calculated as Remaining Stamina * 0.06.
And its there in the page, its been added recently.
I just started ranking Frozen Blast and it's stuck at rank B as my CP is around 2400 and I cant find any boss ranked enemies that I am able to freeze. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Tendering pots would help turn awful to boss. You can try Other Alchemists. Those mobs have unusually high CP.
I trained it on the Demonic Ghouls in G18 EP2. It just took 150+ crystals to get 5 freezes...
Yep, Other Alchemist is my favorite SM for that reason. The golems there don't have that much HP, but their CP is very high.
Get CP reduction equipment. Trying to train CP related skills at 2k+ is an exercise in pain...
1) Stop being a giant.
2) Get CP reduction equipment.
You think being a giant is a good idea?
Do they? Giants have the most hp/will/str out of all the races and some of their melee skills are flat-out better. Also fighter chain mastery... As well as the new heavy armor mastery that barely affects giants' dex.
Devcat only hates doing work converting outfits for giants to wear. They like making 1 version and letting humans/elves wear it while they sit back and be lazy.
- Training giant skills is by far the hardest
- Nearly non-existant ranged skills
- Less effective magic skills
- Training Giant is easy...only problem is lack of -CP
- Throwing attack, while crap-tastic as it is, still hits harder than most percent skills that do one hit (windmill, smash...stuff like that, not fighter. That's in a class of its own), give or take varying factors such as def, prot, enchants, damage, etc.
- Less effective? I find that hard to believe.
Don't giants have a larger melee hitbox? range for magic depends on the centers of the user and target, melee is edges of the hitbox. Larger hitbox means greater risk of taking a melee hit while using magic. Also, they get higher mp cost for int magic.
I think so, but not like that matters o-o. the the high MP cost is rather trivial...I mean yeah humans/elves get mana reduction easily compared to giants but Meh. I care less for it since i don't mage. I have seen some tanky Giant Mages and their damage isn't impeded by the high mana usage.
Damage isn't impeded, but range is. Larger hitbox means magic spam is interrupted by melee more easily because targets don't need to advance as far before hitting back.
That 1 inch distance makes the difference right? Because also lag doesn't exist either.
It does for bolts at low ranks when you can't stun lock.
You have GOT to be joking. You should go test this for hours and hours and then come back. I'm sure you'll have a great time.
I'm not. I used icebolt almost exclusively for years and years. Back when I was at low ranks, starting as far as possible or starting an inch less than that was the difference between getting 10 hits on a spike laghodessa then loading counter or landing 7 hits then being mauled(varies with the speed of the monster and which lag fixes you're using, but small distances make a difference). Oh, and yes, I had a great time.
Oh god it's a PYRAMID
But uhh I think that's lag. I would notice if stun was reduced.
Isn't there a way to break the pyramid? Or at least make a new setting that gets rid of it or something?
Guys don't derail the topic.
Stop adding to it D: you're making me add to it shamelessly :c...And not that I know of. As far as bolt stun goes...I'll check something in a bit.
I'm not talking about lag, and I did not say that distance influences stun. I said that the distance the enemy has to travel in order to hit you influences how long you can spam low rank bolts before you get hit or have to load def/ca/wm(assuming the monster is trying yo run at you the whole time) If you have a bigger hitbox, they don't need to run as far to get to you.
If the giant hitbox is even bigger (it's most likely not because WM is affected by hitbox size and it was confirmed ages ago that giant WM is the same) it wouldn't even be noticeable. The hitboxes are only noticeable on huge creatures like golems or giant spiders, nothing else that is "giant sized" like most SM humanoid monsters.
- I believe you mean EVERY training problem is CP related. Have you ever tried to train alchemy at 2k CP? Puppeteer perhaps? Or worse yet, melee or magic attacks?
Well Not just CP. It's grindy, cooldowns get in the way. If it's mastering the skills then I'll just passively train it while grinding on a single skill. My point is Giants do not have -CP items readily available compared to humans/elves. This makes it a bit hard for people playing giants wanting to master/get r1 on certian skills.
I was training on some raccoon and decidded to use frozen blast on one too see if anything changed with the recent update. When I freeze one of the raccoon it died and after the animation ended the damage showed (71~120) is this a part of the update or a glitch? Have not tried it on any other monsters yet.
Update 1 So far any monster I attack takes damage, however it's only the monster targeted and not any that get caught in the AOE. I'll try and find a monster I can't freeze and see if it still takes damage.
I've seen a friend using it and yes, even if they don't get frozen, the monster still takes some damage.
So now all we have to decide is if this is a glitch or not. The fact that only the targeted monster is taking damage leads me to believe it's a glitch. Also the skill info doesn't say anything about it taking damage. Edit: I take that back in the View Details section ti says, "Damage increases with higher stamina." So the damage is intended.
Being able to freeze an opponent for 20+ seconds, rendering them unable to defend themselves from multiple smashes AND dealing increased damage seems very powerful. What are the best ways to counter it?
Without the use of pets? none. You're frozen? welp, you're screwed.
2.5 going down to .75 doesn't make any sense... O-o
I'm pretty sure Genesis affected it, but I'm not an alchemist.
So, when I do the calculation thingy and I get to 1300 seconds (assuming Alch Mastery is r8, Water, Wind and Frozen Blast are r1). Can someone explain me how the calculating works, please?
i want to know this too, do cylinders and cylinder upgrades fall into the same catagory as enchants or do they combine with the skills
p.s. gaby, i think you're having truble with useing percentages.
Actualy I got that figured out after posting this. Was doing 10 instead of 0.1 (for the 10%). Also, upgrades and enchant comes after the skills calculation.
Example: 10 sec. freeze time from skills + 6 sec. from upgrades --> 16 sec. freeze time.
so far, with r1 Alchemy Water and wind masterys and r1 frozen blast, with a 6step hurricane upgraded for freezing time it'll freeze someone for 48.75 seconds.
hmmm what would you do with 48 seconds of free time during a duel? :'3
I already did some Frozen Blast in duels (about 20 seconds of freeze), and been able to Hailstorm instant win :333 But I want 40 secs freeze, moslty for 1v1 high level mobs.... And trans duels :D
It says here that Wind gives a +1 second time boost, while Water gives a +2 second time boost. However, the pate for water cylinder only says it adds one second. As well, there's no information on whether or not Hurricane and Tidal Wave give any time boosts, other than Hurricane's upgrades.
If you try and to talk to Dorren with Snowballs in your inventory, after you accept her quest to obtain this skill, it will not register, even if you drop them and reloot them. I just tried to do so with nearly 100+ snowballs in my inv, unable to further quest progress.