- Effects from Magical Music occur 10 seconds after the song is started and will continue to occur ever 10 seconds after that.
- There is no needed length to make Magic Music.
This can be easy found it when you have the skill but i found people conplaining that the skill does not start right away and they keep try to make rank 9 songs becouse they think it the only way to make magic music. I have sevral empty scroll of magic music myself.--Mowmooie 20:31, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
Magic music S
I was wondering if magic music like speed casting can be created at any rank of music know- or a high level becouse I have yet to make any other kind of music other then buffs and healing. Maybe playing rank comes in effect?--Mowmooie 14:59, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- As long as you have rank 9 theory and composition, you can write all magic music. I made a few special status effect scrolls (berserker, peace, casting speed) when all my music skills were rank 9. --Anachronism 16:40, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
I currently have all the basics for creating and performing magical music. (9 composing, 9 knowledge, 9 playing) I have noticed that I cannot get any result better than +1. My exact example is trying MP recovery. I keep getting MP+1 when playing. Also, I recently advanced my playing skill to rank 8. Now I am experiencing MP+2. I am glad it is improving like it should, but it is contrary to the article which shows I should be able to get MP+3 now and on playing 9 I should have been able to get MP+2. I could have very bad luck, but consider this a flag for more research being needed. -Drake3 22:15, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, I just got an MP+3 using playing 8 so I must just have bad luck. Oops. -Drake3 23:14, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- It's not that you have bad luck. It's just that the luck is bad. At rank 3 playing, the max stat boost is 10. But I never got it, my max was 7. There's a wall of luck there. Past the +7 point, the chance of getting the effect dramatically lowers. It will lower so much that you should never really rely on it. --Kentngo 14:11, 6 October 2009 (UTC)
I don't know if my instrument, scroll, or character is bugged or has something that causes 100% success rate. 136 Dex, and 246 Int (291 Base). I don't know if intelligence affects the success rate at all, but I am suspecting it. --Kaillera 19:44, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
- Int and dex i think does effect it by a bit. When I go falcon I always get very good results. The problem in geting the % info is Playing Rank, Scroll Rank, Int and dex. Normaly a life skill goes up with dex, so 10 dex = 1%+(200=20%+). I'm not even going to get into detail about try in find rank of scrolls with rank. --Mowmooie 12:25, 9 January 2010
- if someone would, i would like to propose that some study be put together to determine magic music success rates as while dex does do the whole successful play(189 dex base, r1 playing personally) even on perfect plays magic may not fire. i've seen that r1 music theory may change magic music success rate alone but there's got to be some better base of information to say that magic music success is not dex dependent(if it is int it's a low rate (271 base int personally). [[User:GlyphZero|GlyphZero]] 15:13, 29 April 2010 (UTC)
I editted some information about Status Effect music, including the labels on the scrolls and the status effect when used. --Kentngo 20:19, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
Doesnt 100% defense still mean things like smash/magnum/firebolt could still knock you down? ~KitaeK27
- Just imagine it as Level 3 Heavy Stander, Mana Reflector and Natural Shield without the damage reduction. Yes, you can still be knocked down by those moves. --Kentngo 20:08, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
status boosts increases over time of playing?
for status boosts, is the stat that will be increased decided when the scroll is composed and the same stat is increased every time the scroll is used, or is it decided at random when played. o, and same question for the healing music.Sozen Cratos Focker 16:44, 10 July 2008 (PDT)
- No, the stat is decided when the composer creates the scroll. Are there any disadvantages to failing sharp aiming and fast casting music? - Kefka
- No disadvantages to failing them, except that you wasted scroll durability and 10 seconds to check if it worked, but nothing bad really happens. --Kentngo 20:08, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
What does 120% aim mean? Cant you only go up to 99%? (100% = perfect aim and 120% = more than perfect)
- I believe it is aiming speed ;) --Haven923 17:40, 29 April 2010 (UTC)
Should we add the magical scrolls sold by Briana? Fallenone 18:01, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- Since no one answer for long time, ill add anyway 18:57, Fallenone 22:17, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
Full Moon's Blessing
Just have a question about the specifics of this scroll's effect. Does this scroll recover 6% (at r1) of your max mana pool every 10 (or 11) seconds? If so, doesn't that only benefit the rest of your party, seeing as it costs a whopping 3 mana per second to play? 3 mana per second, with the effect activating at 10 seconds is 30 mana. To just make that mana back, you'd have to have 500 mana just to break even...any clarification would be highly appreciated.EnigmaticFractal 16:15, 2 September 2010 (UTC)
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Berserker Music Damage Reduction||0||15:57, 21 April 2015|
|G16S2||10||01:45, 28 July 2012|
|Brianna's and Barry's scroll duration||2||12:37, 21 April 2012|
|Figuring out the missing boost values for special scrolls||0||16:58, 10 January 2012|
|Healing Music and Status Boost Music not available at rank 9||2||16:56, 10 January 2012|
|Big Things Come in Small Packages||3||14:57, 6 November 2011|
|Missing afew charts||0||20:21, 26 October 2011|
|Magic Music duration||0||23:43, 9 May 2011|
|Maximum music playing duration||2||17:54, 17 February 2011|
Given that this page hasn't been touched in two years, I'm assuming that is referring to Passive Defenses.
Since Enlightenment, a new function was added to melee ping where it halves received damage when it triggers. This doesn't just extend to Heavy Stander; it also affects equipment Auto Defense, which has no passive damage reduction effect. Does by any chance that new function also extends to Berserker's both forms of ping?
I hear something happens to Magical Music in G16S2? Most of these are removed and replaced with simple skills?
I'm pretty sure the scrolls still exist, but you can't get any new ones from Brenda or the guy in Belvast. The ones made with composing are untouched.
Briana*. Brenda's the tailor of Taillteann.
So basically, Briana's and Barry's Music Scrolls go bye-bye?
Yup. And Barry now gives out parts for on of the new instruments. (Not sure which of the two new ones it is, probably not both.) You assemble the parts by talking to Yvona in Abb Neagh Gypsy Camp, not through the use of a life skill.
Template:Archived. Note that at the minute there is only a variety for whole pages, not sections of pages. You can probably adjust it, though.
Future content has a section param, doesnt it? i thought it did.
Do you need to continue playing constantly to keep the buffs, or once it activates will it last a set duration?
One way we might be able to figure out the missing values for Barry's special music scrolls would be to use some math equations. It looks like for most of them it's an exponential equation, and we could put math equation results in with italics, so that people know that they can be replaced. Anybody want to volunteer their brains for this?
I just began making music scrolls, and I've created and tested multiple scrolls with +Strength, +Dexterity, +Will, and +Luck, as well as MP Recovery and HP Recovery. I've tested them solo, and in parties, and they never affect anyone. Every party has been tested with all members close together. My ranks are 9-9-9 for Playing, Composing and Knowledge.
I'm beginning to suspect that Rank 9 cannot play Magical Music, even the basic versions. This needs to be corrected on the wiki.
No, rank 9 can play Magic Music, or at least it could about a year ago. Still, why would Nexon change it to a higher rank? It makes no sense. I did have trouble getting magic music to succeed while I was r9, but now that I am rank 5 I don't seem to have any issues.
Hey, I noticed that magical music doesn't always last as long as the whole song, for some VERY long songs. For example, I was playing a very long silent song with +str. I checked back some time later, an hour maybe, and I no longer had the strength boost, or the "magic pulse" appearing. Does anyone know what the time limit for the music is? It would help me, as I plan on afking as a mana totem to help people make adv crystals.
I currently have rank 7 composing but I noticed that after G13, the silent long score scrolls (t32l1.rrr...) that used to last forever now only last a short while, whenever I play the score now it lasts less than one mabi day now. Anyone know what happened?
It was probably a bug in the mml interpretor that got patched. No scroll should be able to last forever.