Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
Can someone fix the bolded numbers in the chart? >__< I don't know what to do to fix it.. --Zephyre 02:30, 5 March 2009 (EST)
"the cylinder may overload the cylinder," . . . what should this be? -Koiyumi
Making sense of the CP restrictions
Is this CP restriction based on your own CP? Say I have 1000 cp and a r9 Sand Burst, so would I be able to blind enemies at 0 CP to 2200 cp? (1000 of my CP + 1200 from the skill) or is the skill not affected at all by personal CP and i can only blind enemies up to 1200 CP? --Bryanneo 15:20, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
- The latter, because I tried to blind a high leveled monster that is similar in CP to me, but failed. Using it on low level CP monsters doesn't fail at all, so if you wanna blind bosses, your out of luck. --Dra6o0n 17:17, 8 April 2010 (UTC)
- At rank F, there is a 300 CP restriction. I tried and was able to always blind Young Red Fox (271 CP), but never blind Young Gray Fox (308 CP), so the meaning of the restriction is apparent. --Acru 20:46, 8 April 2010 (UTC)
Effects on PvP battles?
Does anyone know if this skill does anything on players? --Bryanneo 14:27, 1 April 2010 (UTC)
- You can use the skill in PvP, but it only does damage. There's no blinding effect. --ShadowclanxAnarchist 20:56, 10 May 2010 (UTC)
It was listed as 2.5 secs at F, though testing shows it takes 3 secs. Are the times correct for a future generation? (G11S2?) --Acru 17:41, 7 April 2010 (UTC)
- Lag probably :| --Marthian 00:11, 23 September 2010 (UTC)
The Ability to Blind things out of your CP
I notice that even with rF Sand Burst, I was able to blind a Gray Fox successfully, despite failing a lot. Maybe the CP restrictions means 100% CP chance or does Alchemy Mastery helps target monsters stronger than your CP range? --Miyuna 16:39, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
My random tests showed that I wasn't able to blind a mimic. Ever. Tested using rank 9 Sand Burst against a normal Mimic (693 CP). Anyone else discover this problem? --ZephyreTALK 09:39, 12 September 2010 (UTC)
- Well, mimics have no eyes... can you blind other things with no eyes?--Hengsheng120·TALKCONTRIBS 09:44, 12 September 2010 (UTC)
- If you can think of any other moster "without" eyes, I'll gladly test it out, within the CP restriction, of course. --ZephyreTALK 22:16, 12 September 2010 (UTC)
- You can't use Sand Burst on Barrier Spikes
- You can use the skill, but no damage or "blindness" will result
- You can use the skill and deal damage, but no "blindness" will result?
- Just curious :D --Ryo 02:11, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
- The third one. --ZephyreTALK 03:10, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
Sand Burst Cooldown Info
(Since there's no info on the cooldown time on the page) As far as manual testing goes, I've tested that with a 102ms connection, it's possible to use Sand Burst 10 times if you load another after each shot. Loading another Sand Burst allows the player to use 6 Sand Bursts before the skill goes into its cooldown state. If additional remaining shots are used once it's in its cooldown state, the cooldown timer increases.
- 0 Additional Shots: 68s
- 1 Additional Shot: 84s
- 2 Additional Shots: 97s
- 3 Additional Shots: 110s
- 4 Additional Shots: 125s
According to the line on the page, Rank A+ is enough for a hard level blinker. Those have 1200 CP though, and that's the cap for r9 Sand Burst. I assume the line is wrong? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Hecate (talk • contribs) . Please always sign your comments with the button or by typing ~~~~!
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Training||1||00:06, 19 April 2015|
|Blinding duration critical?||2||18:09, 17 November 2013|
|True Cooldown?||0||12:06, 16 July 2013|
"Succeed in blinding the opponent for a long time."
Uh... How am I supposed to accomplish that? Do I actually need Alchemy Mastery and Clay Mastery decently ranked for it?
From rank 8 onwards there's a training requirement that states "Succeed in blinding the opponent for a long time." Is there some sort of critical effect where sand burst can blind for longer than normal? Or does this just mean you need to use an clay cylinder? Also wondering if blinding duration increases at all with higher skill ranks, not just alchemy bonus from Alch mastery and clay alchemy.
This requirement for me can also be fulfilled with a normal cylinder, but the requirement gets training occasionally from time to time with consecutive sand burst use. The requirement can be fulfilled with or without critical effect.