Marketplace Shops are player-owned shops that exist in a separate channel that players can get to either manually by travel, or via teleportation.
- To find out the details of how to physically travel to the housing areas via maps, please refer to the individual marketplace areas.
|-Marketplace Teleportation Items-|
- Shopmaster's Keys and Placards, formerly and concurrently also known as Magic House Key and Flyers, are used to transport the player to the Marketplace Channel.
- Right click the placard and select "Use" to see the list and be given the option to move to the seller's Marketplace House.
- Right click the keys and select "Use" to be given the option to move to your Marketplace House.
- Both can only be used once.
- Both can be used inside of the Marketplace Channel.
- Using either outside the Marketplace Channel will create a one-time use Return Ticket that will teleport the character to their original location.
- Return Tickets will expire after 3 hours.
- You may have more than one Return Ticket, but Return Tickets do not label where they send you.
- Return Tickets can only be used inside of the Marketplace Channel.
- Shopmaster's Key never expire.
- Placards have the option of destroying an individual Placard, or all Placards at once.
- Placards expire 24 hours after the seller starts the ad.
- However, if the seller starts a new ad, the expired Placards will become usable again.
- You can only have one Shopmaster's Key at a time.
- You can only have one Placard per seller at a time.
- None of these items can be traded or stored. They can only be destroyed or used.
Marketplace Shop Board
How to use the Marketplace Shop ad board to receive a Placard:
- Open a Marketplace Shop board. They are located throughout towns in Uladh and Belvast.
- Search for an item or seller, if you don't know what you want, just click search with nothing entered.
- Click the "Receive" button beside the item, this will put the Placard in your inventory. You can take one Placard per seller listed.
- Click "Go to the Seller's Shop" to visit the seller's Marketplace Shop immediately. It can also be used at a later date. Placards expire 24 hours from when the ad was placed.
- The shop owner must have at least 1 item for sale for the Placard to be available from the shop ad board.
- The owner can ban users or entire guilds from being able to enter the shop if they choose.
Bugs and Quirks
- The return ticket holder must not mount the pet. Doing so will cause both the return ticket holder and the passengers to unmount. This is not a bug, but intentional, since the pet would normally be unsummoned on channel change.
- There is a potential for being logged out when using the Placard during busy periods of the day.
- Players on the pet will be sent to the least busy channel of numerical order (1 if not busy, 2 if 1 is, 3 if 1 and 2 are, etc.) at the moment the player with the return ticket selects a channel. If all channels are listed as Busy or none are, this will be channel 1. All passengers will arrive on the same channel.
- Newer items such as the Friend Summon Capsules and changes to Moongates and Return Tickets have generally made Placard/Flyer transportation slower than most other options.
- Before Return Tickets were updated to expire, they were a great method to access difficulty or impossible locations. These included: Tir Chonaill (Another World), Bangor (Another World), Forest of Souls, Ceo Island, Solea's Center, Bean Rua, and even Ladeca.
- Return Tickets created before the change do not expire.
- Attempting to use a Placard in a Homestead will give the notice: "It can't be used in the Shadow Realm."
For privacy purposes, the username and prices on the items has been erased to ensure the privacy of the player.