Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
Becoming a Royal Alchemist
I would like to suggest that successful or unsuccessful applicants post information here, in regards to the first selection only. Information including server they applied, their mastery level, and other pertinent information such as alchemy skill ranks or journal points. Perhaps if someone is successful where someone else is unsuccessful for the same server, it might illuminate better how the royal alchemists are chosen. For the first selection only, as there will be no re-applying royal alchemists confounding the issue, with points gained through serving as a royal alchemist. --Acru 23:49, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
- Accepted: Rank B Alchemy Mastery, rD Fragmentation, r8 Mana Crystallization, Rank A Water Cannon, Rank E Barrier Spikes, Rank F Summon Golem, Rank D Wind Blast, Rank E Synth, Rank F Life Drain, Rank E Flame Burst, Rank F Sand burst, Rank F Rain Casting, Rank D Frozen Blast, Rank 9 Metal Conversion. 1185 Journal Points. BTW check the mailbox, as it does not notify you otherwise. KisaiTenshi 08:40, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- Accepted: 895 points, r5 barrier, r6 frag/synth/conversion, r7 mastery, r9 water, rB crystallization, rC flame, rD wind/sand/rain/golem, rF drain/frozen --Acru 10:40, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- Accepted: (anon royal), 649 points, r1 flame, r2 water, r4 barrier, rB mastery, all other skills rF or rN. --Acru 01:46, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Accepted: (anon again), 205 pts, r4 water/golem, r8 flame, rA conversion, rB mastery, rC synth, rD wind/barrier/frozen, rE frag/drain/crystallization, rF sand. --Acru 01:56, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Accepted: 1145 Journal Points, r1 Golem, r6 Alchemy Mastery, r9 Water Cannon, rF/Novice everything else. IronSheep 00:21, 18 August 2010 (UTC)
- Declined: 475 points, rA water/golem, rB mastery, rC barrier, rD wind, rE golem/crystallization, rF sand/flame/rain/drain/synth, rN frozen/conversion/frag. --Acru 03:39, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Declined: Rank B Alchemy Mastery, Rank 3 Summon Golem, Rank 1 Water Cannon, Journal 8.2% complete. BladeBlade 16:17, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- Declined: Wind Blast 8, Water Cannon 5, Summon Golem 5, Barrier Spike 3, Mana crystallization 7, Alchemy Mastery A, Journal 13.7% completed. Have only done G1~G8, so guessing mainstream is heavily considered.
- Declined: Wind Blast 6, Water Cannon 1, Summon Golem 5, Barrier Spike 2, Mana Crystallization 7, Alchemy Mastery A, Journal 13.7%. Still have not done G9 up, so fairly certain that you pretty much have to have it to be accepted.
- This week I will apply with the above skills but go ahead and do G9 after to test if they consider your skills at the time of application or at the time of selection.
- Accepted:Rank 1 Water Cannon, Rank 1 Flame Burst, Rank 1 Summon Golem, Rank 1 Barrier Spikes, Rank 5 Alchemy Mastery, Rank 5 Mana Crystalization, Rank 6 Life Drain, Rank 7 Sand Burst, Rank 9 Frozen Blast, etc. with 1,430 Journal Points --Miyuna 02:49, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Accepted: journal 8.7% (565/6520), rA Alchemy mastery, r5 Water, r3 Fire, r9 wind, r4 golem, r5 spikes, rE frozen blast, rD synth, all others F. judging by this i'd say that the journal isn't the biggest, its probably more for tie breakers.--(not-so)Anonymous 16:21, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- Accepted: Rank 1 Barrier Spikes, Rank 6 Sand Burst, Rank 6 Water Cannon, Rank A Alchemy Mastery, Rank C Mana Crystallization, Rank C Synthesis, Rank D Life Drain, Rank D Frozen Blast, Rank F Wind Blast, 1460 Journal Points. (Selected September 18th) --ZephyreTALK 08:48, 18 September 2010 (UTC)
- Declined: Rank 9 Barrier Spikes; Rank C Summon Golem; Rank 1 Water Cannon; Rank Novice Frozen Blast, Heat Buster, and Shock; Rank E Chain Cylinder, Metal Conversion, and Synthesis; Rank F Life Drain, Fragmentation, Mana Crystalization, & Rain Casting. All Generations (except for 7) completed. Journal Points: 12.2% --Oculus 05:06, 27 November 2010 (PST)
- Accepted: r5 Summon Golem, r2 Barrier Spikes, rD Flame Burst, rD Wind Blast, rA Mana Crystallization, rA Alchemy Mastery, rC Synthesis, rC Fragmentation, rD Water Cannon, r5 Metal Conversion, everything else F or Novice, 15.4% in journal
- Declined: rB Alchemy Mastery, r1 Metal Conversion, everything else are F or Novice, 18.6% Journal
- Declined: rB Alchemy Mastery, everything else are F or Novice, 15.4% in journal Jessha 06:45, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- Accepted: rB Alchemy Mastery, rF Sand, rC Flame, rD Wind, r9 Water, rF Rain, rN Shock, rD Life Drain, r4 Golem, r7 Barrier, rC Frozen, rD Synth, rC Mana, rD Fragment, rE Metal, 1015 Journal Points Fracture (Selected 2nd week, 21st of August)
- Accepted: Journal 15.2% (990/6520). rB alchemy mastery, rF fragmentation, rD wind water and life drain, rC mana crystallization and synthesis, rA flame, r8 golem, r4 barrier. You are announced to be a royal alchemist when you log in and instantly get the title on the spot. The free uniform must be obtained from Sinead. I didn't actually think I would become a Royal Alchemist due to the 60 points thing. I felt like I got less; but I guess I didn't? --Dias 13:57, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- Accepted: Rank 4 alchemy mastery and r1 water and a few other skills and at most 10 points. This proves that you do not need 60 points to become one, just to keep the position. Claypot19 00:43, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Accepted: Journal 15.4%, r1 Flame Burst, r1 Rain Casting, r4 Water Cannon, r6 Sand Burst, r8 Alchemy Mastery, r8 Mana Crystallization, r9 Barrier Spikes, rC Summon Golem, rD Wind Blast, rD Frozen Blast, rD HP Drain, rN Fragmentation, rN Synthesis. Completed G1, G2, G7-G10. Don't forget guys, completion of the Mainstream quests is also factored into Royal Alchemist applications. EnigmaticFractal 22:54, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- Accepted: Journal 1325/6520. rB alchemy mastery, r7 life drain, rD summon golem, r4 water cannon, r4 barrier spikes, rC synthesis, rE mana crystallization, rD wind blast, rF fragmentation, rC flame burst, novice rain casting, rF frozen blast, rD metal conversion. All generations completed. WolfLord 18:27, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
Royal Alchemist Applications
I found this page a little messy, so I decided to make a table for you guys. If I missed anything, just add a column. I have used EnigmaticFractal's application as an example, since he also placed his generation completion.
|EnigmaticFractal||Tarlach||14 Aug 2010||Y||15.4%||Y||Y||N||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||?||8||9||1||N||D||D||8||N||1||6||N||C||N||4||D|
|IronSheep||Alexina||18 Aug 2010||Y||16.0%||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||?||6||N||N||N||N||N||F||N||N||N||N||1||F||9||N|
|(not-so)Anonymous||Mari||14 Aug 2010||Y||8.7%||N||N||N||N||N||Y||Y||N||?||A||5||3||F||E||F||F||C||F||F||N||4||D||5||9|
|Zephyre||Mari||18 Sept 2010||Y||22.4%||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||?||A||1||-||N||D||D||C||N||N||6||N||-||C||6||F|
|Vorthod (talk)||Tarlach||5 Oct 2013||N||19.3%||Y||Y||Y||N||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||B||D||B||D||F||E||A||C||D||D||N||C||F||1||D|
Take a look at the other rows if you are confused on adding another row. Use it as a template.
For "User" column, place 3 tildes (~~~)!
- You can make it much easier by putting skill icons into the table!--Dra6o0n 14:35, 17 September 2010 (UTC)
Question & Answers
Assisting with mainstream
- If you are not a Royal Alchemist, but you assist in one of the party assistable missions/dungeons, do you still receive mainstream points towards becoming a Royal alchemist? --κєνıи (»тαıĸ«) 09:53, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- No. it can't. --Juff 10:22, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
Losing your position
- If you lose your position as Royal Alchemist, will you also lose the coat and boots? --κєνıи (»тαıĸ«) 10:51, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- No. But it can't wearing. --Juff 11:04, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- Are your stats/info/etc used at the time you apply, or at the time of selection? For example, if I apply when all my skills are rank F, but I get them all to rank 1 before Saturday, which would be taken into account?
Shadow Mission Assistance
- Can more than one Royal Alchemist aid another player in a solo Shadow mission? For example, having TWO Royal Alchemists come along on a solo Shadow Mission? Or is it limited to just one? owo;04:59, 15 August 2010 (UTC)Th3Evil5Ponge
- I doubt it since the missions holds slots for players, and maybe royal alchemists just adds or uses a slot as a special exception... Like G10 final, which is a solo, but adds a slot for royal.--Dra6o0n 07:33, 16 August 2010 (UTC)
After G12S2, there will be a slight change.
I think that needs a bit more clarification.--(not-so)Anonymous 08:57, 21 August 2010 (UTC)
- Additional Journal Points. Basically anyone who does all level of shadow mission difficulty (basically a person who qualifies for hard mode) will have more qualification <via Journal Points> than an adv or below person. --Miyuna 11:38, 21 August 2010 (UTC)
I heard you're also able to dye the Royal Alchemist Robe after G12S2 though I don't know if that's true. --ShadowclanxAnarchist 21:56, 31 August 2010 (UTC)
losing the position.
Some one told me that if you don't wear the title for a certain amount of time you can lose the position regardless of weather or not you have 60 points. I took what he said with a grain of saltbut i figured it might be worth mentioning here since it makes sense in context.--(not-so)Anonymous 11:17, 3 September 2010 (UTC)
- Was able to retain my position, despite only using "who Saved the Goddess" (for crit) and "Bear Slayer in a Single Blow" (for damage) for a week. --Miyuna 13:02, 3 September 2010 (UTC)
Perhaps the position of Royal Alchemist would go to the 100 people that spent the most AP on Alchemy, with the Journal acting as a tiebreaker. Or (and) certain skills that are harder to train would get a modifier that raises their importance when it comes to deciding who's an RA and who isn't.--Ashsaber 21:06, 8 October 2010 (UTC)
I used Mindcrime (an Elite Vates character created as an alt, main account Vengencia) and was able to acheive Royal Alchemist, even though my journal points aren't that high. Only 1780 out of 16055. However, i currently have 17 rank 1 skills in Alchemy, and the Vates Talent title. I believe Journal points are most likely a tie breaker, or they contribute at a much lower rate than skills do. Vengencia 17 January 2015 (UTC)
RA's and Mainstream Quest rewards.
Do RA's receive the gold/experience rewards when they assist someone with their mainstream quest?
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Time of application being submitted||0||03:02, 17 January 2015|
|Professor J Update Question||2||09:49, 31 January 2014|
|First Uniform||1||14:52, 4 October 2013|
|Uniform||0||22:30, 6 June 2012|
|The Male's RA||0||14:45, 1 August 2011|
|Postpone obtaining uniform possible?||0||18:40, 10 January 2011|
|Idea to include in main page?||2||12:33, 7 November 2010|
I have noticed personally that if I submit the application at the end of the week before Samhain, that my chances of a successful application are almost negligible. However if I apply at the start of the week, and then play as if I am a RA, my chances are pretty much guaranteed. Please note that I have been playing the position of Royal Alchemist from since it first came out, until today. My IGN is Loliruri of Mari server. Anybody else noticed this?
Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but do we know if the four new alchemy skills added in the recent update contribute any points to the Royal Alchemist selection process? Does having them improve the chances of being selected as an RA?
It's not a stupid question. But considering the fact that its based off your Alchemy Skills and Journal Points, it's hard to tell. I don't think many people want to go through the process of only ranking vate skills, just to test that out, and even then we would't be 100% sure. Nexon hasn't posted something related to that, either.
http://mabinogi.nexon.net/Community/forums#%2Fshowthread.php%3F1092159-Royal-Alchemist-and-Vates%26p%3D9247124%23post9247124 I asked the forum, a mod may reply. .3.
If it is your first time being a Royal Alchemist, do you have to pay for the first uniform & boots?
When you are accepted as a royal alchemist, you don't have to get the uniform, correct?
If so, if that royal alchemist gets rejected without ever obtaining the uniform, can s/he reobtain the uniform from sinead like the first time when s/he becomes a royal alchemist again? (i.e. Does s/he have to pay for the uniform if s/he never actually obtained it the first time?)
Uhh.. sorry.. first time editing a wiki and the syntax and formatting is as CONFUSING as.. yeah.
- Was just wondering if we should include the minimal requirements for Sinead even considering you for a Royal Alchemist position. I tried (see Nimoneux in the chart above) and she said she wants someone more knowledgeable in Alchemy. (Or maybe we don't need to include it due to the fact you have to compete with... a hecka lotta buncha other people to get a position?)
The page already states that you need rank B Alchemy Mastery (first line under "How to become a Royal Alchemist" - yours in the table was rank F), so unless there's another requirement that I'm not aware of, there's not much else to add.