Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
NOTICE: Seems like daily VIP shadow missions may be wrong occasionally!!
I'm blocking like thousands of bot accounts so if you were accidentally banned please get on the Discord and ping Kadalyn!
Talk:Guard Cylinders List
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Can use with Charge?||0||15:08, 7 September 2014|
|Guard cylinders have almost all of the same properties as shields do||5||02:04, 30 November 2013|
|Shield?||38||18:36, 7 October 2013|
What functions of shields do guard cylinders not have?
I've messed around with them for only about 5 mins, but from what I've seen so far, it literally functions as a shield with a normal cylinder strapped onto it. The only difference is the kind of defense and protection it gives, so there's no difference in functionality.
Not that upgrades are equipment-type dependent other than clothing/armor.
Upgrades wouldn't be classified as functions anyway. Just saying.
- Is Charge possible with Guard Cylinder?
- Is there a defense boost when using Defense with Guard Cylinder?
- Does ping occur when using Defense with Guard Cylinder?
Still not sure about the second question but yes to the first and last. Wooden guard cylinders are sold from Eabha and maybe the girl in Tara, Levi/Rebis Guard Cylinders are from login events. (Which are like hot time events but you have to CC/log in during the event time to get it, not just be on. And you only get one per account.)
- Can Wind Guard be used with a Guard Cylinder?
- Can Guard Cylinder be used with a Lance for Giants?
- How effective are the log-in special Guard Cylinders?
- I'll try to find out.
- Unfortunately, yes giants can use guard cylinders with lances and two handed swords.
- Both guard cylinders have no effect on damage at all. However, the differences are:
- Rebis has 2 more base magic protection (they both have 2 base magic def, and 0 def/prot).
- Regular guard cylinder has 2 regular upgrades and a gem upgrade, Rebis has 3 regular upgrades and a gem upgrade. (I'm not entirely sure if they are allowed to have two gem upgrades like shields.)
- 0 upgrade on a regular guard cylinder has to be 5% melee, 1 and 2 can be either 5% ranged or magic for both. The gem upgrade I know of is +2 durability.
- Rebis Guard Cylinder has the same upgrades, but also regular cylinder's Weight Reduction 1, 2, and 3. (Not 4 and 5.) It also has regular cylinder's Trigger Charge upgrade, and an artisan that increases HP, MP, SP, and crit.
- No defensive upgrades for either of them.
I think he meant unsurprisingly, because.. you know.. they're shields... what aspects of them aren't like normal shields (other than the obvious cylinder stuff and the mdef/mprot, but that isn't even because it's a guard cylinder)?
Unfortunately because it greatens the gap between human and giant melee, They should be closing the gaps. . . Unsurprisingly because ya, they're pretty much identical shields but without the def/prot upgrades.
Confirmed, there is defensive boosts when using a guard cylinder iwth defense compared to barheanded with defense (at rN shield Mastery), and you can use windbreaker with a guard cylinder.
Are the hidden defense bonuses are the same as a normal shield? That's awfully strange since it provides magic defense...
If that's true, then its just unfortunate too how there's a even greater gap between shields and guard cylinders.
We have no way of determining how much def/prot/etc it gives, only that there is an unexplained damage reduction which points to hidden defensive stats.
Wat? You talking about the hidden stats?
Ya, why? Know how to find them? They weren't in itemdb last I had checked.
How'd we obtain the hidden stat values for the individual shields in the first place?
Do you seriously not understand what the typo meant or did you just want to show how little you know?
I can't help you out if it's the latter.
Nope to either, I am simply pointing out your mistake.
So glad to see that even after being gone for half a year, nothing's really changed >_>
Welcome back to the insanity that is, Mabinogi world Wiki's discussion pages :D...
Ehh that aside, I do have one question: While Guard Cylinders fully function as a shield, while with the benefit of a cylinder, would it benefit from both cylinder and shield enchants? I think I might have overlooked something around here.
Yeah...I found that shortly after looking at the page. Another thing, why is that note about tower cylinders there? o-o;; it's not like you can equip anything in that slot anyways when a tower is equipped...
Because stupidity is in the air~ Take a deep breath!
Didn't even notice that edit until you just mentioned it.
Did someone call? Anyway, the only justification I can think of for that is because the term "Cylinder" subjectively refers to all Cylinders as evident of the Cylinder List page. I dunno, just saiyan...nib
According to the Tower Cylinders page, they're one-handed weapons. That means you can equip something on the left-hand slot with it, no?
On the other hand, Puppet Handles are one handed weapons but cannot be given shields.
DevCAT has really odd classifications of weapons. I guess its expected since they screwed up with instruments.
I'm wondering, do they benefit from Shield Mastery as well as guard cylinder mastery, or just GC mastery?
...no point in an article if you're not going to read it.
Oh yes, it's the second bullet. Just woke up, eyes went right past it.
Which can be dyed and which cannot , or can they not be dyed?
Part A and B are armor metal. Part C is cloth. This applies to both.
Also, one of its dye spots determines the color of a summoned Uroborus. (Please don't dye your guard cylinder flashy, thank you.)