Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
NOTICE: Seems like daily VIP shadow missions may be wrong occasionally!!
"one does not truly quit mabi; something interesting shows up that catches their attention for maybe a week or so, then they're off again"
unless you're greav
Status on Mabinogi: active
Status on the Wiki: semi-active
|This user page has been under construction for a few years now. Please watch for falling debris while you read this message, and try not to fall through holes in some of the code.|
|This user has been ninja'd by Anemki 6 times.|
|Protip: Don't rely on your alpaca as a getaway mount.|
What I do on this Wiki
I only started actively contributing on the wiki starting in 2012, but I've been around since 2010. I usually upload/replace screenshots and make small edits, such as adding dye info, resell price, etc. I've also been known to take on big projects randomly.
If I end up screwing up an edit, or if my info is a bit off, please let me know. Also, since I'm here to contribute to the wiki, please don't take it personally if I edit/correct what you post, or reupload any screenshots.
Feel free to send me a note on Mabi if you have any questions.
It's nice to have some info on a person if you end up talking to them. (At least it is in my opinion anyway :D...)
- Name: Tony
- Age: 22
- Location: Canada
- Gender: Male
- knows how to program in Java, C, C++, Linux, Ruby, Python, SQL, html*, css* and some wiki markup
*if you're asked at an interview if you know how to "program in html/css", just nod your head if the interviewer is not a programmer
- Usually found in Ch.6 or Ch.1 Mari
- Often lurking near Dunbarton Square, running around in Shadow Missions, or afking at my Homestead.
Contributions Worth Mentioning
Below is a small list of mentionable things that I've done since joining in 2011.
- - Prefers Sheep Robes over Hebona Robes
- - Dangerous (Spammy + accurate) with a bow
- - Tends to find rare/valuable items discarded on the ground
- dragon shield, hebona robe, pre-nerf focused rainbow beam sword, the list goes on...
- - Frequently uses spirit bow awakening to nuke random targets
- Grave with Violets -
While most people lose items in a crash, I lose questsAfter 3 years, I got the quest back :/
- Has over 30 pets
- Still lacks inventory space, even with an additional 10 alt accounts
The skills below are of my elf only. A skill with a gold background means that I've obtained the master title for it.
Mabinogi Wiki Policy
It should come as no surprise that this Wiki has a policy. Most of the things outlined in the policy are just common sense, so there really is no excuse if you do something vulgar.
If you plan on uploading images that aren't for your personal user page, then make sure they follow the policy. Don't be a pain in this wiki's ass.
Some rules outlined in the image policy:
- Names are hidden.
- No parts of the item you're taking a screenshot of should be dyed black or white unless that part can't be dyed or it's a special-coloured version.
- Zoom in on what you're going to take a screenshot of.
- Do NOT take screenshots while Mabinogi is the active application.
- No gestures/special stances (unless you're taking a screenshot of the stance specifically).
Also, although it isn't explicitly stated, if you're going to replace an image due to zoom, make sure that the image you are uploading is not:
- only slightly more zoomed in. (Unnoticeable unless you press your face against the screen)
- overly zoomed in with respect to the item's size. (We don't need an image that's 2MB and takes up half a page when the item itself lacks intricate details and fits in the character's hands)
Things to Keep in Mind
When taking part in discussions on talk pages, there are a few things one should keep in mind.
- Proofread what you're about to submit. A few typos here and there are fine on talk pages, but having contradicting arguments isn't.
- If a large number of people say you're wrong in a discussion, chances are that you're wrong.
- Think twice before hitting reply. On this wiki, everything you type and post will be just a few clicks away, so don't be surprised if people bring up stuff you said a while ago.
- If you can't take criticism or are going to be wilfully ignorant, then don't take part in discussions. Simple enough. The talk pages are there for open-minded discussion.
- Stick to using words that you actually know the meaning of, and can use properly when making a reply. While it may seem obvious at first, the amount of contributors who throw large words into their replies in an attempt to sound smarter is stupidly high. Not only will you make a fool of yourself, and your intended message will be lost in a sea of face palms.
- Avoid making threats. If you need to resort to making petty threats (i.e. quitting, camping, spamming, etc.), then don't participate in discussions.
- You are only one editor among many. Unless you are an admin, thinking too highly of one's own role on this wiki will usually lead to posting of hilarious replies. (Hilarious for others, not so much for you)