- Passively causes melee attacks to Poison the target, steadily draining the target's HP over time.
- Poison rate is ?.
- Damage is based on the target's HP; the higher the monster's current HP, the more it loses, and vice-versa.
- Poison ignores defensive stats and Mana Shield.
- This makes poison effective on enemies with high HP and defensive stats.
- Poison cannot lower a targets HP past 1.
- If the target has 1 HP, the poison will do no damage and display a 0 for Poison damage.
- Poison damage cannot score criticals.
- Not be confused with Mirage Missile's shock state or Dischord's sustained damage.
- Attacks blocked with the Defense and Counterattack skills will not inflict Poison status.
- Certain monsters may have a resistance to poison, or will be immune altogether.
- Resistance is a percent value and reduces poison damage by that percent.
- Targets that are immune to poison will never become poisoned.
- Antidote Potions, Respite, Berserk, and Holy Shower can cure poisons, though Respite has a specific chance.
- Players can gain Poison Attack by applying a Poison Bottle or Potion on their weapon, by using the Venom Sword, or having a Coral Cobra or Desert Cobra pet.
- Poison Attack through a poisoned weapon only works on melee or archery attacks.
- The poison effect on a poisoned weapon is temporary and wears off after ?.
- The Venom Sword passively and permanently hosts a poison effect.