- For an explanation of how to restore fossils, go here.
2 × 2
An ancient stone that has withstood years of weathering because of the rugged volcanic rocks that cover its surface. Animal bones that are partially protruding outwards can be seen.
Methods to Obtain
All of the following monsters are within the same map. For their specific locations, click their respective links.
- With a Pickaxe equipped, fossils can be mined from three locations:
- The Sulfur Pits, albeit there is a higher chance to get Sulfur Ore instead.
- Flaming rocks around Raspa Volcano, provided it is raining, which extinguishes fire on the rocks to allow mining. Flint has a higher chance to be mined.
- Sulfur Golems, which provides the best chance to get fossils, but also poses the risk of being attacked and killed whether precautions have been taken or not.
- It is possible to trap a Sulfur Golem on the sulfur rocks near a sulfur vent and mine the Golem from behind the rocks (this position will also negate the local effect of Stomp, if the Golem is able to execute it).
- Elves can use Hide when a Golem aggros them, allowing them to gather fossils quickly and effectively without any need for combat.
- If multiple players mine the Sulfur Golems without killing them, the chance for fossils will decrease and will regenerate at a slow rate. If possible, all golems in the area should be killed whilst respawns are actively tracked.
- A Master Bard with rank 1 Lullaby and Harvest Song can put golems to sleep long enough to strip them of all fossils.
- An escape plan (such as a fast mount) is recommended in case the golem wakes up early.
- See Fossil Restoration for information on the minigame.
|Name||Total Materials Needed to Make||Rank|
|Fossil Piece of an Ancient Spirit x3||Fragment of the Stone Spirit Monolith x1 Fossil x2**||B|
|Ancient Spirit Fossil||Crystal of Stone Spirit x1
- The two fossils used for synthesis must be different. If one pair of fossils does not show the recipe image then try switching fossils until you see it. Or check fossils before hand by clicking restore then typing /logout to preserve it in an unrefined form. Also when placing the fossils in the synthesis window you will see either Fossil x2 or Fossil x1 Fossil x1, two instances of the word fossil indicate two different types are being used.
- Fossils may have to be a particular type in order for the recipe to work.