Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
Tuatha de Danann
|This article contains spoilers.|
If you do not wish to read further, please return to the home page.
Tuatha de Dananns (meaning People of the Goddess Danu, also written as Tuatha Dé Danann) are the descendants of the Partholon, one of the original inhabitants of Erinn along with the Fomor and the Tir Bolgs. They live alongside with Milletians, foreign inhabitants of Erinn.
The Partholons were the ancestors of the Tuatha de Dananns. According to Shakespeare's Journal, Shakespeare led the children of the Partholons away from the epidemic that killed their ancestors, and these descendants soon became the Tuatha de Danann.
The Tuatha de Dananns are at war with the Fomorians. They had also battled and succeeded against the Tir Bolg in the first battle of Mag Tuireadh, according to the book The Goddess Who Turned into Stone.
The Tuatha de Dananns still exist in present day.
According to Tarlach in his book, Tarlach's Record, Tuatha de Danann age much slower than Milletians. Also, according to him and Ruairi, Tuatha de Danann that somehow come in contact with the Soul Stream inherit Milletian traits, including rapid aging.
Despite being allied with the Milletians, Tuatha de Danann often disregard their heroic actions, ignore their warnings, and/or even believe that they are the main cause of horrid events occurring on Erinn.
- In the Irish Mythology, the Tuatha Dé Dananns were the fifth group to settle in Ireland, taking it from the Fir Bolgs.
- In the Irish Mythology, the city of Falias, the Spear of Lugh (Brionac), the Sword of Nuada (Claíomh Solais), and the Magic Cauldron were the four treasures (or jewels) of the Tuatha Dé Danann.
- Some in-game books use other spellings of Tuatha de Danann, such as, Tuatha dé Danann, Tuatha de Danaan and Tuatha de Denaan. Tuatha dé Danann appears to be the correct spelling for the real-world Irish mythology, according to searches on Google and Wikipedia, however Nexon predominately uses Tuatha de Danann in-game.
- Despite Ruairi's claims of a Tuatha de Danann inheriting Milletian traits upon coming in contact with the Soul Stream, Cai was not affected.
- According to Tarlach in his book, Tarlach's Record, he claims that Tuatha de Dananns are incapable of remembering reborn Milletians. He also claims that they perceive time differently; what may be one year for a Tuatha de Danann could be 365 years for a Milletian. Additionally, Milletians are generally more aggressive than Tuatha de Dananns.