Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
|Occupation||Chief of Tir Chonaill|
(Outside Chief's House)
|Track||Experience Turns Gold|
An elderly man watches over the town with a soft, confident gaze. While his leathery skin and gray hair are indicative of his long life, his eyes retain a youthful twinkle. When he speaks, his voice resonates with gentle authority.
Duncan is the town chief of Tir Chonaill. His silver-ivory hair and wrinkles make it evident that he is greatly aged. His defiant physique, however, reminds others of his distinguished past. According to Nao, he used to be a master archer.
Esteemed for his profound wisdom and experience, residents of Tir Chonaill and Milletians often drop by his house for consultation and advice. He is surely the venerable and trustworthy father figure for all townspeople.
- Duncan has a Lost and Found service for Tir Chonaill.
- Players may register for the Tir Chonaill Guardian Guild Tournament through him.
|How to Get Quest||
Reach cumulative level 100
|Briefing||You're making good progress on the storyline! If you want to switch to a different storyline, come and see me. - Duncan -|
By talking to Duncan and using the "Select Storyline" button, players can begin Mainstream quests without having to complete the previous ones. For example, players can start the Generation 2 storyline before they have completed the Generation 1 storyline, and do both quest lines simultaneously. This does not complete previous storylines, they will still need to be done to obtain any rewards or transformations.
The button only appears when another storyline is available.
- Duncan does not allow you to start storylines past Generation 16; Instead, the Story Selection window does.
|G2 Paladin||Cumulative level 100+|
|G3 Dark Knight||Cumulative level 170+|
|G9 Alchemist||Cumulative level 260+|
|G10 Goddess of Light||Cumulative level 320+|
|G11 Sword of the Gods||Cumulative level 380+ |
|G12 Return of the Hero||Cumulative level 450+ |
|G13 Hamlet||Cumulative level 510+|
|G14 Romeo and Juliet||Cumulative level 570+|
|G15 Merchant of Venice||Cumulative level 640+|
|G16 Macbeth||Cumulative level 700+|
It is no doubt that Duncan's history is a famed and glorious one. However, the specifics of his heroism are largely shrouded in mystery.
- On Alban Heruin (Wednesdays), the daily effect of a 5% reduction to NPCs' shop prices will apply.
- Traditional Men Costume
- Lorica Sandals
|Experience Turns Gold|
Speaking to Duncan
- Duncan is a variant of the Scottish Gaelic name Donnchadh or the Irish Donncha.
- It is a combination of the word donn (meaning brown or brown-haired, except in literature where it can also mean chief or noble) and the word chadh which is likely a form of the word cath (meaning battle or troop).
- His introduction was changed from the following: A gray beard and long hair shade the deep wrinkles lining the chief's forehead. He definitely looks like an elderly man with decades of untold experiences. But his beaming eyes defy his age, and his deep voice resounds with dignity and authority no young ones dare to disobey.
- Duncan used to offer a Skill Reset option that would reset all Skill Ranks, behaving identically to an All Skill Reset Capsule. This was removed with the NEXT New Beast Update.
- This service was free for Characters under a Cumulative Level of 1,000. For other players, it costed more Gold the more times one used this service (capping at 1,650,000).