From Mabinogi World Wiki
(Redirected from Hot Air Balloon)
- The Small Hot-Air Balloon Kit costs 650 Gold and can only carry two riders.
- The Large Hot-Air Balloon Kit costs 3,420 Gold and can carry up to 8 riders. It also has ballistae that players may use to shoot Ballista Bolts, which Kelpie also sells.
- Wyverns fly in the western side of Zardine and will engage players and their balloons. Likewise, the players can also attack the wyverns.
- When the balloon is landing, the wyvern's attacks are unable to hit the player, but the player also cannot attack back.
- Wyverns can only be hit with Archery, Icebolt, Firebolt, Lightning Bolt, Throwing Attack, Water Cannon, or Sand Burst.
- The player usually needs to be within roughly 10 altitude meters in order to hit the wyvern.
- Killing a wyvern nets the player stars. These can be turned into Kelpie for rewards.
- Fire Wyverns are worth 5 stars each.
- Lightning Wyverns are worth 4 stars each.
- Ice Wyverns are worth 3 stars each.
- Wyverns with titles such as "the Hungry" give double the amount of stars as normal untitled ones.
- Stars are equally divided amongst each player; the more players on the balloon, the fewer stars earned, though it may be easier to hunt with more players.
- If the player enters another balloon, leaves Zardine, changes channels, or logs off, all stars earned will disappear.
- The Wyverns tend to do drive-by attacks. The best time to shoot a Magnum Shot would be right as they come in to attack.
- Rank 1 in Celestial Spike can kill most untitled wyverns in one use.
- It may be prudent to have a player or two using the corresponding Magic Shield skills when the Wyverns swoop in.
- You may also use the ballistae to shoot at the Wyverns. Better bolts can be obtained as a reward for hunting Wyverns.
- However, the ballistae becomes overshadowed by high ranks in wyvern fighting skills.
- Unless you have a mid- to high-ranked archer operating a ballista, very little damage is done even if using Poison Tip Wyvern Ballista Bolts.
- A +4 Chain Casted Firebolt can easily take down Ice Wyverns in 1 or 2 hits.
- A high ranked Water Cannon and Chain Cylinder can help against Lightning and Fire Wyverns.
- Demigod skills do not work on the balloons, however demigod can help boost recovery.
- Playing Dead can help, but beware of the wyvern's splash damage.
- If the player wishes to escape, they can set a steering path and then Play Dead.
- Gearing all nine equipment slots, all elemental-enhanced of the same type, will negate the wyvern's damage to 1. For example, having Ice-enhanced gear will negate Ice Wyvern's damage to 1.
- However, Ice Wyvern's attacks will still freeze the player.
- This may not work if there are multiple types of wyverns in one area.
|Five normal Stars are one Big Star.|
- Your score will determine your rewards.
- You'll always be offered the item in bold. You have a small chance to get one or more of the other items listed.
- Partial stars are rounded down. ie. Half of a star = 0 star
|#||Name||Hint Description||Hint Requirement||Title Description||Requirement(s)||Effects|
|24||the Daring Hot-air Balloon Pilot||Try to push the burner's capacity to its max.||Add fuel with less than 10 seconds until crashing.||Whew, for a moment there, it seemed like the burner was going to give out, but somehow, you did it!||Add fuel when the balloon is about to crash.
Note: Fuel must be added within the last second before the balloon completely runs out to earn the title, 8 seconds after the fuel bar turns completely black.
Int +5, Luck +5
|90||the Wyvern Hunter||Title given by Kelpie to those who collect a large amount of Wyvern Claws.||Defeat a wyvern while Hot Air Ballooning.||You delivered a whooping 1000 Wyvern Claws to Kelpie.||Turn in 1000 Wyvern Claws to Kelpie.
Note: You will be giving him the claws.