Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Charlie C., Coty C., our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
Gems are special items used for feeding Spirit Weapons. They can also be used to upgrade most weapons, provided all the size requirements are met. When upgrading weapons, the smallest gem in your inventory will be used first.
All monsters with the Ancient title have a chance of dropping Gems 10.00 cm in size and Diamonds of various sizes.
Monsters from the Baltane mission: "Nowhere to Run" on either Basic or Elite will drop gems ranging from sizes 3 centimeters to 4 centimeters. Gems known to have dropped are Emeralds, Spinels, Rubies, and Aquamarines.
|Beach Type||Weather||Time||Gem Type||Appearance|
- If you give gems to NPCs, they will give items in return. Go to individual NPCs pages for item specifics.
- Talk to NPCs using "Gem" keyword to find out which gem they prefer; all of them like Diamonds.
Spirit Weapon Gifts
- Giving a gem to your Spirit Weapon will raise the EXP of the Social stat plus one to four other stats.
- The actual equation for the raise exp is : EXP = gem size(CM)^1.2 + Gem able to give state + Grown able state
- A calculator for the exp given for specific levels of the stats of each type of Spirit Weapon and the equivalent amount of gold a regular item would have to be worth to give the same amount of experience can be found here: 
- Certain spirits like certain gems
- Abstract: Male Blunts like Jasper, Female Blunts like Topaz, Male Bows like Aquamarine, Female Bows like Ruby, Male Cylinders like Topaz, Female Cylinders like Garnets, Male Swords like Garnets, Female Swords like Spinel, Male Wands like Emerald, and Female Wands like Sapphire.
- A larger gem will give more stat experience than a smaller gem.
- Growth to a single stat gives 128 base EXP. Two stats gives 80 each. Three stats gives 64 each. 4 stats gives 32 to int and dex, 48 to will, and 96 to luck. Diamonds (5 stats) gives 320 to each stat.
- The more stats a gem raises, the more social EXP is raised.
- Certain spirits like certain gems
- The gem that gives the most total EXP is bolded. Second place is in italics.
|Diamond||Int, Dex, Will, Luck, Str|
|Jasper||Int, Dex, Will, Luck||Str, Int, Dex||Int, Dex||Will, Luck||Str, Int, Dex||Int, Dex||Int, Luck||Will||Str||Str, Dex|
|Star Sapphire||Str, Dex||Int, Luck||Will||Str||Int, Luck||Will||Str, Int, Dex||Int, Dex||Will, Luck||Int, Dex, Will, Luck|
|Ruby||Int, Luck||Will||Str||Int, Dex, Will, Luck||Will, Luck||Str,Dex||Int, Dex||Will, Luck||Str, Dex||Str, Int, Dex|
|Aquamarine||Will||Str||Int, Dex, Will, Luck||Str, Int, Dex||Int, Dex||Will, Luck||Will, Luck||Str, Dex||Int, Luck||Int, Dex|
|Garnet||Will, Luck||Str, Dex||Int, Luck||Will||Str||Int, Dex, Will, Luck||Int, Dex, Will, Luck||Str, Int, Dex||Int, Dex||Str|
|Topaz||Str||Int, Dex, Will, Luck||Str, Int, Dex||Int, Dex||Int, Dex, Will, Luck||Str, Int, Dex||Str, Dex||Int, Luck||Will||Will, Luck|
|Spinel||Int, Dex||Will, Luck||Str, Dex||Int, Luck||Str, Dex||Int, Luck||Str||Int, Dex, Will, Luck||Str, Int, Dex||Will|
|Emerald||Str, Int, Dex||Int, Dex||Will, Luck||Str, Dex||Will||Str||Will||Str||Int, Dex, Will, Luck||Int, Luck|
- The amount of exp given by each gem is in order from highest to lowest. This factors in the multiplier for the stat. Bold indicates a very large EXP growth (150+). Faded indicates a growth of less than 100.
|Blunt||Male||Topaz, Star Sapphire, Emerald||Ruby, Spinel, Emerald, Jasper||Spinel, Star Sapphire, Emerald, Jasper||Aquamarine, Garnet, Jasper||Jasper, Ruby, Garnet|
|Female||Aquamarine, Garnet, Jasper||Star Sapphire, Emerald, Jasper, Topaz||Emerald, Garnet, Jasper, Topaz||Ruby, Spinel, Topaz||Topaz, Star Sapphire, Spinel|
|Bow||Male||Ruby, Spinel, Topaz||Garnet, Jasper, Topaz, Aquamarine||Jasper, Spinel, Topaz, Aquamarine||Star Sapphire, Emerald, Aquamarine||Aquamarine, Garnet, Emerald|
|Female||Star Sapphire, Emerald, Aquamarine||Spinel, Topaz, Aquamarine, Ruby||Topaz, Emerald, Aquamarine, Ruby||Garnet, Jasper, Ruby||Ruby, Spinel, Jasper|
|Cylinder||Male||Garnet, Spinel, Jasper||Aquamarine, Star Sapphire, Jasper, Topaz||Aquamarine, Spinel, Jasper, Topaz||Emerald, Ruby, Topaz||Topaz, Ruby, Star Sapphire|
|Female||Emerald, Ruby, Topaz||Spinel, Jasper, Topaz, Garnet||Jasper, Ruby, Topaz, Garnet||Star Sapphire, Aquamarine, Garnet||Garnet, Aquamarine, Spinel|
|Sword||Male||Spinel, Topaz, Star Sapphire||Jasper, Ruby, Star Sapphire, Garnet||Ruby, Topaz, Star Sapphire, Garnet||Emerald, Aquamarine, Garnet||Garnet, Jasper, Aquamarine|
|Female||Emerald, Aquamarine, Garnet||Topaz, Star Sapphire, Garnet, Spinel||Star Sapphire, Aquamarine, Garnet, Spinel||Jasper, Ruby, Spinel||Spinel, Topaz, Ruby|
|Wand||Male||Jasper, Ruby, Spinel||Aquamarine, Garnet, Spinel, Emerald||Garnet, Ruby, Spinel, Emerald||Topaz, Star Sapphire, Emerald||Emerald, Aquamarine, Star Sapphire|
|Female||Garnet, Jasper, Ruby||Emerald, Aquamarine, Ruby, Star Sapphire||Aquamarine, Jasper, Ruby, Star Sapphire||Spinel, Topaz, Star Sapphire||Star Sapphire, Emerald, Topaz|