|This article is currently being updated.
This article is being heavily updated due to new content or is being heavily worked on. This article may contain inaccurate information as well as discrepancies.
Gathering is the method of obtaining raw materials used for many Life skills.
- Most gathering skills can be made more efficient by training the respective skill.
- Gathering requires a specific Gathering Tool to be equipped or the hands to be empty, based on the item being gathered.
- Same-type Weapons can be substituted for Gathering Tools. For example, any Sword can be used instead of a Gathering Knife to shear the sheep found near most towns.
- Gathering reduces an item's Durability much faster than Combat, so it is recommended that players only use Gathering Tools to save money on purchases and repairs.
- Gathering skills consume Stamina at a rate of 1 point per second.
- This means that reducing a tool's gathering time through upgrades will also reduce the Stamina required to gather a material.
- Stamina still regenerates while gathering is in progress, making stamina consumption less drastic.
- You must have at least 3 Stamina to execute any gathering skill, regardless of how much Stamina that skill will consume.
- All Life Skill Talents provides experience upon successful gathering.
- Gathering success rates are increased by Alban Heruin (Wednesday) and rainy weather.
- Dexterity does not influence gathering rates.
- Rain also increases the amount of materials that can be gathered at one location.
- Success rates for gathering elementals will always be 100%.
Gathering speed and limits
- All gathering objects have a limited number of resources that regenerate over time.
- Attempting to gather further than the limit will display a fail message and still consume the durability of the tool used to gather.
- Gathering efficiency can be increased by Upgrading gathering tools, although not all gathering tools can be upgraded.
- Gathering Speed Booster Potion can be used in tandem with Harvest Song and corresponding tool upgrades to make the gathering speed faster.
- In most cases, only one specific tool may be used to collect items from their corresponding resources.
See Category:Gathering Tools for more information.
- These resources may be obtained by having the player manually collect them, without requiring the use of a tool.
|Base amount per node*
*Some gathering spots may have an heightened amount of gather attempts, such as putting adjacent herb patches to a corresponding tree in a Homestead or using the Phantasmal Sight Technique.
**Only Available during Doki Doki Events.