- A active skill that allows monsters to move and/or attack very high off the ground and in place.
- While flying, monsters cannot be hit by any attack except for Archery Skills, Throwing Attack, Sand Burst, Wings of Rage, Grapple Shot, Bullet Storm, Shuriken Charge, Celestial Spike and Shooting Rush.
- There are some exceptions to where the flying monster can be hit with Dual Gun Mastery.
- Red Dragon's flight is an exception in that it cannot be attacked during flight.
- The monster can use the following skills while in Flight: Teleportation, Dragon Fireball, Meteor, Rain of Thunder, Beholder Beam Attack, Spear of Light, Fury of Light, Light of Sword, Black Dragon's Breath, Holy Pilgrimage, White Dragon's Breath.
- Monsters cannot move while in Flight, though there are some exceptions.
- Wyverns can move in the air freely.
- If a Blinker uses its Beholder Beam and the target tries to move away, the Blinker will follow its target.
- When a Dragon appears, it "flies" in. Likewise, when it flees or its spawn time runs out, it will "fly" away.
- In some cases, if a Dragon roams too far from its initial spawn area, it will fly back to the original area it flew in.