Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Charlie C., Coty C., our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
Advancement Test Hall
The Advancement Test Hall is an academy located in northern Emain Macha, surrounded by numerous evergreen trees.
- Players who have rank 1 in particular skills can take a difficult test to qualify for an upper title rank that states you are skilled enough to pass a test on a certain level.
The following skills may be tested:
|Combat||Combat Mastery, Charge, Counter, Defense, Smash, Windmill, Assault Slash, Lance Charge,|
|Magic||Firebolt, Icebolt, Lightning Bolt, Fireball, Ice Spear, Thunder, Lightning Rod, Healing|
|Life||Tailoring, Blacksmithing, Potion Making, Hillwen Engineering, Magic Craft|
|Alchemy||Water Cannon, Sand Burst, Flame Burst|
|Martial Arts||Charging Strike, Spinning Uppercut, Pummel|
|Puppetry||Act 4: Rising Action, Act 6: Crisis|
|Dual Guns||Flash Launcher, Shooting Rush|
|Ninja||Shuriken Charge, Kunai Storm|
|Chain||Death Mark, Spinning Slasher|
- Dan ranks require AP, and improve each skill in some way (Additional Stats, or skill effectiveness/damage).
- You will receive prefix titles for having Dan ranks.
- The prefix titles boost the positive effects of master titles.
- The skill you are trying to advance must be Rank 1 in order to take the Advancement Test. You do not need to master the skill to take the test, however you do need to train the skill to at least 100 points.
- All skill training will be reset for a particular skill after each Dan rank achieved after rank 1.
- This means you must retrain a skill to at least 100 points between every rank past 1.
- All skill training will be reset for a particular skill after each Dan rank achieved after rank 1.
- Speak to the Advancement Guide, inside the Advancement Test Hall, to apply for a particular skill's test.
Applying for an Advancement Exam
- The cost of each test depends on the Dan rank.
|Dan 1||Dan 2||Dan 3|
- Exams are available at the Advancement Arena every day at any time.
- To begin an Advancement Exam, speak to the Advancement Guide and choose the skill you wish to advance.
- To pass the exam, you use the skill being tested to score points.
- You may only pass one exam per day.
- This resets at 7:00am PST100.
- If you exit before the test ends, it will not count as a pass for the day.
- If you do not score at least A rank, it will not count as a pass for the day.
- This resets at
Taking the Advancement Exam
- After applying, you will be transferred into the examination room.
- You will role-play as your own character with an Advancement Outfit of your Dan Rank, modified weapons and tools.
- You will also retain your own character's skills and their rank during the exam.
- Your stats inside the exam will be modified.
- The following are also unavailable during the exam:
- Potion Poisoning prior to entering the exam
- You may still get potion poisoning inside the exam
- Bonuses from Foods
- However this only applies to short-term food effects and not long-term temporary stat gain.
- Transformation Skills (Paladin/Dark Knight, Falcon, Beast)
- Escape Bombs
- The enemies in the exam may drop potions.
- When you exit the examination room, your experience points, skill proficiencies, hot keys, and titles will be restored to their former values.
See below for specific information and tips regarding each test.
- If you die during a combat-related Skill Advancement Exam, you lose 100 points. After 10 seconds, you will automatically be revived with Full Recovery.
- The Defense exam is an exception, which will fail upon being knocked unconscious.
- When doing Water Cannon Advancement Exam, half the damage of your highest Water Cannon hit will be added to your score as bonus points at the end.
- When doing Flame Burst Advancement Exam, triple the damage of your highest Flame Burst hit will be added to your score as bonus points at the end.
- Important: When doing an exam involving combat, you are assigned specific skills. They keep the ranks that your character has before going in, however. Due to this, ranking skills related to your test to 1 (or the cap) will give you an extra edge in the test.
- When you go into an exam relating to life skills, there will be an Examining NPC in the middle of the room.
- The Examiner will have an equipment worn besides the Advancement Suit on its Body, Hand, and Foot. Your task is to make the same item that they are wearing. You can only know what it is by looking at the Examiner NPC.
- The needed materials to make the equipment can be obtained by pressing [Trade] with the NPC. The Gold needed to buy the materials will be given to you at the starting of the exam. However, the amount of gold is limited and you will not be able to obtain more gold than what you are already given, so beware that you do not buy any unnecessary materials.
- You can make multiple items of the same equipment and choose the one with the best quality to be given for examining.
- You will be graded on the Quality and time it took you to make the item.
- Talk to the Examiner NPC to hand in the equipment for examination.
- If you give the Examiner NPC a totally different item from what you were required to make, the Examiner will not take the item.
- If you do not think you will reach the grade of S or SS you need but earn enough points to at least obtain a grade of A, exiting before the time runs out will allow you to take the test again by avoiding the one success per day limit.
- During Healing Advancement Exam. If you hit an enemy, the test won't automatically fail, as the Test Supervisor said. Instead, you will be deducted 3 000 points per hit. Though, passing the exam with such loss would be difficult.
- During Healing Advancement Exam. Healing your target when their HP is 20% or below, you will gain 50 additional points. A text message will alert you if your ally's HP is below that point.
Passing the Advancement Exam
- In order to pass the exam, the player must score A-rank or higher. Dan 1 → 2 requires you get S rank twice to rank it. Dan 2 → 3 requires SS rank twice.
- The scores required to meet a certain rank differ for each Dan and are listed below.
|Rank 1 → Dan 1||6000||8000||10000|
|Dan 1 → Dan 2||7000||9000||11000|
|Dan 2 → Dan 3||8000||10000||12000|
- The number of Advancement Badges acquired also varies depending on Dan rank and grade.
|Rank 1 → Dan 1||1||1||1|
|Dan 1 → Dan 2||1||2||3|
|Dan 2 → Dan 3||3||4||5|
Ability Point Usage
|Dan Level||Training Requirement||AP Used|
|Rank 1 → 1st Dan||Pass an exam +100.00 (1/1)
Participate in the graduating ceremony +1.00 (1/1)
|1st Dan → 2nd Dan||Pass an exam + 25.00 (2/2)
Score an S rank or above in an exam +25.00 (2/2)
|2nd Dan → 3rd Dan||Pass an exam + 12.50 (2/2)
Score an S rank or above in an exam + 12.50 (2/2)
- A Dan title is a prefix that may be amended to a corresponding Master Title.
- It is possible to obtain a Dan title before the corresponding Master Title, but it may not be worn without wearing the Master Title.
- Prefix Titles are chosen from a secondary Title list in the Title selection menu.
|Dan Level||Combat||Magic||Life||Alchemy||Martial Arts||Puppetry||Dual Guns||Ninja||Chain|
|1st Dan||The Stormborne||With Wisdom||Known Far and Wide||With a Hunch||Killer of 2 in a Single Shot||Puppet Whisperer||Completionist||Fleet-footed||Slasher of the Night|
- If you get all available skills to Dan for a respective talent, you can receive a Eligibility Certificate for that talent. Equip it to have a special idle animation when no weapons are equipped.
- Alchemy Eligibility Certificate: Talk to the Advancement Guide when all advanceable Alchemy skills are 3rd Dan.
- Combat Eligibility Certificate: Talk to the Advancement Guide when all advanceable Combat skills are 3rd Dan.
- Dual Gun Eligibility Certificate: Talk to the Advancement Guide when all advanceable Dual Gun skills are 3rd Dan.
- Martial Arts Eligibility Certificate: Talk to the Advancement Guide when all advanceable Martial Arts skills are 3rd Dan.
- Life Eligibility Certificate: Talk to the Advancement Guide when all advanceable Life skills are 3rd Dan.
- Magic Eligibility Certificate: Talk to the Advancement Guide when all advanceable Magic skills are 3rd Dan.
- Ninja Eligibility Certificate: Talk to the Advancement Guide when all advanceable Ninja skills are 3rd Dan.
- Puppetry Eligibility Certificate: Talk to the Advancement Guide when all advanceable Puppetry skills are 3rd Dan.
- Chain Slash Eligibility Certificate: Talk to the Advancement Guide when all advanceable Chain Slash skills are 3rd Dan.
- Rocket Arrow (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Life skills are at 3rd Dan.
- Designer (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Life skills are at 3rd Dan.
- Deadly Blow (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Combat skills are at 3rd Dan.
- Robin Hood (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Combat skills are at 3rd Dan.
- Intense (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Combat skills are at 3rd Dan.
- Encyclopedic (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Magic skills are at 3rd Dan.
- Sage Stone (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Alchemy skills are at 3rd Dan.
- Master of Martial Arts (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Martial Arts skills are at 3rd Dan.
- Will of Doll (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Puppetry skills are at 3rd Dan.
- Rapid Fire Maniac (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Dual Gun skills are at 3rd Dan.
- Wild Ninja (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Ninja skills are at 3rd Dan.
- Chained in Darkness (Prefix; Rank 1): Obtained when all advanceable Chain skills are at 3rd Dan.
Collect Advancement Badges by taking advancement tests. Bring them to the Advancement Guide once you have a Dan 3 skill to unlock the Combo Card Customization option. This allows you to add advanceable skills onto an existing Combo Cards.
Combo Card Values Per Slot
When re-rolling a combo card slot via the Advancement Guide, the slot selected will also gain a new damage value. It will roll randomly up to the max of that slot, meaning it can be lower or higher than the initial roll gained, following the below table:
|Slot||Cumulative Max||Slot Max|
|Advancement Test Coordinator||Advancement Test Hall|