|God of Fomors
|This article contains spoilers.
If you do not wish to read further, please return to the home page.
Cichol (written as Ciocal Gricenchos in the Irish Mythology) is a God who governs the Fomorians. He appears as a major reoccurring main antagonist for he leads the Fomors and tries to kill Humans that stand in his way.
His intentions are to destroy every "irrational idea," and he wants "everything to reset and start from scratch, fair and square." Cichol attacks Erinn and its residents in order to reshape and cleanse it with "blood purification."
As Cichol and Morrighan appear in several cutscenes between quests in Generation 15.
As Cichol and Morrighan appear in the The Fallen Light Generarion 16 quest.
- Cíocal Gricenchos in the Irish Mythology is considered the first lord of the Fomorians who lived in Ireland 250 years before the arrival and subsequent invasion by the Partholon, the first Humans to reach Ireland.
- Cichol is sometimes referred to as Keyhole because of the name's pronunciation.
- The White Wing Staff was inspired by a White Winged God, presumably Cichol.
- The Demonic Cylinder and Demonic Gloomy Sunday was created by the legendary blacksmith Goibne under the orders of a Fomor King, possibly Cichol.
- It is also possible that, given the period of time in Mabinogi's history that this took place, the Old Fomor King Balor was responsible.