Mabinogi World Wiki is brought to you by Coty C., 808idiotz, our other patrons, and contributors like you!!
Want to make the wiki better? Contribute towards getting larger projects done on our Patreon!
Erinn Martial Arts Competition/Notes
From Mabinogi World Wiki
For a list of NPCs and their roles see here.
- You should be well supplied in Phoenix Feathers and Potions of all sorts, regardless of combat style.
- You should also be well equipped, as well as maintaining your own equipment for repairs when necessary.
- The rounds get exponentially harder as you continue to advance into the next round.
- There is roughly a 10%-15% increase in stats for the NPCs for each each successive round. (needs testing)
- NPCs can use skills that were previously only usable by players (i.e. Assault Slash, Lance Counter, Lance Charge, Party Healing, Evasion, Crash Shot, Shock).
- Unlike monsters, some NPCs can use Lances and their respective skills.
- Most, but not all, NPCs have at least 1 Passive Defense.
- This is considered to be a Theatre Mission, therefore skills such as Barrier Spikes and Campfire are unable to be used inside.
- Puppet's Snare cannot be used on most NPCs.
General Strategies to Consider
- Healers and Mages are the prime objectives to eliminate regardless of situation.
- Rangers can be annoying, often using Crash Shot or Mirage Missile.
- Some Giants in Elf and Giant Union are capable of Throwing Attack.
- It is suggested to have pets distract them, while dealing with the Healers and Mages.
- They will switch to melee when knocked down.
- Rounds with Summoners are the most difficult as their minions can easily overwhelm players.
- It is not advised to focus on the Summoned, as the Summoner can create replacements.
- Use methods of distractions on the Summoned instead in order to buy time to eliminate the Summoner.
- Area of Effect pets, especially Ice Dragon's Ice Storm and Bone Dragon's Devil's Dash, is most effective in stalling/avoiding attacks, especially when attacked with Final Hit.
- It is also a good way to avoid getting cornered, or if things go wrong.
- Poison Attack affects most NPCs, but is ineffective damage wise.
- An Elf with the job of resurrecting dead players and then using Hide can be useful for avoiding a loss.
- However, this is not effective time wise.
- It is recommended to load all necessary skills (such as Thunder, Fireball, Flame Burst, etc.), before entering each round.
- Party leaders do not have this option.
- Each round pass has two hours expiration time.
- Utilize this time to heal, repair, and resupply.
- On difficult rounds, you may want to wait until 5:50 AM in-game to Transform.
- This way, you have another chance to transform should you get knocked out, or accidentally cancel the transformation skill.
- It best to eliminate (in order) summoners, then Healers and Mages, Alchemists, other, then finally Warriors and Archers.
Skills to Consider
- A high ranked Mana Shield is highly recommended.
- This helps reduces damage to some extent and prevents Injury taken in proportion of the Mana Shield rank.
- Flame Burst is an extremely useful skill to keep NPCs at bay.
- This gives a window of opportunity for other players to strike back.
- Beware that Flame Burst will render you immobile until the skill is finished or manually canceled.
- Since many of the NPCs lack Mana Deflector, it is possible to push all the NPCs into a corner for a practical instant win, provided the other players on the team cooperate with the flame burst user(s).
- Flame Burst still stuns and pushes back NPCs with Mana Deflector so it is possible to continue using Flame Burst and back them into a corner.
- Thunder provides similar features as Flame Burst.
- The difference is immediate aggro and the time to charge (depending on Wand).
- This skill provides a stall time similar to Flame Burst, while having the potential to do more damage.
- If player's Thunder Rank is high enough, it is possible to "juggle" the NPCs with Thunder alone.
- Ice Spear and Blaze are also effective.
- A high ranked Ice Spear can push NPCs into a specific place. A player can then use blaze on the NPCs, dealing great damage.
- Shock is very effective at higher ranks, capable of stunlocking enemies, though it also uses a large amount of MP.
- Try to have Demigod, as this can be used a tide turner should things go wrong.
- When used in critical conditions, one may want to use persona right after for protection. This will allow time for demigod regenerate Health, Mana, and Stamina.
- Shadow Spirit is a useful skill for dealing considerable amounts of damage while stun locking multiple targets.
- Spear of God will deal a considerable amount of damage. However, the damage output is greatly affected by the Protection rate.
- Summon Golem is useful in many ways:
- Golems can be used as a distraction and to tank damage due to great Defense, Protection, and Health.
- Stomp provides instant aggro attention.
- Golems can be controlled during the animation of Flame Burst.
- Golems can also use Windmill to deal damage without causing aggro.
- Smash provides great damage.
- Snow and Magical Golems can score Critical Hits
- When hit with thunder, a player could cast Lightning Shield to reduce damage taken and prevent knock down and stun time.
- Evasion is effective in dodging archery damage, but does not work against Fireball, Thunder, and Ice Spear.
- Fighter Skills are quite effective when dealing with lone enemies.
- Lullaby is effective in keeping the enemies at bay, but this tactic can only be used once. AVOID USING AREA OF EFFECT ATTACKS TO PREVENT LULLABY FROM BREAKING!
- Puppetry Skills are effective in many ways:
- Like Summon Golems, Marionettes are useful distractions and are effective tanks.
- They are extremely powerful in the area of effect aspect. Cycling between Act 4: Rising Action, Act 6: Crisis, and Act 7: Climactic Crash, as well as swapping out Pierrot Marionette and Colossus Marionette, allows one to easily but steadily mow down the enemies.
- Wire Pull can be used to separate the mobs from one another.
- There are no Healers, Alchemists, or Archers in this team.
- Each boss has vast quantities of Health (possibly over 100,000).
- Each boss has high Defense and Protection.
- It is advised to use skills with high output damage or can ignore Protection.
- Because of the amount of HP and Defense they have it is difficult to make the time limit.
- High damage skills such as Spear of God are recommended.
- Use Rain Casting to keep them all at bay before they've spawned, then pick them off one by one carefully.
- Alternatively, Lullaby can be used after they've spawned.
- Tarlach is advised to be eliminated first.
- Fleta should be considered next to eliminate.
- Getting rid of her will also get rid of Rab which will make the battle easier as there will be no more summoned opponents to worry about.
- It is possible to have one party member occupy her with Magnum Shot, while other members handle the rest.
- Due to her frequency to use Teleportation, it is advised for someone to Pummel her to lock her in place.
- Flame burst is less likely to stun her on first hits.
- Price can be easily kept busy with almost any kind of magic, though Firebolt spamming with a speed upgraded Phoenix Fire Wand is recommended until backup is available.
- Kristell is easy to distract with either magic spam or Smashmill.