Description and Geography
Courcle is the region of Iria north of Rano. Courcle features rocky mountainous terrain in the west, a central jungle, a swamp in the south, and a vast savanna to the east and southeast. To cross the eastern river onto the plains, you may ride friendly Hippos.
Courcle is where the Reus River, which flows from Physis, forks into Suytu to the east, and Lutra river to the South. Rafting may be engaged on the Suytu river. The borders of this river are lined with aggressive Hobgoblins who will attack any travelers found on the river, even jumping onto rafts in desperate attempts to destroy them.
- There are numerous rest stops on this river, and a turning point near the river's start allows access to Erkey Falls.
The Giant Lion and Alligator Raids occur in this area.
- The Jungle Tree Mark in Herba Jungle, a tropical forest where meat-eating plants can be found;
- The Mountain Mark in Cenae Meadows, a vast savanna;
- The Dragonfly Mark in Pantay Swamp, a marsh with odd-looking, lamp-like structures;
- The Dragon Mark south of Lappa Village.
- La Terra Highlands, a rocky and barren land with very little vegetation;
- Erkey Falls, where the Irai Ruins rest.
- An Ice Crystal must be used to travel to and from Physis to this area.
- A bridge must be found through Exploration to link Courcle and Rano, or Courcle and Connous.
- The "Blasted" Mana Tunnels that may be found in this region are one-way only.
- These include the Irai (Erkey) Falls Mana Tunnel, and the one in Lappa Village.
Areas of Interest
Exploration and Artifacts
- For more information on Courcle Artifacts, see this page.
- Erkey is the Quechuan word Irqi, meaning Child.
- The thick-looking plants scattered throughout the La Terra Highlands are known as Giant Groundsels (Dendrosenecio).